How far away from the sun

Old November 23rd 19, 04:46 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default How far away from the sun

Any one know how far away from the sun you would have to be to not feel it's
heat to any extent? For example, I know an astronaut doing a space walk would
bake without a suit, where the ISS is. And in the shadows, he'd freeze solid.
But how far away would he have to be so the heat from the sun wouldn't be a
problem, just the cold. Thanks.