Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis

Old March 2nd 10, 04:49 PM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

Default Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis

Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...l?eref=edition
Days 1.26 uS shorter, you will become older?
hehe
Old March 2nd 10, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro
[SMF][_3_]

On 3/2/2010 9:49 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...l?eref=edition
Days 1.26 uS shorter, you will become older?
hehe

You might find some humor in this story:

http://tinyurl.com/ylyenna

I'll let you find it on your own.
Old March 2nd 10, 06:22 PM posted to sci.astro
Antares 531

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:49:12 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

Chile quake may have tipped Earth's axis:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...l?eref=edition
Days 1.26 uS shorter, you will become older?
hehe

Who cares about age. It longevity that counts. If the days were
somehow shortened to 50% of their current value but my biologic clock
left unchanged, I should expect to live twice as many days, under the
new system as I would have under the old, long days.