Oregon Weather

Old March 11th 12, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money.

On Mar 11, 6:53*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Mar 11, 6:39*am, @Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:

I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money. Safeway employees can strike, they're unionized. They have medical, overtime pay, a pension and all that.

That's also how I've known it to be. *Those high food prices are not
because of charitable donations by Safeway, although by allowing
dumpster diving, shoplifting and handouts to street folks could easily
push their retail price up by 5%.

*http://groups.google.com/groups/search
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Safeway is tough on shoplifters. There are cameras everywhere. The
cops come in andf watch them on certain days. And then I'll see
someone in cuffs being read their rights.

Double-A

Old March 11th 12, 10:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Oregon Weather

On Mar 11, 7:50*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:16:57 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Mar 9, 6:36*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2012 6:16:17 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
On 3/8/2012 6:29 PM, Double-A wrote:

Thanks for being a loyal reader, HVAC.

You're my favorite bum.

Touching.

Sunny, light hign clouds, 56F at 3 PM PST. *Rain coming. *Wind S at 7
mph. *Humidity 53%. *There was frost last night when I was outside.
Venus is flirting with Jupiter, and Mars is overhead as the full Moon
passes by it.

Fish today for lunch. *Hmm. *Am I Catholic? *Starbucks asst mgr Ramona
gave Kim and I a whole sack full of snacks! *Tasted so good that I
almost missed the bus here to the library.

Another wonderful day here in the neighborhood!

Double-A

AA After Thursday hitting 70F today seems cold at 42F *We are missing snow and rain this winter. Where I live lots of people here use 10 speed bikes. Have you thought of getting one? My friend Stev. goes to down town North Hampton and plays and sings *Does pretty good *Mass has 6.9 unemployment *TreBert

70F??? *I thought Boston was a cold place! *People I know can't afford
a fancy bike. *The use anything can get, even a kid's bike! *Someone
left a bike at the Salvation Army donation box over night. *That was
my chance. *Too heavy to get far up hills though without pushing.
People with bikes like Andy can put their bikes on the front of
busses. *Unemployment rate in Oregon is 9%.

49F here at 2 PM PST. *Tomorrow starts PDT. *Raining. *Gearing up for
two more days of rain. *Snow possible on Thursday! *Wind SW at 5 mph.
humidity 80%.

Had clam chowder, tortilla chips, and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for
lunch out on the Starbucks verandah. *I understand the founder of
Starbucks is one of the 8 Forbes richest men in the world who live in
Seattle. *Guess that's why he can afford to give his unemployees good
benefits, unlike those who work at Safeway's franchised Starbucks who
don't get those benefits.

On of the clerks at Stafeway has been with the store over 30 years! *I
can't imagine why. *In 30 years he couldn't find a job with benefits?

Double-A

Double A Can you get a job as night watch man? Work for little money. How about a bagger at Safeways?

Baggers (courtesy clerks) and even night stockers have to be able to
really hustle at Safeway to keep their jobs. My legs and feet don't
move that fast anymore.

*Bikes are cheap at garage sales.

I think around here people mostly steal them from each other.

Hope that was Boston clam chowder.

No, it was Pacific clam chowder. What's wrong with that?

Bright Sun Will be about 48F at 2pm *Yes I added an hour. TreBert

39F here at 3:20 PM PDT (yes PDT). I was wondering why my hands were
feeling numb while waiting for the bus! One minute stormy and wet,
next minute calm with the sun peeking through. At the moment wind SW
at 10 mph. Humidity 99%. Mostly cloudy. Snow is in the forecast for
Tuesday and Wednesday. Come on, weather gods, it's almost spring!

I was glad to remember daylight savings time last night because it
meant I got to go to Starbucks an hour earlier! Had jambalaya soup
for lunch with fot jalapeno filone bread.

Tried to catch the 1:29 bus to the library, but it never came!
Settled for the 2:34 run. Will lose some of my computer time because
of the library's closing time on Sundays. Asked the driver about the
1:29 run, but he didn't give me an answere that I could understand.
He seemed to be driving like a rooky, so I left him alone. He might
have been way rearly on the 1:29 run. Bus drivers who are constantly
drinking something out of a bottle while driving the bus make me a
little nervous!

Double-A

Old March 11th 12, 11:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
@Jeff-Relf.Me

PRE
Talk to that guy who worked at Safeway for the last 30 years,
he'll tell you about the strikes and the near strikes.

Old March 12th 12, 01:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 11, 3:10*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Mar 10, 3:23*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

Safeway offers terrific benefits to those full-time employed. *What
percentage of Safeway is only part-time employed?

*http://groups.google.com/groups/search
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Everybody is part time except the store manager, I think! *And boy
have they been getting their hours cut lately! *And just wait until
Walmart opens just up the street in a couple months!

Double-A

Even part time worker at Safeway get benefits, not to mention their
job security because of having to keep supplying negative profit
clients like yourself.
Old March 12th 12, 01:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 11, 3:14*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Mar 11, 6:53*am, Brad Guth wrote:

On Mar 11, 6:39*am, @Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:

I know people who work at Safeway just for the benefits, not the money. Safeway employees can strike, they're unionized. They have medical, overtime pay, a pension and all that.

That's also how I've known it to be. *Those high food prices are not
because of charitable donations by Safeway, although by allowing
dumpster diving, shoplifting and handouts to street folks could easily
push their retail price up by 5%.

