mass is light.

Old May 31st 06, 07:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

Default mass is light.

If the frequency of the photon is f, then the mass is h*f/c^2

Robert J. Kolker,
I'm thinking the lower the frequency the greater the potential mass,
then perhaps divide all of that by 2.

? h*1/f/c^2/2

how much is "h" worth these days?
-
Brad Guth

Old May 31st 06, 02:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

tomcat wrote:

It is interesting to note that some theorists believe that electrons
are 'the' fundamental building block of matter/mass. Electrons have
mass. Photons don't. But, when electrons shift orbits they generate
photons and when photons hit metal plate they generate electrons.

The do not generate electrons. They knock electrons loose. The electrons
are already their, bound electrically to a nucleus.

Bob Kolker
Old May 31st 06, 11:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

Brad Guth wrote:
I believe there's at least 1e100 photons per atom, and we're talking
about all the way from those extremely low frequency gravity photons of
infinite light years to those sub gamma photons of the sub-picometer
status, thus we have lots to pick from.

If the gravitational interaction is mediated by a boson, it will be a
spin two boson. A photon is a spin one boson.

Bob Kolker

Old June 1st 06, 05:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

Brad Guth wrote:
tomcat,
More importantly, it's interesting to note that we're seeing no actual
hard numbers coming from these wizards that usually claim to know all
there is to know.

I believe there's at least 1e100 photons per atom, and we're talking
about all the way from those extremely low frequency gravity photons of
infinite light years to those sub gamma photons of the sub-picometer
status, thus we have lots to pick from.
-
Brad Guth

Light is certainly one of the strangest of objects. In the Double Slit
Experiment it acts like a wave until you look for the particles. Then
it becomes particles, instead. Albert Einstein used the speed of light
as the upper bound for all possible speeds in the Universe.

In the broad sense light includes visible light and invisible light,
such as X-Rays and Gamma Rays, besides. This is why solar cells
produce as well on cloudy days as they do on bright sunny days. Solar
cells react to the UV and shorter wavelengths and they can punch
through clouds.

In fact, this is how you entangle photons. One method is to take a UV
photon and turn it into two Infra-Red photons which equal the original
energy of the UV photon.

Recently light was speeded up in a doped optic fiber. Since the light
exceeded the speed of light in a vacuum it transversed the optic fiber
backward, instead of entering where it entered. In other words you
pour the light in end A and it immediately comes at you from end B.
Reference: University of Rochester in New York. This is creating
speculation that exceeding the speed of light can take you backwards in
time.

So, light is a little weird. Perhaps that is why there is some action
on this "mass is light" topic. It is time to air some of the weirdness
of simple photonic . . . light.

tomcat

Old June 1st 06, 05:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

tomcat wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

P.S. Reference on the University of Rochester experiment.

See:
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/light...rds-10590.html

tomcat

Old June 1st 06, 05:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

So, light is a little weird. Perhaps that is why there is some action
on this "mass is light" topic. It is time to air some of the weirdness
of simple photonic . . . light.

We humanly detect perhaps 0.0000001% of that weird photon spectrum, and
of our very best instruments detect perhaps 0.1% of whatever's photon.
Too bad we haven't established the LL-1 platform for doing real
science.

Do you still think we walked on that gamma and hard-X-ray moon of ours?

This was something interesting.
Dogon_Tribe_from_Sirius_B / TRUE physical
Manipulation of the masses is for sociopaths. brian_am_stuckless
is not a manipulator of anyone. His dialecticisms are framed in
the highest artform available to engineers - mathematics. One
would tend to believe that there is a message behind using the
dollar signs at the borders of his reports - I can see that today
there is a tremendous ruse being played on the American people -
liberalism and dialectical moderation to the extreme. Yet the
ruses of the blind can in no way dilute the potency of the wise.
Political shadiness are for those who can't withstand the light
of truth. Only the knowingly-ignorant will perish of their own
accord. The free will of the force of faithful intuition can never
be resisted. Mr. brian_a_m_stuckless is a simple example of the
force of faithful intuition. How much he is right, I am not sure.
But I can say one thing: the "proud" will succumb to the applica-
tions of the wise, and will be banished from advancing the
applications and benefits of harmonious science!

