Double-A Is Back!

Old October 28th 14, 09:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

Cloudy and 57F here in Tigard as of 2:00 PM PDT. Some rain this morning.

Another gray day.

Double-A

Old October 30th 14, 12:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Dark and gloomy here in Tigard at 5:45 PM PDT. 61F and rain expected.

Power lunch with Kim. She knows somebody with a singlewide for sale for only $2000! I'll have to check that out.

Double-A

Old October 31st 14, 08:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy skies as usual here in Tigard and 54F as of 1:45 PM PDT on this Halloween Day.

Stock averages are up again, gold is down at a four year low, and SpaceShip Two is down.

Best thing now is to stay invested in stocks. They should be good for a few more years with interest rates being as low as they are.

Double-A

Old November 1st 14, 08:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy with the Sun occasionally peeking through. Only 51F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Tigard on this first day of November. But the weather is nice enough that I enjoyed walking from the transit center to the library since I faced a long wait until the next transfer bus.

There has been an ebola scare even here in Portland. A patient has come to one of the hospitals with a fever!

There were some flying saucer sightings in Troutdale, Oregon just a couple days ago! That is only about 20 miles east of here.

Double-A

Old November 2nd 14, 10:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and only 49F with light rain here in Cedar Mill today as of 2:15 PM PST. Yes, PST!

Had to get over here to pay my monthly locker storage bill.

Cedar Mill Library is a ballot drop off site for the up coming election, so people are bringing by their ballots. People here are voting on whether to legalize recreational marijuana and whether to require labeling on genetically modified foods. Also the Governor is up for reelection.

Double-A

Old November 3rd 14, 10:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and 56F with a few sprinkles as of 2:45 PM PST here in Tigard.

We are all waiting with bated breath for tomorrows vote!

Double-A

Old November 5th 14, 12:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and 60F here in Tigard as of 5:00 PM PST. A little rain earlier.

Election Day!

Had lunch with Kim downtown.

Double-A

Old November 7th 14, 09:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:33:53 AM UTC-8, Twittering One wrote:
alt. astronmy appears to be the ONLY usent group active, based on Google groups data

Hi Twittering. Glad to hear from you again. sci.physics is still fairly active. But things aren't what the used to be. Also Google has become less functional. They won't allow cross posting anymore. But as long as I post from the library, it is about the only choice I have. But the Tigard Library is a beautiful place, located in a park with a creek running through it.. It's just a short bus ride from the motel where I am staying currently. Easy to read here too with big windows to let in lots of light, which makes a difference for those of us whose vision is no longer perfect. Am still looking for a sustainable place to live since the motel is too expensive for me. But Portland has a housing shortage. Rents are high, and landlords are looking for only those with high incomes and perfect credit. Had to go to a hospital Wednesday to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from my face. Then this library is closed on Thursdays. Now that I am old enough for Medicare, I am getting good medical care.

Here in Tigard it is currently sunny after a cold foggy morning. Currently 56F as of 1:30 PM PST.

I was wondering why my maid service at the motel had gotten so bad, and then when I went to pay my weekly bill, the owner told me his maid had passed away! I am sad and will miss her, because she was such a nice and cheerful lady. I think he will have a hard time finding someone to replace her who is willing to work 7 days a week. This isn't the old country (India).

Double-A

Old November 8th 14, 03:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
"Like a poem poorly written
We are verses out of rhythm,
Couplets out of rhyme,
In syncopated time
And the dangled conversation
And the superficial sighs,
Are the borders of our lives."
- Simon & Garfunkel

Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head..

Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile.

First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all.

I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert!

Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills.

Double-A

Sorry your maid passed away AA. I could use a maid for my Van. Had a nice maid(young) at Circus Circus,still she would not take a shower with me. Reality is "I"m old and ugly Will buy two lobsters Sunday. Its food replacing good sex
Old November 8th 14, 08:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:24:50 AM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

I am hoping that when I find a sustainable place, that Kim will move in with me. I had promised to hire her as my cook. I have low expectations for bliss, but when you get old, companionship is better that nothing.

A another rare sunny day here in Tigard. Temperature is 57F as of 1:00 PM PST. Not expected to go much higher.

The Oregon Ducks play the Utah Utes tonight on ESPN at 7:00 PST!

Double-A