A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Double-A Is Back!

Old October 17th 14, 11:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Double-A Is Back!

Cloudy and raining slightly with 59F back here in Tigard once again as of 3:30 PM PDT.

Downtown to the clinic this morning, then got on the express bus out to Tigard.

Double-A

Old October 18th 14, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A beautiful fall 70F here in Tigard under cloudy skies as of 2:00 PM PDT.

The (5-1) Ducks meet the (5-1) Washington Huskies for the big showdown tonight at 5:00 PM in Eugene!

The Beavers lost their game to Utah in overtime Thursday night.

Double-A

Old October 19th 14, 10:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Sunny with clear skies and a perfect 73F here in Tigard as of 2:30 PM PDT.

Desiring to emulate my hero Hagar, I am starting to look at single wides in the local trailer parks around here. There is a park near downtown Hillsboro where some good deals are being offered. I was looking at one ad yesterday on Craigslist, when just as I was still looking at it, it was taken down. Kind of discouraging, but there are more ads from that park. It doesn't sport a sewer lagoon, but there is a garbage transfer center nearby. Just down the street in the other direction is a big shopping center which has most of the stores I am used to shopping at. So it might work out.

Double-A

Old October 19th 14, 10:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
notroll2015
external usenet poster

"Double-A" wrote in message

Desiring to emulate my hero Hagar, I am starting to look at single wides in
the local trailer parks around here. There is a park near downtown
Hillsboro where some good deals are being offered. I was looking at one ad
yesterday on Craigslist, when just as I was still looking at it, it was
taken down. Kind of discouraging, but there are more ads from that park.
It doesn't sport a sewer lagoon, but there is a garbage transfer center
nearby. Just down the street in the other direction is a big shopping
center which has most of the stores I am used to shopping at. So it might
work out.

Double-A

Yeah, Hags park has a sewage lagoon. When he was younger (and lighter) he
used to believe it was so nice that neighbors took him water skiing. What
he didn't know was that they were just trolling for alligators.

Old October 21st 14, 12:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Dark clouds fill the sky threatening thunderstorms here at the Tigard Library on SW Wall and Hall! 63F here as of 4:00 PM PDT.

Double-A

Old October 21st 14, 11:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Cloudy, a sprinkle of rain, and 60F here in Tigard as of 3:15 PM PDT.

I got a surprise call from Autumn at the Oldtown Clinic this morning, telling me that Clackamas County is opening immediately 210 new Section 8 voucher opportunities! I was going down to the clinic anyway today, so while there, Autumn got my application electronically submitted. These vouchers are almost impossible to get anymore, but would allow me to get low subsidized rent, and meet landlord's increasingly high income requirements. Could be my lucky day!

Clackamas county is just south of Portland. After one year of living there, I could move anywhere I wanted and still keep the subsidy. Of course when I get my next high paying job, I will probably lose it.

Double-A

Old October 24th 14, 11:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:18:40 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 10/19/2014 5:40 PM, Double-A wrote:

Desiring to emulate my hero Hagar, I am starting to look at single wides in the local trailer parks around here. There is a park near downtown Hillsboro where some good deals are being offered. I was looking at one ad yesterday on Craigslist, when just as I was still looking at it, it was taken down. Kind of discouraging, but there are more ads from that park. It doesn't sport a sewer lagoon, but there is a garbage transfer center nearby. Just down the street in the other direction is a big shopping center which has most of the stores I am used to shopping at. So it might work out.

Wouldn't it be ironic if AA moved into Hager's trailer park?

Since this isn't California, that isn't likely. But if that were to happen, as long as he's willing to share the beer, why not be friends!

A gloomy day here in Tigard with rain drizzling down. Only 54F as of 3:45 PM PDT.

Better than yesterday though. Rain just poured down yesterday around 1 PM until there seemed like rivers flowing out of my motel parking lot! Then the lightning strikes began, and loud claps of thunder! Being up on top of a ridge, I am close to the lightning! At about that same time, a tornado touched down in nearby Longview, Washington! A few houses were damaged and roofs blown off! This is not supposed to be tornado country, but sometimes the weather gods don't follow the rules!

There was a school shooting this morning just north of Seattle. A native American boy shot several other students, then shot himself dead. One of the other students has died, and 3 others are in critical condition.

Double-A

Old October 25th 14, 10:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Cloudy skies and windy here in Tigard as of 2:00 PM PDT. High wind warnings out for this afternoon and rain expected. Temperature 63F.

Things didn't look too bad when I left the motel, so I thought I would give it a try. While at the Tigard transit center waiting for my transfer, a freshet of rain and wind came though. Luckily there is a roof there. Then that passed and the Sun came out. Then the high wind started blowing. Finally the bus came, behind schedule as usual. See how much time I have to waste waiting for buses? Yesterday my transfer bus pulled out just as my bus pulled in! So I just walked the rest of the way to the library, through the rain!

Now I just saw the lights dim once. With these winds around, who knows how long the power will stay up? My session here might well be cut short.

Double-A

Old October 26th 14, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Sunshine through scattered clouds with 58F here in Tigard as of 1:30 PM PDT..

The high winds yesterday caused a lot of damage around the Portland area. The winds reached as high as 50 mph around the region, although one gust of 70 mph was measured in Portland! Lots of power outages as the wind blow trees down, sometimes taking down power lines with them. Over 1000 people were without electricity by the end of the day. Luckily my lights stayed on.. Still a bit breezy here, but nothing like yesterday.

I see the Seattle Seahawks have finally prevailed over superman Cam Newton and his Carolina Panthers, but it was touch and go.

Double-A

Old October 27th 14, 10:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Partly cloudy and 61F here in Tigard as of 3:45 PM PDT.

A day of reprieve before the rain comes back.

Double=A