mass is light.

Old January 5th 07, 08:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
John Griffin

Default mass is light.

"Brad Guth" wrote:

"John Griffin" wrote in message
. 1.4

We're living in the evidence and we're just another little
part of it. The present state of things is one of the
possible random outcomes of a few billion years of ****
happening. On the other hand, there is no evidence of any
outside influence, i.e., nothing that couldn't have happened
randomly.

Last time I'd checked, Earth isn't very old, especially the
humanly survivable portion of our newish planetology being of
the last few hundred million years worth of something far less
than heathen status until after the last ice age, which was
essentially yesterday.

How did you check that, whatever it means?

Therefore, I do not fully agree with your "nothing that
couldn't have happened randomly", at least not w/o intelligent
design at some point having been involved, especially on
behalf of terraforming such a newish planet as Earth (should
only make Venus extremely interesting).

You don't agree, but you can't formulate a rational counter
argument. (Or even a rational sentence, apparently.)

Tell me something that has happened and could not have happened
by chance.

There is one mighty good reason to believe that all this has
happened in less than 100 billion years, namely that it has.

I 100% agree, that within the 100+ some odd billions of cosmic
happenstance years, whereas possibly random evolution
(including the eventual intelligent design phase) could have
mastered the highly complex codes of DNA/RNA.

Are "happenstance years" some sort of equivalent to man years?

You remind me of some guy who claims to be some kind of scientist
and gives lectures to batches of Christians about how he has
calculated the probability of human life having gotten to the
present state by accident. The fool promulgates a bunch of stuff
as fact and then bases his "calculations" on it, deriving a
meaningless number as the probability that life originated
without some mystical force. He and his rapturous audience don't
even notice the fact that his calculation refers to one
particular instant of time and space and that there were a hell
of a lot of instants in a hell of a lot of places before the time
of the first evidence of life on Earth. Also, no one in those
audiences would dare ask him "If human life is so improbable,
just how ****ing improbable is the emergence of the thing you
call 'God'?" Pretty weird, eh?

That leaves our Earth a touch shy of roughly the other 95+
billion years.

The 100 billion is an interesting conjecture, in a way. If a "big
bang" started the parts we know about, what started that? Why not
100 trillion? Why not an infinite number? (Yes, I know the
cosmologists say time started within the big bang and that
there's nothing "outside," but they haven't opened a window or
whatever to make sure of that.)

It's silly to introduce a superfluous designer. (Partly
because that proposes an even more complex being, which by
the same reasoning requires a designer of the designer.)

It's not really the least bit silly, as I've intelligently
designed all sorts of complex things that would not have never
transpired via cosmic happenstance or evolution within any
given 100+ billions of years, plus there were likely a few
nasty microbial creations that I had no honest intentions of
ever accomplishing (sorry about that). How about yourself?

You're kidding yourself. Given an infinite amount of time,
anything you've ever done would happen by chance.

Also, you didn't understand what I said. No designer is required
for the universe to come to the state where you can do whatever
relatively piddly stuff you're talking about.

(don't suppose you've mastered anything we could use, or
having replicated another Jesus freak as of lately)

I wouldn't have any idea how to replicate a Jesus Freak. Several
years ago, I met a Jesus Freak who was a nymphomaniac. She told
me her twin sister was the horniest woman she ever knew. Too bad
they weren't triplets, eh? Damn, one more replication...

You surely would blow for tens of billions of years if you
could last that long.

Being your Old Testament thumping and infomercial spewing
rusemaster self, we see.

You have a weird "seeing" problem.

Too bad there's a pesky 225 million year cycle of our local
cosmic realm, which really screws a bunch of things up for
all of those Old Testament big-bang wizards. Along with
96% of our universe in stealth mode isn't exactly helping,
is it.

That's pretty funny. The fact is that we know just a smidgen
more about that 96% than we knew a century ago.

Silliy how the truth and nothing but the truth hurts those you
love the most.

I don't see how the truth about that 96% will hurt anyone, except
maybe some religious gulls who might find the emerging facts
incompatible with their mythology. Imagine the impact of finding
that Haile Selasie is not a god but just another DMF.

Old January 5th 07, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
John Griffin

"tomcat" wrote:

Brad Guth wrote:
"John Griffin" wrote in message
. 1.4

BTW; you're an insider and a liar to boot, arnt you.

How much does MI6/NSA~GOOGLE pay for the average spook/mole
like yourself?

No wonder this anti-think-tank of a Usenet from your hell
sucks and blows just the way you folks like it.
-
Brad Guth

I have often wondered

That seems to be as close as you can ever get to simulating
intelligent thought.

where these posters come from. Perhaps
they are carefully selected agents of some clandestine society
or antagonistic government. They will always, always shift
the argument and discourse away from science and into name
calling politics.

"Perhaps" we normal people are just normal people having fun with
mixed-up turkeys.

Every idea is debunked by them with every kind of false image,
rationalization, and informal fallacy.

Saying that strongly implies that you're under the impression
that you can effectively dispute something posted by one of us
normal humans. Where'd you get that goofy idea?! ROTFL

If all else fails they
clutter the topic with their inane posts to the point that
discussion degenerates into an "anti-think-tank", the opposite
of what the Usenet is supposed to be.

snicker Give us more details about what USENET is "supposed to
be." Be sure to include some reason to believe you're qualified
to make that determination. (Your belief that some rocks are
living organisms doesn't work in that regard--or in any other,
actually.)

And, BTW, who is talking to the Borg now?

Brad talks to lots of "invisible friends."

Brad, don't you
ever learn.

Don't worry, he isn't likely to ignore that good advice.

