what stars are more interesting to look at ????

Old January 9th 07, 12:17 AM posted to sci.astro
SAT W-7

Default what stars are more interesting to look at ????

The stars we see here in the USA or on the other side of the earth in
lets say China ..

Can you see the big dipper in China ?

Kind of a strange question but i thought id ask any way...

Old January 9th 07, 01:44 AM posted to sci.astro
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th wrote:

The view of the sky in China is the same as the view in North America. The
only difference is that they are seeing it a few hours difference in time
depending on the time zone. What you can see of the sky depends on your
latitude (i.e how far you are North or South of the equator). For example
neither China nor most of the USA can see Crux (the Southern Cross). It
just makes it above the southern horizon in Miami.

Klazmon.

http://astroclub.tau.ac.il/skymaps/monthly/index.php

Is a cool little web app where you can put in your latitude and
longitude to see what is visible...

--
Saucerhead lingo #137

"(we) whupped yer incredible arse bigtime" = "we were asked a lot of
unanswerable questions we decided to avoid answering and kept repeating the
same old discredited nonsense".

Old January 9th 07, 02:07 AM posted to sci.astro
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote in
news
In article ,
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th wrote:

The view of the sky in China is the same as the view in North America.
The only difference is that they are seeing it a few hours difference
in time depending on the time zone. What you can see of the sky depends
on your latitude (i.e how far you are North or South of the equator).
For example neither China nor most of the USA can see Crux (the
Southern Cross). It just makes it above the southern horizon in Miami.

Klazmon.

http://astroclub.tau.ac.il/skymaps/monthly/index.php

Is a cool little web app where you can put in your latitude and
longitude to see what is visible...

For the OP and anyone else interested, I would also recommend the freeware
skycharting program Cartes Du Ciel:

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/

or the version 3 beta which is available for Linux as well as Windows:

http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/

Klazmon.
Old January 9th 07, 02:28 AM posted to sci.astro
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th wrote:

For the OP and anyone else interested, I would also recommend the freeware
skycharting program Cartes Du Ciel:

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/

or the version 3 beta which is available for Linux as well as Windows:

http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/

Klazmon.

And for us Mac users ;-)

http://www.stellarium.org/ is available for Lin/Win/OSX ;-)

Old January 9th 07, 03:14 AM posted to sci.astro
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote in
news
In article ,
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th wrote:

For the OP and anyone else interested, I would also recommend the
freeware skycharting program Cartes Du Ciel:

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/

or the version 3 beta which is available for Linux as well as Windows:

http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/

Klazmon.

And for us Mac users ;-)

http://www.stellarium.org/ is available for Lin/Win/OSX ;-)

I believe Patrick is looking for assistance to port Skychart to the Mac too
;-).

Klazmon.
Old January 9th 07, 03:16 AM posted to sci.astro
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
Llanzlan Klazmon the 15th wrote:

And for us Mac users ;-)

http://www.stellarium.org/ is available for Lin/Win/OSX ;-)

I believe Patrick is looking for assistance to port Skychart to the Mac too
;-).

Klazmon.

Thanks for making me feel bad I'm not a coder ;-) Skychart is a pretty
awesome app, in all fairness!

Old January 9th 07, 07:13 AM posted to sci.astro
Andro

"SAT W-7" wrote in message ...
| The stars we see here in the USA or on the other side of the earth in
| lets say China ..
|
| Can you see the big dipper in China ?
|
| Kind of a strange question but i thought id ask any way...

Can you see the sun at night?

Old January 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to sci.astro
SAT W-7

thank you for the info