Shuttle Launch Checklist

Old May 16th 11, 02:07 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Joe Snodgrass

Default Shuttle Launch Checklist

Where can I get a list of the Shuttle's system checklist that the crew
run down, on the radio, right before launch? TIA.

Old May 17th 11, 11:46 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Obviousman

Try he

http://wiki.ssm-fans.info/ascent-checklist-oms

It's a sim, but it would give you an idea.

Actual checklists would vary, I would think, from mission to mission.
Case in point - the Apollo checklists. They were always being revised.

Old May 17th 11, 12:21 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/...SC_134_F_5.pdf

Old May 18th 11, 03:13 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
LooseChanj

On or about Tue, 17 May 2011 07:21:44 EDT, Jorge R. Frank made the sensational claim that:
On 05/16/2011 08:07 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

Where can I get a list of the Shuttle's system checklist that the crew
run down, on the radio, right before launch? TIA.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/...SC_134_F_5.pdf

Now where's the *real* one, with deets on jump starting and such.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Old May 18th 11, 10:19 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Obviousman

Can I ask how you found that? I looked under Shuttle and missions and
documents but couldn't find anything.

I use the NTRS a lot for Apollo documents but find the current NASA
website(s) very unhelpful.

Thanks!

On or about Tue, 17 May 2011 07:21:44 EDT, Jorge R. made the sensational claim that:

Old May 18th 11, 06:10 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Sylvia Else[_2_]

On 16/05/2011 11:07 PM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

Where can I get a list of the Shuttle's system checklist that the crew
run down, on the radio, right before launch? TIA.

1970's design? Check

Fireworks attached? Check

No new disaster due? Check

Fatigue life excedence
within limits? Check

1370 design changes
since previous launch? Check

Tank mounting bracket
cracks covered with foam? Check

Unjustified risks signed
off? Check

You are go for liftoff.

Sylvia.

Old May 18th 11, 06:10 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

On 05/18/2011 04:19 AM, Obviousman wrote:
Can I ask how you found that? I looked under Shuttle and missions and
documents but couldn't find anything.

Googled "flight data files nasa gov". This is the page that links to it:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/news/flightdatafiles/index.html

Old May 19th 11, 12:38 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.tech,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 5/18/2011 1:19 AM, Obviousman wrote:
Can I ask how you found that? I looked under Shuttle and missions and
documents but couldn't find anything.

I use the NTRS a lot for Apollo documents but find the current NASA
website(s) very unhelpful.

Thanks!

Jorge R. Frank works for NASA (or at least used to, I don't know what
his current work situation is) as a Shuttle crew trainer, so that
probably helps a bit on knowing where to find Shuttle stuff. :-)

Pat