ISS & STS118 Pass

Old August 9th 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Andy G

Default ISS & STS118 Pass

I've just watched as they both graced our skies here in Cambridgeshire,
stunning!

Hope some of you guys had your cameras pointing sky wards, let us know if
you got any good pics.

Clear Skies

Andy

--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society

Old August 10th 07, 12:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
paulus

"Andy G" wrote in message
I've just watched as they both graced our skies here in Cambridgeshire,
stunning!

Hope some of you guys had your cameras pointing sky wards, let us know if
you got any good pics.

Clear Skies

Andy

--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society
Director & Resident Astronomer StarDome,
Director Anglo-Australian Astronomy Education Partnership

Yes, excellent!.

It's the first time I have seen the Shuttle.

I was out in the garden last night and just happened to see ISS pass over.
So this evening I realised that the Shuttle must be closing in on ISS so I
checked the times and there it was.

I don't suppose that it happens too often that we see the Shuttle in the
chase. We are lucky that it happened whilst we are in an excellent window of
visibility. Just a shame they weren't a bit closer to each other.

They'll be docked by the time we get tomorrows passes.

Paulus

Old August 10th 07, 12:34 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul L Money

Hi Andy and the group,

I've just watched as they both graced our skies here in Cambridgeshire,
stunning!

Hope some of you guys had your cameras pointing sky wards, let us know if
you got any good pics.

Clear Skies

Andy

Had a great view with several family scattered across a 5 mile radius
all alerted and saw them come over.

Have just uploaded to my 'recent images gallery' a flash animation of
the 4 images of the ISS then 3 images of the Shuttle passing over. Canon
300d & 18mm lens, ISO 800 and 30 seconds at F3.5

http://www.astrospace.co.uk/gallery/...nt-images.html

Enjoy!

Regards

Paul M
--
For my web site - Astrospace go to http://www.astrospace.co.uk
For Astro holidays that are outathis world go visit the following:
Old August 10th 07, 09:34 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
MichaelJP

"paulus" wrote in message

"Andy G" wrote in message
[...]

First time I've ever seen them together - definitely unusual as there are
only a few days in the mission when the shuttle is not docked, and of course
these have to coincide with suitable viewing opportunities as we're right on
the maximum latitude the orbit crosses. Oh *and* clear skies of course.

Things nearly spoiled by a big cloud but thankfully it was the only one.

I guess the docked ISS/shuttle pair will be even brighter if visible
tonight?

- Michael (Yorkshire, UK)

Old August 10th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Andy G

Default ISS & STS118 Pass IMAGES

great stuff, my friend actually managed to image the ISS with it's solar
panels showing etc which he sent me 2 mins after my first post to the group.
They are great pics. Just put them on one of my web sites, have a peek:
http://www.collectspace.co.uk/iss%20pass.htm

Glad you got time to take the images Paul I like the trail.

I don't get time to do any astro-photography at all nor that much observing
these days as I am too busy but glad you guys do.

Great pics

Thanks

Andy

--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society
Director & Resident Astronomer StarDome,
Director Anglo-Australian Astronomy Education Partnership

"Paul L Money" wrote in message
news
Hi Andy and the group,

Old August 10th 07, 10:37 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Steve Pearce

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:45:22 GMT, "Andy G"
wrote:

I've just watched as they both graced our skies here in Cambridgeshire,
stunning!

At about 22:25 I thought I'd just check HeavensAbove if the
ISS/Shuttle would be visible and couldn't believe my luck. My first
shuttle sighting too.
Old August 10th 07, 01:00 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
MichaelJP

"Andy G" wrote in message
great stuff, my friend actually managed to image the ISS with it's solar
panels showing etc which he sent me 2 mins after my first post to the
group. They are great pics. Just put them on one of my web sites, have a
peek: http://www.collectspace.co.uk/iss%20pass.htm

Glad you got time to take the images Paul I like the trail.

I don't get time to do any astro-photography at all nor that much
observing these days as I am too busy but glad you guys do.

Great pics

Thanks

Andy

Those ISS/shuttle images are great - how were they taken as it moves across
the sky pretty fast!

- Michael

Old August 10th 07, 01:27 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Andy G

They were taken by my friend Dave Eagle,

I will try and find out for you. They are un-processed too!

Cheers

Old August 10th 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul L Money

In article , Andy G
writes
http://www.collectspace.co.uk/iss%20pass.htm

Cheers

Andy

Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society
Director & Resident Astronomer StarDome,
Director Anglo-Australian Astronomy Education Partnership

Absolutely stunning - didn't know you knew Dave - must e-mail him and
say how impressed I am. Considering how he did it I might have a go
myself.

Best wishes

Paul

ISS visible pass w9gb History 4 June 20th 07 03:43 PM
ISS visible pass w9gb Space Station 0 June 13th 07 05:59 AM
Pass Le Cafe ~ ! *** TenKBabe Misc 0 November 4th 05 12:33 AM
No Account Pass Friday SETI 4 July 10th 04 08:44 PM
ISS pass last night Martin Frey UK Astronomy 11 May 26th 04 02:16 AM