Blinking

Old December 5th 06, 12:56 PM posted to alt.stupidity,sci.astro
The Last Danish Pastry

Default Blinking

"Bill Wilkinson" wrote in message

John Lodder wrote:
In article ,
The Last Viking wrote:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... The Last Danish
Pastry wrote:
: Every so often I briefly close my eyes.

It's done to save power, I think.

Not to mention exercise. It keeps your eyelid muscles in shape.

You can also hook your eyeleds into a small generator so that they
could generate electricity when you blink. These in turn would
light up a couple of small light bulbs mounted above your eyebrows
so that you can see where you're going in the dark. Also, you could
hook in a small microswitch that would turn the lightbulbs off
whenever you closed your eyes to blink--obviously, you don't need
the light, since yer eyes are closed! This would save even more
power since a couple of blink-powered eyelights would be cheaper
than a 75-watt incandescent bult that is burning steadily.

On Halloween you could paint the lightbulbs red and hang around in
graveyards at night.

I think I would use the electricity to power an electric rocket and
travel to the Andromeda Galaxy which is over hundreds of miles away.

--
Clive Tooth
http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?gallery_id=61771

Colorful and blinking Capella? Grog Amateur Astronomy 5 September 6th 05 05:41 PM
Blinking colorful Capella? Grog Misc 1 September 5th 05 11:11 PM
ds9 blinking question Bernie Walp FITS 2 August 23rd 04 09:07 PM
Blinking light is Saturn? Venona Wickstrom Misc 1 April 5th 04 10:32 AM