I totally agree with this seriously weird soul, and as you know, I even
have a few of my very own WMD forms of "harmonious science" that
actually has replicated hard-science and otherwise having been based
upon the regular laws of physics to boot, that'll kick serious Usenet
naysay butt in order to prove it.
-
Brad Guth

Old June 1st 06, 05:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

tomcat wrote:
tomcat wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

P.P.S. Reference on the University of Rochester 'Light' experiment.

See: http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=2544

tomcat

Old June 1st 06, 09:39 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

Faster than light, slower than light, stopping light dead in it's
tracks and apparently going backwards is essentially in other words of
what others and I'd argued as of several years ago, by which my efforts
blew all sorts of Usenet fuses, and I even crashed FAS .org and .com a
couple of times in the process. I did the same to the lords and
wizards of the MI~NSA BBC/BBCI and summarily got more naysay flack than
I'd thought possible, not to mention having ****ed off SETI/OSETI to no
end.

I was merely going for efficient interplanetary and interstellar
communications via photons, as suggesting upon a few science probes or
data packets that could be made of light upon light, instead of our
physically going there or even sending off a physical probe that'll
likely never exceed 1% the speed of light due to the terminal velocity
of the ISM, though 10%'c' might conceivably be sustained via my
Ra--LRn--Rn--ion thruster that has got a half life Isp that's worthy
of 1600 years...

Here again, I was suggesting upon our utilizing the LSE-CM/ISS as
offering a perfectly viable science platform, if not having arrays of
robotic laser cannons actually deployed upon our moon. Of course, all
that did was start WW-III.

So yes, light and the entire spectrum gauntlet of such photons (the
vast majority of which we can't see, and some of which we can't even
detect) that as a whole seem a whole lot more important than atoms is
indeed extra special in my book. Just don't expect any constructive
Usenet topic support, other than from the likes of myself and damn few
others that would dare to share their 2 cents worth.
-
Brad Guth

tomcat wrote:

Old June 1st 06, 02:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy

"sam ende" wrote in message
jonathan wrote:

DYNAMICS OF COMPLEX SYSTEMS
http://necsi.org/publications/dcs/index.html

thanks for the link, it looks interesting.

Here's a couple of links where some of the main concepts
are introduced in a less detailed way.

Self-Organizing Systems (SOS) FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.calresco.org/sos/sosfaq.htm

And my favorite site, since they place all the
concepts in essay form.
http://www.calresco.org/themes.htm

And here's a link to one of the founders
and his lectures outlining some initial concepts.
If anyone thinks my writing is 'fringy', read this.
He juggles mathematical concepts using terms
like 'trembling hands', 'Adam Smith' and
Demons.

INVESTIGATIONS
THE NATURE OF AUTONOMOUS AGENTS
AND THE WORLDS THEY MUTUALLY CREATE
STUART A. KAUFFMAN
http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/People/ka...tigations.html

To really see the significance of these concepts, it's important
to spend some time with random boolean networks. Which
are to complexity science as the integral is to calculus.

This allows you to visualize how a random network can
spontaneously organize. And shows how at criticality
the network suddenly goes from a simple cyclic network
to an explosion in network complexity. It shows how
randomness is the ultimate source of evolution, whether
living or physical.

Random Boolean Networks
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~kaiw/RBN/

CALResCo Software Pages
http://www.calresco.org/sos/calressw.htm#oc

sammi

Old June 2nd 06, 02:17 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa

I'm into thinking if photons are purely 2D quantum string frequency
based items, then perhaps there's a positive photon and a negative
photon per given frequency wave, that's otherwise representing itself
as a single photon to our eyes and instruments. Perhaps this notion
has some bearing on the spin-one/spin-two boson, and of light being
capable of going in reverse.
-
Brad Guth