ASTRO: Titan's Shadow Transit - rare event

Old April 13th 09, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Default ASTRO: Titan's Shadow Transit - rare event

After several failed attempts, I finally caught Titan's shadow transit.
I wish the seeing were better but you get what you can I guess.

C8 at f/46, Phillips ToUCam.

--
Adriano
http://www.edmar-co.com/adriano/

34°14'11.7"N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saturn-2009-04-13-00-44_STACK-7073-final.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	2387
Old April 13th 09, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Adriano" schreef in bericht
After several failed attempts, I finally caught Titan's shadow transit.
I wish the seeing were better but you get what you can I guess.

C8 at f/46, Phillips ToUCam.

excellent! congrats. I just constructed my observatory and am busy
finalising it so I have not looked up that much lately :-)
--
Martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian

Old April 13th 09, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Thanks! I like your observatory; well done! The next Titan shadow
transit will occur on April 29 - check your ephemeris for local times.

Old April 14th 09, 06:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Looks good to me. Even in my 10" f/8 50's era Cave it isn't an easy
naked eye target except for instants of better than average seeing and
then only every 15 or so years. Don't think I've even tried for it
since the ring crossing in the 60's. With film I never hit the seeing
needed so it was only a visual target. Web cams were in short supply
back then!

Rick