1,259 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes, 44 seconds down ...

Old January 17th 08, 12:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default 1,259 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes, 44 seconds down ...

"robert casey" wrote in message

Supposedly the side that hasn't been yet mapped via spacecraft has a
pattern of markings that look a little like a giant "5".

This picture of that side just in:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sciencePhotos/pics/EW0108829708G.4release.jpg

No "5" there...

See! PROOF that NASA is HIDING SOMETHING.

Old January 17th 08, 04:06 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jan 16, 4:11 pm, "Scott Hedrick" wrote:
"robert casey" wrote in message

Supposedly the side that hasn't been yet mapped via spacecraft has a
pattern of markings that look a little like a giant "5".

This picture of that side just in:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sciencePhotos/pics/EW0108829708G....

No "5" there...

See! PROOF that NASA is HIDING SOMETHING.

The entire Messenger mission is simply another part of our Skull and
Bones NASA hiding as much of its Third Reich butt as possible, thus
avoiding all matters of Venus and our moon.
- Brad Guth

Old January 17th 08, 04:46 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr J R Stockton[_1_]

In sci.space.history message
, Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:05:12, OM posted:

Hmmm. No doubt I'll need to add a section on "how to killfile" when I
finally do that FAQ...:-)

If you were to look into the recommended font family for Usenet, which
is fixed-pitch, your signature might get changed to look less
ridiculous.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. replyYYWW merlyn demon co uk Turnpike 6.05.
Web URL:http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html - Timo Salmi: Usenet Q&A.
Old January 18th 08, 12:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

Do tell, why is the MESSENGER color turned off and the dynamic range
so pathetic?
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108821596M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108826105M.png
- Brad Guth

On Jan 14, 11:05 am, (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
1,158 days, 11 hours, 54 minutes, 21 seconds to go, looks like,
until Mercury orbit insertion.

I'm glad to have any new pieces of Mercury to look at. It'd
always seemed so strange, growing up, that there would be pretty nice
maps of the planets out to Saturn but Mercury they just had the same
three-eights mapped again and again.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/me...ain/index.html
is the page I'm using for the timing.

--
Joseph Nebus

Old January 18th 08, 12:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"BradGuth" wrote in message

Do tell, why is the MESSENGER color turned off and the dynamic range
so pathetic?
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108821596M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108826105M.png
- Brad Guth

Because they know you're on to them and they don't want to reveal the
top-secret translucent alien cities that are there.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!

Old January 18th 08, 01:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jan 18, 4:40 am, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message

Do tell, why is the MESSENGER color turned off and the dynamic range
so pathetic?
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108821596M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108826105M.png
- Brad Guth

Because they know you're on to them and they don't want to reveal the
top-secret translucent alien cities that are there.

Will isn't that silly as all get out. You do know exactly what I'm
driving at, but instead elect to being one of them, because this is
serious stuff.

I'm actually rather disappointed in MESSENGER.
Just little old me wondering, as to why our spendy MESSENGER color is
being intentionally turned off, and as to why their dynamic range
remains as so pathetic?
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sciencePhotos/
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...p?gallery_id=2
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108821596M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108826105M.png

Here's that one of Venus that's about as wussy pastel worth of color
and of pathetic DR as you can possibly get.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...=2&image_id=88
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...ch%20Image.jpg

Remember the Earth flyby, where our moon was kept out of frame and
otherwise either too physically dark or invisible, however the pastel
color image of Earth looked very nifty.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/the_miss...galapagos.html
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/the_miss...lapagos_lg.jpg
http://www.jhuapl.edu/newscenter/pre...005/050826.asp

- Brad Guth

Old January 18th 08, 04:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Because they know you're on to them and they don't want to reveal the
top-secret translucent alien cities that are there.

Just as the Moon has glass cities, the far hotter Mercury has mica cities.
These Mercurian Mica Metropolises are home to the the Mercurial Magma
Men, and their favorite pets, the Moody Mercury Monkeys.

Pat

Old January 19th 08, 07:22 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

After all this time, and of our hard earned loot spent, I'm actually
rather disappointed in NASA's MESSENGER. Are we ever going to see the
full scope and photographic color depth of our digital images, or as
limited as to whatever they see fit to share in B&W?

Perhaps it's just little old me deductively wondering, as to exactly
why our spendy MESSENGER color imaging potential is being
intentionally turned off or excluded from public review, and as to why
their CCD dynamic range remains as so dismal.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sciencePhotos/
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...p?gallery_id=2
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108821596M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...108826105M.png
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...26040M_45M.jpg

Thanks to our "no kid left behind" policy, as of prior to CCD camera
imaging perhaps all of 0.1% of Americans even knew of what
photographic spectrum sensitivity and the associated DR(dynamic range)
of B&W or color film even meant. Since the advent of commercial/
consumer CCD cameras and the dumbing down of America, I'd say that
fewer than 0.0001% (that's one out of a million) of our supposedly
educated population of mostly snookered and thus easily dumbfounded
village idiots have so much as a freaking clue as to what either
factor of spectrum sensitivity or much less that of what DR means. Of
course this is perfectly good news for those of our cloak and dagger
Skull and Bones, as well as for those faith-based rusemasters within
our NASA, and especially on behalf of those unfiltered Apollo Kodak
moments that somehow never managed to get any such blue saturated
images of our naked and physically dark moon like those recently
accomplished by China and Japan with their quality bandpass filtered
optics.

Here's that other one of Venus that's about as wussy/pastel worth of
color and pathetic DR as you can possibly get, and still having just
enough to call it color, especially weird since most cell phone
cameras would have taken a better color image.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...=2&image_id=88
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/...ch%20Image.jpg

Remember the Earth flyby, whereas our color spectrum corrected as a
dark-golden-brown moon was intentionally kept out of frame and
otherwise as either too physically dark or perhaps it was invisible
due to their intentionally limited DR usage, however the pastel color
and/or dynamic range limited image of Earth looked still quite nifty.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/the_miss...galapagos.html
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/the_miss...lapagos_lg.jpg
http://www.jhuapl.edu/newscenter/pre...005/050826.asp

Is this lack of color imaging because of Mercury being so gush darn
moon like, with similar crater upon crater terrain and a low amount of
albedo, but otherwise offering a deposited and local mineral rich
geology, and subsequently colorful surface as imaged by those spendy
mirror optics, whereas at least one of which having an extremely good
set of narrow bandpass filters and/or spectrum cutoff filters, and
with each of those CCD imagers having such terrific DR(dynamic range
of at the very least 4X film and that's not even including the extra
+/- skew of their CCD DR).

Perhaps MESSENGER's color imaging potential can be fixed while on the
fly, prior to returning for their full orbital mission of mapping
Mercury gets under way.