Old January 5th 07, 08:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
John Griffin

"Brad Guth" wrote:

"John Griffin" wrote in message
. 1.4

BTW; you're an insider and a liar to boot, arnt you.

How much does MI6/NSA~GOOGLE pay for the average spook/mole
like yourself?

No wonder this anti-think-tank of a Usenet from your hell
sucks and blows just the way you folks like it.

Was that silly yapping related to something you snipped?

Did the Government/Media Disinformation Agency change its name to
MI6/NSA-GOOGLE while I was out on my last top secret assignment?
Old January 5th 07, 09:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
ups.com

I have often wondered where these posters come from. Perhaps they are
carefully selected agents of some clandestine society or antagonistic
government. They will always, always shift the argument and discourse
away from science and into name calling politics.

Every idea is debunked by them with every kind of false image,
rationalization, and informal fallacy. If all else fails they clutter
the topic with their inane posts to the point that discussion
degenerates into an "anti-think-tank", the opposite of what the Usenet
is supposed to be.

And, BTW, who is talking to the Borg now? Brad, don't you ever learn.

Sorry about breaking my own rule, though you seem to not have any rules
whatsoever against those Old Testament thumping and mostly Republican
borgs. Therefore, what's your point?

BTW; what's there in Usenet land to wonder? Isn't 99.9% of it
corrupted?

Clearly, even though I'll have to agree with many of your statements or
otherwise fair analogies of what we're up against are true, yet time and
again you are still badly snookered and unavoidably dumbfounded yourself
past the point of no return.

You either haven't an honest clue between your mutually perpetrated
cold-war and NASA/Apollo spewing butt-cheeks, or you're one of them.
Which is it?

You're obviously something a whole lot more weird than just Republican,
more than just pro big-government and big-energy, arnt you.

Is there any hope on the event horizon for the likes of "tomcat"?
-
Brad Guth

Old January 5th 07, 09:37 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
ups.com

Our warm and fuzzy "John Griffin" is clearly one of them, as are the
other 99.9% worth of Usenet's incest cloned collective of borg assholes
of this mostly Republican anti-think-tank that's of their very own Third
Reich and Old Testament (Skull and Bones) rusemasters, that previously
lied enough in order to get the likes of Jesus Christ(one of their own
kind) put on a stick, and then as per usual blaimed others, just like
they still do as of today.
-
Brad Guth

Old January 5th 07, 09:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
ups.com

"John Griffin" is "Art Deco", and "Art Deco" is "John Griffin".

There are countless others of mostly Republican and Old Testament
thumping borgs, but there to as best as you might care to try, you
simply can't tell them apart to save your soul.
-
Brad Guth

Old January 5th 07, 09:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
tomcat

Brad Guth wrote:
"tomcat" wrote in message
[...]

Getting back to the subject of photons having mass let's examine a
typical solar engine. A solar engine is simply a set of sails on a
nearly frictionless pin in a vacuum. One side of the sails are shiny
metallic and the other is black so that photons are absorbed.

A solar engine turns like a wheel, spinning happily in the sunlight.
When there is no light it comes to a stop. This is as close to PROOF
that photons have mass as you can get. How else could they impart
kinetic energy (KE) to that pin wheel?

So, the question isn't whether or not photons have mass, rather it is
how much mass.

tomcat

Old January 5th 07, 10:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
ups.com

No way Mr. tomcat,
We are not getting this topic back to photons because, you haven't
addressed the prime issues that have taken over this topic. Are you a
rusemaster sucking wuss, or not? Exactly how brown is your nose?

If we are going to share anything with these incest cloned borg, it
needs to be for our best intentions of telling such off-topic spewing
*******s that never intend to constructively contribute squat, and
otherwise intend only to infomercial spew their mostly Republican and
Old Testament thumping crapology until hell freezes over, to basically
stuff it way past the point of no possible return, such as where the sun
doesn't shine.

99.9% of Usenet is summarily mindset ****ED (just the way they and of
their born-again resident LLPOF warlord GW Bush like it). Most of the
other 0.1% of us village idiots are snookered and thereby rather easily
dumbfounded past the other point of return (much like yourself). What
part of the 0.1% are you? Or are you still part of their 99.9% club.

Got any of that message?

Otherwise, forget about photons, because you and I've more than
contributed to the original tpoic that's only been trashed by the likes
of your infomercial spewing and otherwise LLPOF friends.
-
Brad Guth

Old January 6th 07, 07:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
ups.com

tomcat,
I'd noticed how the borgs you continually brown-nose with (namely the
likes of lord all-knowing William Mook) had pretty much vaporised your
perfectly nifty "Electrogravitics is Reality!" topic. Besides public
information that's somewhat topic related and certainly interesting, was
there even so much as one actual topic constructive soul to be found,
other than the usual space-toilet buttology of the usual naysayers?

It seems these MIB damage control posy types are pretty much all that
you ever encounter, and yet you seem to think that you're anywhere in
their class of rusemaster expertise. Sorry, you're not nearly good
enough, yet.
-
Brad Guth

Old January 6th 07, 07:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"tomcat" wrote in message
oups.com

tomcat,
I'd previously noticed how the borgs you continually brown-nose with
(namely the likes of "Art Deco" and lord all-knowing "William Mook") had
pretty much vaporised your perfectly nifty "Electrogravitics is
Reality!" topic. Besides the public information that's somewhat topic
related and certainly interesting, was there even so much as one actual
topic constructive soul to be found, other than the usual space-toilet
buttology of the usual naysayers?

It seems these MIB damage control posy types/clowns are pretty much all