M17 Swan Nebula from A.S.I.G.N.

Old August 3rd 07, 03:59 PM posted to sci.astro
Barry

Default M17 Swan Nebula from A.S.I.G.N.

I had a slight tracking problem, which means I will be doing this one
again, however, I am still very happy with the image data. It was good
practice.

7 x 4 Minute exposures, stacked on Deep Sky Stacker with offsets and
darks removed. Cropped and resized.

Manual guided Canon400D on Skywatcher Pro series ED80.

Baz.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:22 PM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

ups.com...
:
: 7 x 4 Minute exposures, stacked on Deep Sky Stacker with offsets and
: darks removed. Cropped and resized.
:
: Manual guided Canon400D on Skywatcher Pro series ED80.
:
: Baz.
:
:

Can we have it in X-ray and IR please?

Old August 4th 07, 03:56 AM posted to sci.astro
Barry

On Aug 4, 1:22 am, "Androcles" wrote:
"Barry" wrote in message

ups.com...
:I had a slight tracking problem, which means I will be doing this one
: again, however, I am still very happy with the image data. It was good
: practice.
:
: 7 x 4 Minute exposures, stacked on Deep Sky Stacker with offsets and
: darks removed. Cropped and resized.
:
: Manual guided Canon400D on Skywatcher Pro series ED80.
:
: Baz.
:
:

Can we have it in X-ray and IR please?

I WISH!!!!!! Lol! Now if anyone would care to donate funds to
A.S.I.G.N. for said equipment..........

Old August 4th 07, 05:06 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
: On Aug 4, 1:22 am, "Androcles" wrote:
: "Barry" wrote in message
:
: ups.com...
: :I had a slight tracking problem, which means I will be doing this one
: : again, however, I am still very happy with the image data. It was good
: : practice.
: :
: : 7 x 4 Minute exposures, stacked on Deep Sky Stacker with offsets and
: : darks removed. Cropped and resized.
: :
: : Manual guided Canon400D on Skywatcher Pro series ED80.
: :
: : Baz.
: :
: :
:
: Can we have it in X-ray and IR please?
:
: I WISH!!!!!! Lol! Now if anyone would care to donate funds to
: A.S.I.G.N. for said equipment..........

God said "Let there be x-rays and IR light too".
And it came to pass that man made filters and Canon400Ds.

What else do you need besides a couple of filters and a longer exposure
time?

After all, you have 10.1 Megapixels of superior CMOS resolution for a
thousand aussie bucks and obviously a telescope, you built your own
hatbox. I saw your router, what's a filter cost to a rich cobber like you?
Anyway, it'll be good practice for whatever it is you are practicing for.

Marie Curie noticed radiation fogged film back in 1897, we have x-ray film
in hospitals because of it for 100 years. As for IR,
http://www.atsf.co.uk/ilight/tech/ilightec.html

The reason I ask is this:

What I'd like to know is what percentage of spiral arm galaxies have rotated
x-ray and IR images; skies have been clouded over all summer here.

?fading Swan? Dave Amateur Astronomy 3 November 10th 06 04:00 PM
Seeing comet swan Bill Boyd UK Astronomy 2 November 3rd 06 10:26 AM
Comet Swan Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 4 October 29th 06 01:42 AM
Finally met SWAN... Marty Amateur Astronomy 0 October 28th 06 03:08 AM
Swan Nebula (M17) taken with Cooled DSI this morning Chris Taylor UK Astronomy 1 June 14th 05 03:42 PM