Sedna Perspectives

Old February 2nd 05, 01:55 PM
Double-A

Default Sedna Perspectives

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/sedna/

Double-A

Old February 8th 05, 09:49 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A That artist conception of the sea Goddess Sedna being green
ice could fit nicely in some of Sedna's features. Good guess Sedna is
more like a water comet. Green color for sea water and being the
reflected color of Sedna has good probability to that guess Nightbat I
do have lots of problems thinking that Sedna 8 billion miles away can be
considered as an orbiting object attached to our solar system. The sun's
gravity goes to infinity,but it gets so weak with distance that has me
have this mix thinking. "What if" Sedna could be green ice because she
has some copper. We never hear much about copper in our solar system.
Iron made Mars red,and copper made Sedna green I can live with that
Bert

Old February 8th 05, 10:58 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Double-A That artist conception of the sea Goddess Sedna being

green
ice could fit nicely in some of Sedna's features. Good guess Sedna is
more like a water comet. Green color for sea water and being the
reflected color of Sedna has good probability to that guess Nightbat

do have lots of problems thinking that Sedna 8 billion miles away can

be
considered as an orbiting object attached to our solar system.

With its highly elliptical orbit and apparently now in a close
approach, it must get a lot farther away than that. And yet it is
thought to be way inside the traditional area of the Oort cloud at out
to 12 trillion miles or so.

The sun's
gravity goes to infinity,but it gets so weak with distance that has

me
have this mix thinking. "What if" Sedna could be green ice because

she
has some copper. We never hear much about copper in our solar system.
Iron made Mars red,and copper made Sedna green I can live with that
Bert

Hi Bert,

Of course copper needs some oxygen to turn green.

Double-A

Old February 9th 05, 02:03 PM
beavith

On 8 Feb 2005 14:58:36 -0800, "Double-A" wrote:

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

actually CuO is black. what you call a green copper salt, like the
patina on the Statue of Liberty is basic copper carbonate
(Cu2(OH)2CO3).
Old February 9th 05, 02:15 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi double -A Water has one part oxygen and if there is some iron in
with the copper electrolysis can take place. Trillions of miles when
Sedna is making its curve to fall back towards the sun is to far out for
just the sun's gravitational force. Something is missing. Bert

Old February 11th 05, 05:59 PM
Benign Vanilla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Hi double -A Water has one part oxygen and if there is some iron in
with the copper electrolysis can take place. Trillions of miles when
Sedna is making its curve to fall back towards the sun is to far out for
just the sun's gravitational force. Something is missing. Bert

If Sedna is too far out to be held by the Sun's gravity, how do you explain
the oort cloud?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old February 11th 05, 08:53 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi BV That something that is missing fits well with the Oort cloud.
Lots of gravity is missing for the motions of the Mlky Way,and I'm just
bringing this missing

graviy force closer to our system. Bert

Old February 11th 05, 09:47 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi BV That something that is missing fits well with the Oort cloud.
Lots of gravity is missing for the motions of the Mlky Way,and I'm

just
bringing this missing

graviy force closer to our system. Bert

Gravity being stronger than expected at long distances fits in well
with Le Sagian gravity, and perhaps Wolterian (oc) gravity. Dark
matter might be the epicycles of General Relativity.

Double-A

Old February 12th 05, 12:54 AM
Annie Maes

Hello everyone,

Just saw a nice docu about the formation of our solar system. I haven't
puzzled it out yet but made some notes for myself. They said comets are
water and probably brought life to earth. Linear should have lots of heavy
water, but I do not understand the element heavy water. Our earth was
boiling with lava and they can not figure out where all this water should
have come from. Although in the beginning stadium of the formation of the
oceans the water would have been green with plenty of acids and toxic
gasses. The oldest rocks found are stromabolites and they contain lots of
cyanocobalomine which could transform the iron in the water to oxigen and
protects against UV radiation. Could someone straigthen this out for me?
Best regards from the other side of the world.
Ann

"Double-A" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old February 12th 05, 01:15 AM
Annie Maes

Hello again everybody,
Bert's saying that it takes less energy to fall in to our solar system than
to get out I agree with him. An undentified force in the Oort Cloud makes
comets fall into our solar system. I read may be they have found our
companion star, and so we probably live in a double star system, like there
are lots of in the universe. Talking about motions of the Milky Way, my
question is : at what speed we are going actually? If the Milky Way is
turning at a speed , and our solar system is turning at a speed, and the
earth is going at a speed. What we consider of as "no speed as we stay
seated", we are going at an immense speed through space. When I see the
motion of the Milky Way I see it as a living thing because it moves like an
ocean. The ocean forces are related to lots of things. The outer things of
the Milky Way I see it as clouds that move...
Best regards,
Ann

"Double-A" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi BV That something that is missing fits well with the Oort cloud.
Lots of gravity is missing for the motions of the Mlky Way,and I'm

just
bringing this missing

graviy force closer to our system. Bert

Gravity being stronger than expected at long distances fits in well
with Le Sagian gravity, and perhaps Wolterian (oc) gravity. Dark
matter might be the epicycles of General Relativity.

Double-A

Giant Kuiper Belt Planetoid Sedna May Have Formed Far Beyond Plut [email protected] Misc 0 January 11th 05 07:03 PM
Giant Kuiper Belt Planetoid Sedna May Have Formed Far Beyond Plut [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 January 11th 05 07:03 PM
Sedna (2003 VB12) Ron Astronomy Misc 1 March 19th 04 11:44 AM
Sedna Proves Oort Cloud? Richard Alexander Misc 0 March 16th 04 05:45 AM