*http://groups.google.com/groups/search
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Safeway is tough on shoplifters. *There are cameras everywhere. *The
cops come in andf watch them on certain days. *And then I'll see
someone in cuffs being read their rights.

Double-A

I'm certain if they weren't tough, your friends and even you'd each be
walking out of the store each and every day with $100 worth of their
food.

Old March 12th 12, 01:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Mar 8, 4:01*pm, HVAC wrote:
[...]

Going to Boston this morning(The big Bean) Weather bright Sun shine. All this week 70F Spring has sprung Will start work on house boat soon. Checking out all the material needed,and also if I can park it on a lake??
Old March 12th 12, 04:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

Default Bert's A Tard

On 3/12/2012 9:13 AM, G=EMC^2 wrote:

Going to Boston this morning(The big Bean)

Who calls Boston the 'Big Bean'?
I was born is Boston and never heard of it.
I did a search for Boston nicknames and came up with this...
The closest was 'Beantown' which is not used by locals.

The City on a Hill came from original Massachusetts Bay Colony's
governor John Winthrop's goal to create the biblical "City on a Hill."
It also refers to the original three hills of Boston.

The Hub is a shortened form of a phrase recorded by writer Oliver
Wendell Holmes, The Hub of the Solar System.[1] This has since developed
into The Hub of the Universe.[2][3]

The Athens of America is a title given by William Tudor, co-founder of
the North American Review for Boston's great cultural and intellectual
influence.

The Puritan City nickname references the religion of the city's founders.

The Cradle of Liberty derives from Boston's role in instigating the
American Revolution.

City of Notions in the nineteenth century.[4]

America's Walking City, because Boston's compact and high density nature
has made walking an effective and popular mode of transit in the city.
In fact, it has the seventh-highest percentage of pedestrian commuters
of any city in the United States, while neighboring Cambridge is the
highest.

Beantown refers to the regional dish of baked beans. This nickname is
almost exclusively used by non-Bostonians and is rarely used by natives.
According to Boston-Online.com, back in colonial days, a favorite Boston
food was beans baked in molasses for several hours. Boston was part of
the "triangular trade" in which slaves in the Caribbean grew sugar cane
to be shipped to Boston to be made into rum to be sent to West Africa to
buy more slaves to send to the West Indies. Sailors and traders called
it "Beantown" The local residents did not refer to their city as "Beantown."

Titletown refers to Boston's historic dominance in the world of sports,
specifically the Boston Celtics, having 17 NBA Championships.

City of Champions, much like Titletown, refers to Boston's recent streak
of dominance in sports, with the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Boston
Bruins, and New England Patriots each winning World (i.e., national)
Championships in the last decade.

The Olde Towne comes from the fact that Boston is one of the oldest
cities in the United States. It is often used in reference to the Boston
Red Sox

Will start work on house boat soon.

No you won't.

Checking out all the material needed

Let's see the parts list.

and also if I can park it on a lake??

The answer is NO.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old March 12th 12, 10:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

All I ever heard was "Beantown".

Bert might be a tardion.

Double-A

Old March 12th 12, 10:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Going to Boston this morning(The big Bean) Weather bright Sun shine. All this week 70F *Spring has sprung *Will start work on house boat soon. Checking out all the material needed,and also if I can park it on a lake??

Spring is being held at bay here. Wind must have been 30 or 40 mph
this morning. Raining too: the proverbial "sideways rain"! Now 46F
at 3:16 here in Beaver Town. Wind 23mph. Humidity 79%. Cloudy skies
and raining.

The threat of snow loams in the forecast for Wednesday like the 800
pound gorilla in the room! Forecast for Tuesday night is 23F, so yes,
it might stick!

Hope you get that barrel boat in the water soon, Bert, and occupy that
lake with your sleeping bag and fishing pole!

Double-A

Old March 13th 12, 06:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Monday, March 12, 2012 6:25:28 PM UTC-4, Double-A wrote:
Going to Boston this morning(The big Bean) Weather bright Sun shine. All this week 70F *Spring has sprung *Will start work on house boat soon. Checking out all the material needed,and also if I can park it on a lake??

Spring is being held at bay here. Wind must have been 30 or 40 mph
this morning. Raining too: the proverbial "sideways rain"! Now 46F
at 3:16 here in Beaver Town. Wind 23mph. Humidity 79%. Cloudy skies
and raining.

The threat of snow loams in the forecast for Wednesday like the 800
pound gorilla in the room! Forecast for Tuesday night is 23F, so yes,
it might stick!

Hope you get that barrel boat in the water soon, Bert, and occupy that
lake with your sleeping bag and fishing pole!

Double-A

House boat roof slides open to view the stars. Fake styro logs insulates well.Want to keep it light,strong and unsinkable. Lake is policed by fire department,and they are very nice. Its 75F and wearing shorts. TreBert PS Saw Poke county Fl sheriff Grady Judd on CNN. He was talking about GOPers having sex with children.He knows all about raping children TreBert

All Peaceful in Oregon HVAC[_2_] Misc 2 February 7th 11 04:47 PM
Looking for Oregon meteorites [email protected] Astronomy Misc 11 October 2nd 08 02:51 AM
Where do I go to see in Oregon? Adam Hunt Amateur Astronomy 10 April 15th 06 02:13 AM
Jihad Comes to Oregon? Double-A Misc 0 November 12th 05 08:16 PM
Medford, Oregon why why why Steve Bennett Misc 4 October 31st 03 06:37 AM