Grass Roots to Save the Hubble

Old February 6th 04, 02:24 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Grass Roots to Save the Hubble

Seriously...I imagine that if we got a big enough ground swell together we
could get the cashed raised to run a mission to the Hubble. Of course when
the mission is over the scope would then be called something like The Ford
Motor Company Hubble Space Telescope, Built Tough.

OK, I am half joking, but what about some corporate sponsorship?

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old February 6th 04, 03:05 PM
Jax

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
Seriously...I imagine that if we got a big enough ground swell together we
could get the cashed raised to run a mission to the Hubble. Of course when
the mission is over the scope would then be called something like The Ford
Motor Company Hubble Space Telescope, Built Tough.

OK, I am half joking, but what about some corporate sponsorship?

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

it's not about money - it's about the reliability of the shuttle and NASA's
concern for loss of life, their image, and their careers.

peace,
jon

Old February 7th 04, 07:06 AM
jerry warner

Then they need to get off the pot and make some correct decisions
for a change, the first decision of which is to stand up to the political
establishment in a credible way for the first time in years, and worry less
about their careers and more about their credbility in life! They cant hide
forever!
Jerry

Old February 7th 04, 03:42 PM
P. Edward Murray

I just got a response from Ray Villard of the Space Telescope Science
Institute. He said that we should sign the petition and write our
Congressmen/women & Senators.
Old February 7th 04, 03:42 PM
P. Edward Murray

Old February 8th 04, 08:11 AM
jerry warner

My Congress people, Grassley, Harkin, and Leach just voted $50 mil
to back a $285 million dollar Indoor Rainforest for Coralville, Iowa on
Interstate-80. $150 million more for a Convention and Hotel Center.
All suits have failed with the Iowa Supreme Court. No voting has been
allowed. And the Iowa Supreme Court says no vote need be taken!
Hundreds of established tax paying businesses will be displaced, made
extinct, or adversely affected - with thousands of people adversely
affected in the short run. The whole inner residential corridor of
Coralville
will be made extinct and literally sacrificed to further this plan and
the
promises it forcasts. Almost 1000 people have already been kicked out of
their apartments (and homes) in Coralville, Iowa to accomodate the
Urban Renewal plan, with not one cent of compensation or relocation
money to anyone displaced.

I dont know how Harkin will come down on Hubble. He will probably
flip-flop and wait hoping he doesnt have to say anything. Sen Grassley
will glad to be against Hubble. His buddies tell him Hubble has something

to do with Evolution! And since it does not smell like a pigs ass, he
wont
understand or be in favour of saving it! Leach? He might be in favor of
saving it, or he might not. Like Harkin he will hope he doesnt have to
say anything, but behind the scenes he will probably be against saving
Hubble, because the money spent on Hubble could be diverted to go to
the Coralville Rainforest aka "The Iowa's Child Project" aka "The
Environmental Project" aka "The Leach Campaign Fund"!

Jerry