..Simple Palestinian Rockets Set Middle East on Fire!

Old July 15th 06, 12:00 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick[_1_]

Default ..Simple Palestinian Rockets Set Middle East on Fire!

"jonathan" wrote in message

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"jonathan" wrote:

snipped drivel

This **** is off topic here - take it elsewhere.

Is that an order? Should I snap to attention
and shout back....sir yes sir?

Yes, then scrub the deck with a toothbrush.

Old July 15th 06, 02:20 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
jonathan

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Mike Rhino wrote:

Missiles are sort of on-topic. The Palestinians haven't reached space

yet,
but if their missiles keep getting bigger, who knows.

They flew a drone loaded with explosives into an Israeli naval vessel
today causing heavy damage.
The thing was apparently one of these:
http://www.defensetech.org/images/Mersad-1.jpg
Called a "Mirsad-1" and built in Iran. It is supposed to carry a 50 kg
explosive load.

I was wondering how they hit that ship. Just as I'm typing this CNN reported
that Israel said it was an Iranian missile not a drone. But I don't see how
they
could hit that ship with an unguided missile.

Ya know, nothing scares Israel more than these little Palestinian rockets.
It only takes a handful of random shots a week to completely disrupt
daily life in most of their cities. Iran remembers what Saddam did
to them in their 'war of the cities', where Iranian cities were
devastated by scuds.

I think Iran wants to use Hezbollah to take over Lebanon.
The Iranians have us by the balls, if we mess with them directly
Iran can use an oil embargo to drive oil prices through the roof.
They might do it anyways.

It's the start of a new cold war I'm afraid. With nuclear weapons
replaced by threats of an 'energy winter'.

The Jihadists have opened a second front against Israel and
losing this means losing the war of terror.

Jonathan

Pat

Old July 15th 06, 02:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:00:22 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Is that an order? Should I snap to attention
and shout back....sir yes sir?

Yes, then scrub the deck with a toothbrush.

....And then *use* that toothbrush to remove the dog hairs from his
teeth.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old July 15th 06, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
jonathan

"jonathan" wrote:

snipped drivel

This **** is off topic here - take it elsewhere.

Is that an order? Should I snap to attention
and shout back....sir yes sir?

Yes, then scrub the deck with a toothbrush.

If he was an officer he'd get fragged for sure.

Old July 15th 06, 05:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Lowther

jonathan wrote:

I think Iran wants to use Hezbollah to take over Lebanon.
The Iranians have us by the balls, if we mess with them directly
Iran can use an oil embargo to drive oil prices through the roof.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Oil prices get too high, we finally
start hanging from the lamp posts those the environmentalists that
prevented nuclear power.

Then we take their life savings and invest it in TDP, grow our own
petroleum, and say "screw off' to the oil-producing nations.

--
-------
Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy free health care and 100 percent literacy. - John Derbyshire
Old July 15th 06, 07:31 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Scott Lowther wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Oil prices get too high, we
finally start hanging from the lamp posts those the environmentalists
that prevented nuclear power.

Then we take their life savings and invest it in TDP, grow our own
petroleum, and say "screw off' to the oil-producing nations.

I don't know if nuclear is the way to go, but we've got to figure out
some way to get largely energy independent, as this **** is going to get
worse and worse as time goes on.

Pat
Old July 15th 06, 08:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Pat Flannery wrote:
Scott Lowther wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Oil prices get too high, we
finally start hanging from the lamp posts those the environmentalists
that prevented nuclear power.

Then we take their life savings and invest it in TDP, grow our own
petroleum, and say "screw off' to the oil-producing nations.

I don't know if nuclear is the way to go, but we've got to figure out
some way to get largely energy independent, as this **** is going to get
worse and worse as time goes on.

Sure, we need to ban these model rocket builders, and invite them to
participate in our space colonization program using real honest to
goodness hydrogen rockets.

The energy problem is easily solved : condensed matter physics.

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/SOLAR/I...NCE/irrad.html

Conventional monocrystalline panels use a impurity driven donor
acceptor technology, but other creative approaches are allowed by
physics. The primary problem is the availability of platinum group
metals. My contribution is thus :

http://www.lifeform.org/bion.htm

I've also looked closely at the high energy crystal defect model too.

You may now return to posting text messages on the usenet with your
desktop supercomputer, and watching idiotic TV programs on your 100
million transistor handheld video communicator.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org

Old July 15th 06, 10:21 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Mike Rhino[_1_]

"Scott Lowther" wrote in message
jonathan wrote:

I think Iran wants to use Hezbollah to take over Lebanon.
The Iranians have us by the balls, if we mess with them directly
Iran can use an oil embargo to drive oil prices through the roof.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Oil prices get too high, we finally
start hanging from the lamp posts those the environmentalists that
prevented nuclear power.

30 years ago, people were hoping that hydrogen fusion would save us. Is
that likely to pan out any time soon? How much money is spent on
researching it these days?

Old July 15th 06, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Mike Rhino wrote:

30 years ago, people were hoping that hydrogen fusion would save us. Is
that likely to pan out any time soon?

Sure, the sun is still burning fine as far as I can determine.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org?p=139

How much money is spent on
researching it these days?

On condensed matter physics solutions for converting ~GeV fusion energy
delivered to the Earth in the form of ~eV optical energy, into ~meV
electrical energy?

Not enough, apparently.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org

Old July 16th 06, 01:37 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

They flew a drone loaded with explosives into an Israeli naval vessel
today causing heavy damage.
The thing was apparently one of these:
http://www.defensetech.org/images/Mersad-1.jpg
Called a "Mirsad-1" and built in Iran. It is supposed to carry a 50 kg
explosive load.

Now the Israelis are stating that it was a radar-guided Iranian C-802
missile, which is either a Iranian version of a Chinese missile, or a
Chinese missiles sold to Iran:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/m.../row/c-802.htm
the shore-launched antiship version uses a small turbojet for propulsion.

Pat