Space walks..

Old September 3rd 12, 08:24 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Space walks..

The last one happened on a day when I was not able to listen, but from what
I read some odd problems meant it was not able to be completed. and now they
are going out to finish it this week Is there a summary somewhere of what
the issues were?

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Old September 3rd 12, 06:01 PM posted to sci.space.station
SMS

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/...ation-failure/

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/...spacewalk-iss/

Old September 4th 12, 06:53 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Are those times gmt or what?

I read that bit on the news, but when I tried the long link for th news
page it failed hence my original message.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"JF Mezei" wrote in message
eb.com...
Brian Gaff wrote:
The last one happened on a day when I was not able to listen, but from
what
I read some odd problems meant it was not able to be completed. and now
they
are going out to finish it this week Is there a summary somewhere of what
the issues were?

NASA ?@NASA

Next #ISS #Exp32 #spacewalk set for Wed. morning to attempt to complete
installation of a spare power unit:
http://go.nasa.gov/gRMayE

The above points to:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/st...ing/index.html

Where there is a Latest News.

Here is a snippet:

##
International Space Station Expedition 32 Flight Engineers Sunita
Williams of NASA and Akihiko Hoshide of the Japan Aerospace Exploration
Agency will conduct a spacewalk Wednesday, Sept. 5 to attempt to
complete installation of a spare power unit on the station's truss. The
spacewalkers will venture outside the station for the second time in six
days to complete the installation of a Main Bus Switching Unit (MBSU).
NASA Television will air live coverage of the spacewalk beginning at 6
a.m. EDT. The spacewalk is scheduled to begin at approximately 7:15 a.m.
##

Question: is this the type of task that could be handled by DEXTRE ?

Old September 4th 12, 07:03 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Hi I did manage to read that but it was hard going as every few lines, a
line or part of a line was read twice. Is there some animation on that page
that could be interfering with the focus of the screenreader?

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"SMS" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/...ation-failure/

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/...spacewalk-iss/

STRING WALKS AND SILLY WALKS Pentcho Valev Astronomy Misc 7 August 27th 08 04:15 PM
lunar walks faked starlord Misc 2 July 22nd 04 07:53 AM
Space station design and the need for space walks John Buehler Technology 6 July 12th 04 03:30 PM
"Moon" walks in perspective Chillyvek Astronomy Misc 1 October 24th 03 07:25 PM
"Moon" walks in perspective Jmpngtiger Amateur Astronomy 1 October 22nd 03 01:49 AM