Oh my God....new Battlestar Gallactica Season a commentary on Iraq!

Old October 7th 06, 03:21 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
jonathan

Default Oh my God....new Battlestar Gallactica Season a commentary on Iraq!

With Coalition Occupation Authority, insurgents, suicide
bombers, the whole works.

And we're the fraken cylons.

It's over, time to begin planning our withdrawal from Iraq.

Old October 7th 06, 03:54 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
William Elliot

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, jonathan wrote:

With Coalition Occupation Authority, insurgents, suicide
bombers, the whole works.

And we're the fraken cylons.
It's over, time to begin planning our withdrawal from Iraq.

Damn this pussy footing around.
It's time to move on to Iran.

Then to North Korea. Then to naughty Venezuela.
Finally to wrap it up, stomp that irrelevant UN.

With a warm up like that, it'd be time to move back home and demand
reparations for inadequate troops, equipment, supplies, medical care and
pay.
Old October 7th 06, 03:37 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Jim Oberg[_1_]

How frigging courageous, standing up
against a myth-monster that you KNOW
won't hurt you, to the delight of all the
make-believe bravehearts who are now
even deeper into self-delusion,
grandstanding, and mental-jerkoffing.

Ever see any Hollywood criticism of
the really dangerous monsters in the world?
Don't hold your breath.

. ..

Old October 7th 06, 11:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
[email protected]

Turn The U.N. into low rent housing! If we are going to be Rome, It's
time to act like Rome, (or should I say France?)!

Carl
P.S.
Lets just hope that the N.K. sit tight and stop trying to enter the
DMZ. I really worry about our boys there.

Old October 8th 06, 05:26 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
jonathan

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message

How frigging courageous, standing up
against a myth-monster that you KNOW
won't hurt you, to the delight of all the
make-believe bravehearts who are now
even deeper into self-delusion,
grandstanding, and mental-jerkoffing.

I'm usually pretty good at interpreting
outbursts, but this is beyond me.

Ever see any Hollywood criticism of
the really dangerous monsters in the world?
Don't hold your breath.

It's just that it shouldn't be that easy to portray
us as the monster. Bush still has two years
left, they need to let the Iraqis know that time
is running short. I understand the reasoning for
not setting a timeline for withdrawal. But I think
it's gotten to the point where it will help take
the steam out of the insurgency if they know we're
not planning on staying indefinitely. And I think
it'll force the Iraqis to progress on a political
settlement.

We can only give them a chance to build a
democracy, we can't do it all for them.

With a large majority or Iraqis supporting democracy
we have to have faith the people will rally around
their government once we're no longer casting
such a dark shadow over it.

The strategy of not providing enough troops was
deliberate I believe. If we had locked the place down
with half a million troops, there'd be no reason for
the Iraqis to build up their own forces and police.
And once we left what is going on now would
break loose against a totally unprepared Iraqi
govt.

But the constant shortage of US troops creates
an urgency for Iraq to build up and prepare
for the worst. So that when we leave they'll be
battle tested and ready in a situation where
the insurgency should decline not increase.

An occupation is only moral if it's to install
a democracy /and/ temporary.

Bush's constant harping that he'll never leave
I think is the driving force behind the insurgency.

. ..

Old October 8th 06, 10:10 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
William Elliot

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 wrote:

Turn The U.N. into low rent housing! If we are going to be Rome, It's
time to act like Rome, (or should I say France?)!

Carl
P.S.
Lets just hope that the N.K. sit tight and stop trying to enter the
DMZ. I really worry about our boys there.

Damn jerk, don't quote nothing. Go away and get manners.
Please learn and use better math group manners as discussed at

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html

"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about
what I accept as reality."
--- Calvin ("Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson)
Old October 8th 06, 03:49 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Pat Flannery

William Elliot wrote:

US baiting Korea, just like US baited Japan putting our stand downed
battle fleet within tempting distance at Pearl Harbor. US leave, N.Korea
invades S.Korea and US nukes the hell out of NK from off shore in full
fulfillment of US promise to protect SK.

China protests U.S. action by stopping exports to U.S. and terminates
buying of U.S. government bonds to finance U.S. national debt; U.S.
economy collapses, dollar is worthless, world switches to Euro as new
currency of choice.
Not a good scenario.

Pat
Old October 8th 06, 05:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Jorge R. Frank

Pat Flannery wrote in news:12ii3v61a1007a1
@corp.supernews.com:

William Elliot wrote:

US baiting Korea, just like US baited Japan putting our stand downed
battle fleet within tempting distance at Pearl Harbor. US leave, N.Korea
invades S.Korea and US nukes the hell out of NK from off shore in full
fulfillment of US promise to protect SK.

China protests U.S. action by stopping exports to U.S. and terminates
buying of U.S. government bonds to finance U.S. national debt; U.S.
economy collapses, dollar is worthless, world switches to Euro as new
currency of choice.
Not a good scenario.

China depends much more on exports to the US than the US depends on imports
from China. China will suffer much more than the US under that scenario.

That's not to say that China wouldn't do it. But it would be a mutual
suicide pact, not unilateral retaliation, and the Chinese government
understands that quite well.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.