Are We In Trouble In Year 2012?

Old April 11th 11, 07:15 AM posted to sci.astro
Charles Bash

Default Are We In Trouble In Year 2012?

A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.

Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?
C. Bash

Old April 11th 11, 07:27 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_41_]

"Charles Bash" wrote in message
|A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
| straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.
|
| Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
| earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?
| C. Bash

A friend of mine has pointed out that there are 100 cents to
a dollar and 100 pence to a pound.
Are the economists concerned about this? That there will be
recession, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?

Old April 11th 11, 08:13 AM posted to sci.astro
Martin Brown

On 11/04/2011 07:15, Charles Bash wrote:
A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.

Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?

Yes. It is high time for a cull of credulous B-Ark material.

So important that even the UK's Royal Society is in on the act.
http://royalsociety.org/events/The-e...world-in-2012/

"They" want to keep it secret. Beware of the mutant star goat.

Mayan calendar date overflow isn't the end of the world - it is just
another excuse for a Solstice party.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old April 11th 11, 01:15 PM posted to sci.astro
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2011-04-11, Charles Bash wrote:
A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.

Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?
C. Bash

!The planets won't be in a straight line alignment next year. Even if
they were they wouldn't make earthquakes. There's been earthquakes
enough in 2011 without any "alignments".

Bud
Old April 11th 11, 06:03 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Apr 11, 9:13*am, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 11/04/2011 07:15, Charles Bash wrote:

A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.

Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?

Yes. It is high time for a cull of credulous B-Ark material.

So important that even the UK's Royal Society is in on the act.http://royalsociety.org/events/The-e...world-in-2012/

"They" want to keep it secret. Beware of the mutant star goat.

Mayan calendar date overflow isn't the end of the world - it is just
another excuse for a Solstice party.

Regards,
Martin Brown

It most certainly is the end of a lot of the intellectual world should
this empirical ideology continue that one 24 hour rotation does not
equate to a day/night cycle with a proportion of 1461 rotations to 4
orbital circuits or 365 1/4 to one orbital circuit.You know it is the
end when a bunch of boring empirical freaks manage to convince the
rest of the world that there are 366 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit
without fear of objection .

There is no way on this good Earth that intelligent people could
suffer something as basic as the correspondence between one 24 hour
rotation and one day/night yet not one person has ever affirmed 365
1/4 rotations per orbital circuit and that,in any era,is amazing and
terrifying for all the wrong reasons.
Old April 11th 11, 06:27 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Apr 11, 9:13*am, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 11/04/2011 07:15, Charles Bash wrote:

A friend of mine has pointed out that all the planets will come into
straight-line alignment next year, in 2012.

Are the astronomers concerned about this? That there will be
earthquakes, ,,etc,,,,, on planet Earth?

Yes. It is high time for a cull of credulous B-Ark material.

So important that even the UK's Royal Society is in on the act.http://royalsociety.org/events/The-e...world-in-2012/

Even the Royal Society empiricists indeed !,the people who try to
celebrate an anti-astronomical joke of trying to squeeze the Earth's
daily and orbital motions into the calendar based Right ascension.It
is not the end of the world,it is however the end of Newton's toxic
strain of empiricism.

Of all the idea ever to emerge for investigation,the most basic and
simple correspondence is between one 24 hour rotation and one orbital
circuit in a proportion of 1461 rotations for 4 orbital circuits or
what amounts to the same thing - 365 1/4 rotations to one orbital
circuit.

The fact that not one person will affirm the basic proportion of
1461:4 which relies solely on arithmetic is the end of the world and
to know what that dismal world looks like,each and every individual
here just looks in the mirror and considers all the worst human traits
possible.

The other option is to behave like people with intelligence,courage
and talents for a change.

Old April 11th 11, 09:28 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Apr 11, 11:27*am, oriel36 wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:13*am, Martin Brown
wrote:

So important that even the UK's Royal Society is in on the act.http://royalsociety.org/events/The-e...world-in-2012/

Even the Royal Society empiricists indeed !

It's clear from the news item that what they're trying to do is to
educate the public, so that it will no longer fall for such silliness
as an end of the world in 2012.

John Savard
Old April 11th 11, 09:54 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 4/11/11 1:28 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
It's clear from the news item that what they're trying to do is to
educate the public, so that it will no longer fall for such silliness
as an end of the world in 2012.

Agreed. But it's not clear to me why the illustration they use has the
impactor glowing from ablation out beyond an earth-radius indicating an
atmosphere much more than 8000 miles thick. Do they propose to counter
one irrational and impossible anti-science claim with an alternate
irrational and impossible anti-science claim?
Old April 11th 11, 10:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Guys,guys,guys,trying to sound like the voice of reason while holding
on to views which are not rational and especially the lack of anger at
the attempted interference which links the noon cycle with the annual
cycle through the proportion of rotations to orbital cycles and the
steady arithmetical progression of rotations to orbital cycles is near
enough 1461 rotations to 4 orbital circuits should not be in doubt for
a single moment.

I have done what I could to demonstrate that the original empirical
approach had its good attributes in a less severe approach to cause
and effect,the letter from Wallis to Boyle being an example but
this,this idea that one 24 hour rotation does not reflect a day/night
cycle and this alone puts the idea of the empirical 'counter-intuitive
' in its proper perspective of being intellectually vapid and, should
a reader be aware of the problem,be insane as a proposition.

It is 50 years since the first human spaceflight and I have seen the
weak excuses why we have not done better lately but that is a problem
of vision and vision is not a speculative guess but rather a sense of
removing limitations by human ingenuity,invention and
discovery,somehow there are people who already know this but fail to
act appropriately for while many do consider the issue of 2012 being
the end of the world there are few who are so industrious as to barely
notice.There will always be nuisances and always empiricists who try
to sound like the voice of reason while being beyond unreasonable with
ideologies which are not totally out of control or plain boring but it
is with people who I know who are decent that I find the greatest
difficulty with as these are the people who could speak up on this
great tragedy or do something better in doing what they can to bring
about a more intimate link between astronomy and the terrestrial
sciences and yes,including the most basic correspondence between the
rotations of the the Earth in an orbital year with day/night cycles
stretched out to give a total proportion of 1461 rotations to 4
orbital cycles.

Empiricists never see the point but genuine people eventually will.

Old April 11th 11, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_41_]

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
| On 4/11/11 1:28 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
| It's clear from the news item that what they're trying to do is to
| educate the public, so that it will no longer fall for such silliness
| as an end of the world in 2012.
|
| Agreed. But it's not clear to me why the illustration they use has the
| impactor glowing from ablation out beyond an earth-radius indicating an
| atmosphere much more than 8000 miles thick. Do they propose to counter
| one irrational and impossible anti-science claim with an alternate
| irrational and impossible anti-science claim?

Poetic license is permitted when the public needs to fall for such
silliness as big bangs, black holes, time dilation, Higgs bosons etc.,
and squeeze tax money out them to support pyramids, cathedrals,
Angkor Wat, Large Hadron Colliders etc.

Rhode Island Under 100 Year Flood---The 2012 End Points Near [email protected] Misc 37 May 14th 10 07:16 PM
In the Year 2012 Quadibloc Policy 2 February 14th 09 02:51 AM
In the Year 2012 Quadibloc Amateur Astronomy 2 February 14th 09 02:51 AM
84 Year Old Woman Sentenced for Raping an Eleven Year Old Boy! Double-A[_1_] Misc 0 February 16th 07 04:23 PM
Spirit Marks One Year on Mars (One Martian Year, that is) [email protected] News 0 November 21st 05 11:27 PM