BBC Star Party

Old August 24th 03, 01:20 AM
Martin

Default BBC Star Party

"Martin Frey" wrote in message
I hardly dare say it but - well done Beeb - if that doesn't whet a few
appetitites nothing will.

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------

It was OK but a little "pop" for my liking. I know the BBC have to
"entertain" but they seem frightened of educating people these days. The
SETI thing was pointless, but I suppose they wanted to show Jodrell Bank
doing "somfink useful" in Beeb speak.

Best two images of the night were the cleaned up Mars stuff and Sophie
Rayworth :-)

I'd give em 7/10

Martin

Old August 24th 03, 01:48 AM
Martin Frey

"Martin" wrote:

I'd give em 7/10

Martin

7/10? That's a high score by previous Beeb standards.

Any chance of seeing you in Tenterden next Wednesday for the Homewood
Mars party?

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------

Old August 24th 03, 04:08 AM
Steve

Martin Frey wrote:
I hardly dare say it but - well done Beeb - if that doesn't whet a few
appetitites nothing will.

Cheers

Martin

Just home from the All Night Star Party - As a treat, post
transmission, we had just over an hour of scope time on the INT

:-))))))) :-)))))))

....which is perhaps as well, because we could see bugger all in the sky.

Steve
--
Steve Taylor
Technical Director

Old August 24th 03, 09:51 AM
Darren

"Paul Clark" wrote in message
Just home from the All Night Star Party - As a treat, post
transmission, we had just over an hour of scope time on the INT

:-))))))) :-)))))))

It was an 'interesting' experience. I'd better go and feed the cats now.
Paul

We got home around 4am after the party.

Free food, free beer, lots of crazy amateur astronomers and a few celebs to
boot.

We had a great time after the show finished, watching the images from INT.
Highlights of which included:

M57
M92 (my choice)
M13
Stephan's Quintet (excellent choice!)
M891
Saturn Nebula

There were lots of technical problems - the screen kept going blank and the
astronomers went for a tea break or something, but we had until 2am to see
all this stuff.

Well done BBC in producing a memorable event for the participants. Now all
I've got to do is sit down and watch the video. )

Darren

Old August 24th 03, 11:37 AM
Steve

Robin Leadbeater wrote:

Does Ramesh Murchandani ever let anyone finish a sentence?

The shooting script left about 30 seconds per "interview" - I suspect
they dock his pay if he speaks over time....

Steve