Moon's Gravity Creating Tides Tricky Stuff?????

Old November 6th 04, 01:19 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Moon's Gravity Creating Tides Tricky Stuff?????

Earth's high tides average four feet Four feet facing the moon,and four
feet on the opposite side of the Earth..In order to have that high tide
on the back side it has to move the solid Earth towards its direction.
Thus leaving the liquid water behind. That to me means the water facing
the moon should be some what higher. That water facing the moon is
getting a pull from the moon and a push from the Earth. All
these thoughts make sense to me,but how about you? Bert

Old November 6th 04, 10:51 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi JohnZ That is the shortest criticism I ever got over many moons of
posting.(I love it) I'm afraid to ask for a few more words to add to
just "no" Its such a tiny word. Still it is negative. JohnZ negative is
such a bigger word,but it fits so well when your answering my posts.
Bert

Old November 9th 04, 03:28 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

SB just a millmeter Hmmmmm That would not create a high tide on the
backside. I posted it was "tricky" Bert