Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old September 18th 16, 08:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Now 64F as of 12:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Rain seems to have let up after a damp morning. Still cloudy.

In yesterdays football, former Oregon Beaver's coach Mike Riley found that revenge is sweet as he coached the Nebraska Cornhuskers to a 35 to 32 victory over the Oregon Ducks. The Oregon State Beavers did a lot better, beating the Idaho State Bengals 37 to 7. The Portland State Vikings were way out classed, losing to the No. 8 Washington Huskies 41 to 3.

Yesterday my old high school senior class president, Mike, called me while I was still at the library and invited me out to lunch. He took be over to Dea's In & Out, a burger place, but an iconic one with a long history in Gresham. He asked me a lot of questions about my life, and my dad's service in WWII. I will probably be working with him on our up coming class reunion. It was good to see an old friend again.

Double-A

Old September 18th 16, 11:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:25:58 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 1:53:58 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 1:22:19 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A perfect day here in Gresham. Sunshine with a few light clouds. Wind 0 mph. Humidity 43%. But tomorrow rain is expected. Oh well, tomorrow is a good day to stay home and watch (or listen to) college football!

Stock market has been on a roller coaster this week! I have some skin in the game now having invested small amounts in a number of stocks. I fear declines next month, but as long as interest rates stay near zero, I foresee continuing long term gains for the market.

Double-A

AA Watch out for Apple. Its going 100% overseas .I made my prediction,but if I had to change it I say March 15/17 is fall out,and sell. Great depression ended as WW2 begain.This time wars only cost lives. Hot Dry and I predict no rain this month Ha Ha Ha. Trebert

The September rains have begum here! Steady rain this morning. Lots of water...

I have a great type kids pool.Its called splash.Make a great birthday gift.Its cool Its fun,and even makes grownups laugh.It has lots of stuff that can be added to it. The word 'splash" has to sell in Calif.Global warming makes splash a big time $$$$$ maker. So hot again No rain in sight. I'll spend the rest of the day spasling the girls at the pool. Trebert
Old September 19th 16, 10:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:00:55 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

I have a great type kids pool.Its called splash.Make a great birthday gift.Its cool Its fun,and even makes grownups laugh.It has lots of stuff that can be added to it. The word 'splash" has to sell in Calif.Global warming makes splash a big time $$$$$ maker. So hot again No rain in sight. I'll spend the rest of the day spasling the girls at the pool. Trebert

Rain has let up here, but still cool. Currently only 64F and mostly cloudy as of 2:15 PM PDT here in Gresham.

I remember getting splashed on when I was at the Sea World near San Francisco, and the big orca whale splashed down after making a jump! I suppose nice on a hot day, but I still didn't enjoy getting wet. I think they have phased them out now.

Double-A

Old September 19th 16, 10:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

[...]

AA Jim I was giving 5 to 1 on no rain today. Its warm sunny and bone dry. Busy day for me in my race.Lots of stuff going on in Fullerton,and some of it durty.HUD is again showing its corruption with big construction builders and renters.People ask me for help to fight it.Its Easthampton Ma. in the days I ran for mayor there.100% Fed and state cheating tax payers out of billions.Its deplorable. Trebert
Old September 19th 16, 11:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 2:19:55 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

AA Jim I was giving 5 to 1 on no rain today. Its warm sunny and bone dry. Busy day for me in my race.Lots of stuff going on in Fullerton,and some of it durty.HUD is again showing its corruption with big construction builders and renters.People ask me for help to fight it.Its Easthampton Ma. in the days I ran for mayor there.100% Fed and state cheating tax payers out of billions.Its deplorable. Trebert

Fight the good fight! Here in Gresham the city just raised by more than 100% the tax they place on my electric bill! Funny, my Social Security income has shown no increase at all the last couple years!

Double-A

Old September 20th 16, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Here in Gresham a cool 63F as of 12:45 PM PDT. Sunny and dry today. Light northwesterly breeze. Was some rain during the night.

I think I might have a mountain beaver eating bread crumbs I throw out on the patio. It looks too small for a possum, too big for a rat. They make big holes in the ground and tunnels. Sort of a giant gopher. We had a lot of them around my dads place, but they are rarely seen.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/mtn_beavers.html

Double-A

Old September 21st 16, 12:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

Here in Gresham a cool 63F as of 12:45 PM PDT. Sunny and dry today. Light
northwesterly breeze. Was some rain during the night.

I think I might have a mountain beaver eating bread crumbs I throw out on
the patio. It looks too small for a possum, too big for a rat. They make
big holes in the ground and tunnels. Sort of a giant gopher. We had a lot
of them around my dads place, but they are rarely seen.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/mtn_beavers.html

Double-A

************
Hagar leaves holes like that when he forages for road kill remnants.

Notroll2016

Old September 23rd 16, 12:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A little sun through clouds and 65F as of 3:45 PM PDT here in Gresham.

Went downtown Portland to the TriMet office earlier and picked up a handful of up to date bus and train schedules. This is the time of year they get changed. They have made cascading waterfalls flowing down on both sides of the entrance! I question the wisdom of spending money on such things. But Kim uses the pools of water to wash her feet!

On the way back, I stopped at the Lloyd Center and found the Barnes & Noble Bookstore there. The Lloyd Center was light and airy when it was build in 1960, even though it was then the biggest shopping center in the world. But every remodeling has made it bigger and more oppressive feeling! Now they are working on it again, and the skating rink is torn up. I once knew it like the back of my hand. Now it is hard to keep from getting lost in there.

I don't know what got into me to think I could afford a book from Barnes and Noble, even with a couple bucks left on a gift card. I read many of their books when I was homeless, but I haven't been able to afford any of their books in years.

Fortunately I spied a Dollar Tree store across the street and found I few items I could afford there. Then back hone on the MAX Train.

Had a nice lunch yesterday with Kim. She keeps pushing me to write a book.

Double-A

Old September 23rd 16, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Well the chill is in the air, even now on only the second day off fall. Only 59F now as of 2:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Sky dark. Rain pending. They have all the streets blocked off to parking as they get ready for their annual "Teddy Bear Parade" tomorrow! Well, I guess whatever floats their boats around here.

Double-A

Old September 24th 16, 06:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A crispy 55F at a bright and early 10:00 AM PDT here in Gresham. Morning clouds, but supposed to be sunny later. A perfect though chilly fall day.

A parade is going by outside, the Teddy Bear Parade! Everybody loves a parade! It was just starting as I arrived at the library. Saw the Gresham city mayor go by and the city councilors. Everybody on the streets are toting teddy bears! Most streets are blocked off, but at least it hasn't displaced the Farmers Market. Here at the library, there are plenty of computers not being used!

It's a good thing I went to the Lloyd Center on Thursday, because yesterday a Black Lives Matter demonstration surged through that maul! Now days you never know!

This morning, 5 dead in a maul in Bremerton, Washington! A man went on a shooting spree, as last I heard, he is still at large!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM