New Blog: From The Earth To The Moon

Old February 6th 05, 06:14 PM
ApolloEra

Default New Blog: From The Earth To The Moon

From The Earth To The Moon

http://apolloera.blogspot.com/

Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo. Manned Space Flight
from 1961 until 1972.

Old February 7th 05, 07:03 AM
OM

On 6 Feb 2005 10:14:31 -0800, "ApolloEra"
wrote:

From The Earth To The Moon

http://apolloera.blogspot.com/

Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo. Manned Space Flight
from 1961 until 1972.

....Anyone manage to get the WAVs on this particular link to work:
http://www.pcug.org.au/~mdinn/apollomem/quin/index.htm

....All I get is garbage, although it might be a codec issue on my end.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old February 7th 05, 07:42 AM
Peter Smith

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote...
From The Earth To The Moon

http://apolloera.blogspot.com/

Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo. Manned Space Flight
from 1961 until 1972.

...Anyone manage to get the WAVs on this particular link to work:
http://www.pcug.org.au/~mdinn/apollomem/quin/index.htm

...All I get is garbage, although it might be a codec issue on my end.

Good here. I'll give you a quick summary:

[Houston] Breaker breaker QRS QRA to the breaker. Hey there good buddy, can
you give us a comm check there break?

[Honeysuckle] No worries mate, just get cracking break

[Houston] One two three four five quindar beep

[Honeysuckle] Strewth mate, you're coming through like a Bondi tram break

[Houston] Ten four good buddy QRT

.... well, close anyway

- Peter

Old February 7th 05, 03:22 PM
OM

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 07:42:44 GMT, "Peter Smith"
wrote:

[Houston] Breaker breaker QRS QRA to the breaker. Hey there good buddy, can
you give us a comm check there break?

....Dammit, it's too early in the morning for me to have to change out
my keyboard for a dry one :-(

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old February 10th 05, 10:05 AM
Peter Smith

wrote:

[Houston] Breaker breaker QRS QRA to the breaker. Hey there good
buddy, can you give us a comm check there break?

...Dammit, it's too early in the morning for me to have to change
out my keyboard for a dry one :-(

I'm sure somebody mentioned it, but the Parkes radiotelescope (which is not
part of the Tidbinbilla/Honeysuckle* tracking complex) was the telescope
tracking the descent and landing of Huygens on Titan. Thats two worlds
that have had a first contact received at Parkes!

- Peter

* Honeysuckle was decomissioned in 1981 with its tracking antenna moved to
the Tidbinbilla site. Its last track was of Pioneer 12.
http://www.honeysucklecreek.net/index1.html