Double-A Is Back!

Old September 7th 14, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

Sunny and 77F here in Tigard as of 12:45 PM. Not a cloud in sight.

I'm sure you all watched as the Oregon Ducks trounced Michigan State 46 to 27 in a great come from behind finish. The Ducks are now 2 - 0,

It is about that time of year when we used to go picking huckleberries on Larch Mountain. If you wait much longer, the dry fall winds will dry the berries and shrivel them up. The Indians were picking them before we were.

Double-A

Old September 8th 14, 09:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and 70F here in Tigard as of 1:00 PM. The fall temperatures are coming back.

Well, Oktoberfest season is almost here. Time to get rowdy and spill beer on your friends!

Also it's time to sight in your hunting rifle. Bambi's mother season will soon be here!

Double-A

Old September 10th 14, 02:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 77F as of 6 PM here in Tigard.

Double-A

Old September 11th 14, 12:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 79F in Tigard as of 4:45 PM.

Power lunch with Kim today in Pioneer Place.

Yesterday at the clinic I was tended to by a pretty young intern doctor who washed my feet! What a lucky guy I am!

Double-A

Old September 13th 14, 01:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 86F here in Tigard as of 4:45 PM. Slight dry east wind. Yesterday it was very windy with gusts up to 40 mph out of the gorge! Makes fire a hazard.

Another hazard is the coronal mass ejections from the Sun this week. We are due to be it by the strongest of these today or tomorrow! The potential for damage to our electrical grid system is enormous! Stock up on candles and batteries everyone! In a prolonged outage, the electric gas pumps won't even work, so you might want to consider getting a horse!

http://www.weather.com/news/science/...earth-20140912

Yesterday I went up to OHSU, known locally as the hospital up on the hill. duplex ultrasound with doppler scan to see how well the blood is flowing through my legs. The doctor said I have "good anatomy". My circulation was confirmed to be good.

Double-A

Old September 13th 14, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny, 84F, and still slightly windy here in Tigard as of 1:15 PM. Expected high 88F.

Northern lights were expected to be visible as far south as Oregon, but I couldn't see any from my well light polluted area. Apparently no disasters have occurred. All is calm.

But we really should get safeguards put into our electrical grid.

Double-A

Old September 14th 14, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 1:47:52 PM UTC-7, Saul Levy wrote:
IT WAS CLOUDY HERE!

MOST DOOM AND GLOOM NEVER HAPPENS! THE PIG HAD THAT ONE NAILED DOWN!

Saul Levy

A pretty boring planet, huh Saul?

Now sunny here in Tigard and 82F as of 12:45 PM. Expected high 89F. It made it to 90F yesterday.

Still now luck in finding an apartment. Most landlords want a virtual cavity search of background checks. Those that don't are likely scammers.

Hear about that football player Andrian Peterson indicted for beating his son with a switch? Gives new meaning to the saying, "As the twig is bent."

My grandmother not only beat me with switches, but made me go cut them for her!

Double-A

Old September 15th 14, 12:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:15:13 PM UTC-7, Saul Levy wrote:
NOT AT ALL!

JUST NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM LIKE THE PIG-DOG WANTED!

WHERE IS THAT RAGHEAD MOTHER****ER?

Saul Levy

Probably off on jihad with ISIL.

Double-A

Old September 15th 14, 08:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 82F at high noon here in Tigard. An expected high of 90F here in this land of endless summer. Yesterday it made it to 92F.

I missed the famous Mt. Angel Oktoberfest which finished up yesterday, but there is still the Portland Oktoberfest in Oaks Park next weekend.

I need to go over to the gas station where my cousin works and pick up a pile of my mail later today. It's good that he has been helping me out with that.

Double-A

Old September 17th 14, 12:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and only 77F as of 4:00 PM here in Tigard.

Picked up my mail for about the last 3 months last night. What a pile!

Down to the clinic earlier today, and things are looking better.

Double-A