Double-A Is Back!

Old August 23rd 14, 11:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:02:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:39:09 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Bert can fix almost anything, and I'll teach you how to do the rest. That's a bit too far for me to commute, as otherwise I'd drop by to give you a hand.

If I move a yacht into the garage and boathouse out back, maybe I can use your services.

Comparing pictures the landlady sent me to older pictures from Google Streetview, I can see that the house has been recently completely remodeled and repainted and reroofed. I think she wanted to make a lot of money reselling it, but hasn't found a buyer. The kitchen has all new appliances. It looks like a good neighborhood.

Sunny here in Tigard and a perfect 76F as of 4:00 PM.

Had my weekly lunch with Kim today, and she's all gung ho about moving into the house. Hopefully no more sleeping out in the cold for her this winter.

Double-A

Nice catch, even if the neighborhood is somewhat iffy.

Remember, most landlords take multiple photographs of everything before you move in, and perhaps you'll even get to initial some of those. So, it has to be as good or better at each annual inspection, or upon vacating. That'll be easier said than done unless you live alone and hardly if ever invite anyone over.

Old August 24th 14, 12:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:57:32 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

I found out I am renting from a very old lady who used to live there. She doesn't care about money.

Double-A

Old August 24th 14, 06:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Greysky

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That could be either good or bad, DA. Try to sign a lease good for at least
a year at a time. You don't want to have the bad luck of moving in and then
she croaks and her relatives send you packing after a month or two. Also
please don't invite both Harlow and Hags over at the same time for the
housewarming party. Harlow will probably use the AR-15 he gifts you on hags
at the same time Hags tries to run down Harlow with his motorcycle - those
boys don’t know how to behave properly for a civilized party...

G-

Old August 24th 14, 06:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 4:02:53 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Lucky you. Don't let this one slip. If need be, put her in a chest freezer if she crooks, and keeping her mail picked up could buy you a couple of free years.

Otherwise, being very nice to her and taking good care of the house could get you into her estate settlement.

Old August 24th 14, 02:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 8/24/2014 1:19 AM, greysky wrote:

That could be either good or bad, DA. Try to sign a lease good for at
least a year at a time. You don't want to have the bad luck of moving
in and then she croaks and her relatives send you packing after a month
or two. Also please don't invite both Harlow and Hags over at the same
time for the housewarming party. Harlow will probably use the AR-15 he
gifts you on hags at the same time Hags tries to run down Harlow with
his motorcycle - those boys don’t know how to behave properly for a
civilized party...

What? Hager is my buddy.

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take it's place.
HAIL HYDRA!
Old August 24th 14, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another nice sunny day here in Tigard. It is a perfect 75F here as of 1:00 PM.

A6.0 earth quake has struck Napa Valley California!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/24...rn-california/

I worry about those Napa Valley vintage wines!

Doouble-A

Old August 25th 14, 08:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Greysky

"HVAC" wrote in message ...

On 8/24/2014 1:19 AM, greysky wrote:

That could be either good or bad, DA. Try to sign a lease good for at
least a year at a time. You don't want to have the bad luck of moving
in and then she croaks and her relatives send you packing after a month
or two. Also please don't invite both Harlow and Hags over at the same
time for the housewarming party. Harlow will probably use the AR-15 he
gifts you on hags at the same time Hags tries to run down Harlow with
his motorcycle - those boys don’t know how to behave properly for a
civilized party...

What? Hager is my buddy.

Yes, Hager is your best friend, we all know that... I'm talking about HagAr.
No relation to Hager so put away the AR-15...DA wont invite you both to the
party because he doesn't want to mop up blood off the floor.

Old August 25th 14, 12:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:24:48 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Another nice sunny day here in Tigard. It is a perfect 75F here as of 1:00 PM.

A6.0 earth quake has struck Napa Valley California!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/24...rn-california/

I worry about those Napa Valley vintage wines!

Doouble-A

It's all part of the upper caste dogma/manifesto of creating as much global inflation as possible, of turning what should be a retail value of not more than $1/lb of fresh grapes into a trendy $25/bottle of bad tasting grape juice that's artificially colored and flavored to suit each fancy label. As you already know, they are making us pay at least $3/lb for the fruit ($5/lb in upscale markets and roughly twice that amount for the majority of their cheapest wine).

Like the fact of most collectible and usually spendy art is counterfeit, so is most of their spendy vintage wines. The point is always to make those grapes into anything but raw fruit available at a competitive fair-market price, although the trick is getting a brand/ID sticker applied to each individual grape so that they can justify a price of $10/lb.

I happen to like 100% pure grape juice, though it's usually too spendy at nearly the same price as a cheap bottle of wine. We live in a fancy eyecandy container world of waste and disregard, additionally fooling ourselves that our recycling of such disposable food and beverage containers is actually saving us from ourselves, when in fact the all-inclusive energy and environmental impact of recycling is often every bit as bad or worse than ever, especially when the collection process and multiple transporting, sorting/processing and re-shipments are running that recycled stuff all over the place before ever becoming its next product or byproduct that usually can't be recycled again because of all the impurities that are getting way too spendy to deal with.

Incineration of plastics and other materials at ceramic temperatures and thereby creating clean energy is actually by far the best use of our waste/garbage. At high enough temperatures, even the steel in tires gets burned up and the exhaust is among the cleanest of any hydrocarbon combustion. There are a few smart nations that actually want all the garbage they can get, because their own waste isn't of sufficient volume to run their clean power plants.

Of course HTP could be mass produced via renewable energy, and by using HTP instead of atmosphere for combustion would eliminate the NOx as well as giving even higher combustion temperatures with the least amount of CO2 per GWt. We'd be essentially burning water, because H2O2(HTP) is simply a heavier version of water.
Old August 25th 14, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, August 25, 2014 4:23:59 AM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

[...]

Yes, cheap wine is probably as cheap a way of getting the health benefits of grape juice as well as getting extra benefits!

The reason prices ate so high I think is really because the dollar is rapidly devaluating. High inflation combined with low interest rates are shrinking the value of a person's savings rapidly.

Here in Tigard it is sunny and 84F as of 1:00 PM PDT.

Have you heard about the sea plankton being found on the outside of a window of the ISS? The organisms have been living and growing in the space environment! How did they get there? The Russians suggest that air currents carried them up into space off the ocean's surface. Seems unlikely. Another theory is that the plankton may have come from comets, perhaps its true original origin before entered the ocean in the first place! Strange!

Double-A

Old August 26th 14, 06:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
"Like a poem poorly written We are verses out of rhythm, Couplets out of rhyme, In syncopated time And the dangled conversation And the superficial sighs, Are the borders of our lives." - Simon & Garfunkel Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head. Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile. First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all. I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert! Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills. Double-A

Hi AA Hotel I did my stick at was Circus circus 250 kids got Chief grey Cloud,and 60 men liked G=EMC^2. They said they would frame.and that kind of tickled me.like Robin williams It tickles me when I get laughs.I have his demonds ,but Ifight them every day. He was only a kid (63) I have not found a place yet. Circus Circus I will stay at again for 3 days. They like me. I get voutchers(same as $$$) free meals Free rides,and a way to take my pictures to that Silver and Gold pawn shop. I will run for mayor here too. WHY NOT My hearing is just about zip. TreBert