Meade Illuminated 9mm Reticle Eyepiece

Old December 15th 03, 05:28 PM
Janet Arruzo

Default Meade Illuminated 9mm Reticle Eyepiece

Hi Group ___

1. Can some kind soul please tell me what the four screws on the
barrel of the Meade Cordless Illuminated Reticle eyepiece are for?
Two are kind of knurled and are adjacent each other, the other two
smooth with a top slot for a small screwdriver. Is there a web
resource/article that specifically addresses this (no instructions in
box)? I just spent 30 minutes on hold to get with Meade Customer
Service, and then the answer I got was "they're for adjustment".

2. I kind of figured that out on my own. Sheesh. Don't want to
screw anything up (no pun intended).

3. Thanks group.
Old December 17th 03, 01:07 PM
JAYSEEJAY

Janet, by adjusting the knurled knobs, you can adjust where in the EP's field
of view the cross hair falls. This will let you guide on a star tht is off
center, in those instances where you don't want to move the scope itself to
center the star. Hope that helps. Joe