Inverse Square Law

Old January 2nd 04, 03:35 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Inverse Square Law

Well using GR gravity is just the geometry of spacetime. Gravity's force
varies as the inverse square of the distance between two objects. The
reason is there are 3 dimensions of space. We can think along the
lines that the 3 dimensions of space dilute the force of gravity by the
exact amount predicted by the inverse square law. How about gravity in
the sub-micro level? Can the strength of gravity be seen to show it
obey's the inverse square law in very tiny distances? Should we switch
to quantum gravity theory going into the sub-microscopic level? Bert

Old January 3rd 04, 10:33 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Just to add this thought. How can we be sure the 2.6 million sun masses
of our galaxy core with such a strong gravity field weakens by the
inverse square law? I don't think it does. I don't think gravity obeys
the inverse square law in the sub-micro realm. Well they say laws are
made to be broken. Bert

Old January 4th 04, 12:44 AM
OG

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Just to add this thought. How can we be sure the 2.6 million sun masses
of our galaxy core with such a strong gravity field weakens by the
inverse square law? I don't think it does. I don't think gravity obeys
the inverse square law in the sub-micro realm. Well they say laws are
made to be broken. Bert

Is there any evidence to the contrary?

Old January 4th 04, 10:22 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , OG
writes

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Just to add this thought. How can we be sure the 2.6 million sun masses
of our galaxy core with such a strong gravity field weakens by the
inverse square law? I don't think it does. I don't think gravity obeys
the inverse square law in the sub-micro realm. Well they say laws are
made to be broken. Bert

Is there any evidence to the contrary?

There have been numerous studies, but nothing has shown up yet. It's
irrelevant anyway, because the black hole at the centre of our galaxy is
hardly "in the sub-micro realm". Its properties have been studied
carefully by watching the motion of stars orbiting it, and nothing
unusual is seen.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10
Old January 4th 04, 01:03 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

OG Its not some of my weird thinking,but very hypothetical Witten does
not think gravity obeys the inverse square law in the micro realm,and
I'm using his thoughts into the macro realm when the source of gravity
is so very strong such as cores of spiral galaxies. I have been thinking
ways to add gravity that is missing without looking for dark matter.
Bert

Calculating CO - to square or not to square? Mark Elkington Amateur Astronomy 23 May 6th 04 12:54 PM
Bechtel Nevada: Control of the World's Largest Nuclear Weapons Facilities * Astronomy Misc 0 May 2nd 04 05:29 PM
The square root of 2 Rick Sobie Astronomy Misc 85 February 15th 04 05:42 PM
antenna Gil Teva SETI 0 January 13th 04 06:09 AM
Solar System Foci the97fan Misc 25 December 9th 03 07:10 AM