...This is How Far Nasa has Fallen.....Even I can't believe this....

Old May 9th 07, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
kT

Default ...This is How Far Nasa has Fallen.....Even I can't believe this....

eyeball wrote:

Nasa has become nothing more than a rich kids toy.

What will NASA do when the surrender monkeys win the election?

Start protecting the Earth again?

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
Old May 9th 07, 09:12 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
eyeball

On May 9, 3:26 pm, kT wrote:
eyeball wrote:
Nasa has become nothing more than a rich kids toy.

What will NASA do when the surrender monkeys win the election?

Start protecting the Earth again?
From Space Invaders©?

Old May 10th 07, 02:47 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
Revision

"I can't believe.." etc is a crutch remark used by people who don't have
the facts or ability to form an argument.

This post reveals nothing new. Anyone who studied the prospect of a
manned mission to Mars already knew (in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and
rediscovered here in the 90s) that the mission would require a daunting
commitment to achieve, and that the political will to try a Mars mission
was not there, not even close, really.

Old May 10th 07, 02:56 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
George[_1_]

"El Guapo" wrote in message
"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Jonathan" wrote in message

George W; So dad, tell me, what was your biggest regret
during your four years in office, except of course
for that ya know "read my...ah... except for that?

George Sr; Except for 'that' of course, I really wanted to go
back to the future, ah, back to the moon and
then on to Mars. Been dreaming about it since I
was fifty. But we couldn't get the money
...damn that Rudman.

George W; Hell, I'll just tell em to scrap everything and dust
off your 'ol dream daddy, we'll go back to the ah
....where was than again?

George Sr; ....the moon son (rolling his eyes)

George W; ya ya the moon, consider it my Christmas gift dad!

George Sr; Thanks son

President Bush announces new space inititive

"First, for the coming decade, for the 1990s, Space Station
Freedom, our critical next step in all our space endeavors.
And next, for the next century, back to the Moon, back
to the future, and this time, back to stay. And then a
journey into tomorrow, a journey to another planet, a
manned mission to Mars..."

-- President George Bush, July 21st 1989

"When President Bush announced a new Space Exploration
Initiative in 1989, NASA launched a 90-day study to pull
together its current thinking on creation of a lunar base
as a prelude and testbed for expeditions to Mars.
The resulting project would cost $300 billion and
take 20 years to place an 8 crew base at Lacus Veris.
Even space enthusiasts were underwhelmed
and the concept sank out of sight."
http://www.astronautix.com/craft/luntpost.htm

Nasa has become nothing more than a rich kids toy.

Fact: It takes a lot of money to venture into space. Are you
suggesting that they take the money from of the Welfare budget? But
hey, they spent 300 billion dollars for the first two years of the war
in Iraq. And what do they have to show for it besides a lot of dead
bosies?

Oh, I don't know, George... democracy in the middle east, perhaps? Not
that I'm convinced that we have the will to see it through for long
enough to sustain it, but we'll see.

Democracy? These people are living a Mad Max nightmare. You call that
democracy?

George

Old May 10th 07, 03:40 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 9, 3:54 am, "George" wrote:
"Jonathan" wrote in message

[...]

Taking inflation into account, they've recently blown more than a
trillion on Iraq alone, over 700,000 dead and there's still no end in
sight. If we keep this ruse going, we'll soon enough outperform
Hitler, except in exterminating Muslims instead of Jews. (seems
perfectly fair enough by your standards, doen't it.)

BTW China can do space at less than 10 cents on our badly inflated
dollar, and why the hell shouldn't they.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 10th 07, 03:45 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 9, 8:47 am, "El Guapo" wrote:
"Jonathan" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not a big fan of the back to the moon initiative, but honestly, is it
any worse than flying around the earth in circles, over and over and over
again?

At least this is meant to serve as a step towards going somewhere
interesting. You can debate the merits of the plan in scientific terms, but
the goal is a good one compared to what we were doing before.

Personally I think this should be the golden age of unmanned exploration,
and that we should sending out probes and satellites in every direction in
large numbers. We should be hard at work on something truly wonderful &
revolutionary, such as a gravitational lense telescope. Not only would
projects like that increase our knowledge of the solar system and universe
exponentially, they would probably provide just as much useful information
for manned planetory exploration as going back to the moon.

You're 100+% more right than you think. Too bad anyone that
controlles the strings doesn't give a tinkers damn.

Wouldn't you like to know why?
-
Brad Guth

Old May 10th 07, 03:49 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 9, 8:56 am, kT wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if the universe was expanding, and all the objects
were receding from each other? What we need is more emptyness! Darkness!

That forever expanding thing is simply another Old Testament ruse,
much like having walked on the moon is a whole lot more Third Reich
Jewish hocus-pocus worthy than you might care to believe, but it's
true.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 10th 07, 03:53 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 9, 6:47 pm, "Revision" wrote:
"I can't believe.." etc is a crutch remark used by people who don't have
the facts or ability to form an argument.

This post reveals nothing new. Anyone who studied the prospect of a
manned mission to Mars already knew (in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and
rediscovered here in the 90s) that the mission would require a daunting
commitment to achieve, and that the political will to try a Mars mission
was not there, not even close, really.

We can't even manage to fly-by-rocket land and walk safely upon an
earthshine illuminated moon. Go figure.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 10th 07, 04:03 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
Fred J. McCall

Eric Chomko wrote:

:
:The fallacy of democracy in the Middle East is that we suck up to the
:monarchy in Saudi Arabia rather than shun it. But since we are slaves
:to oil, here we are.
:
:Ever watch Cheney when he greets a member of the Saudi royal family?
:It's enough to make you sick.
:

Eric is a firm believer in the policy that we should treat our enemies
better than we treat our friends...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old May 10th 07, 10:37 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology
Pat Flannery

Jonathan wrote:

"First, for the coming decade, for the 1990s, Space Station
Freedom, our critical next step in all our space endeavors.
And next, for the next century, back to the Moon, back
to the future, and this time, back to stay. And then a
journey into tomorrow, a journey to another planet, a
manned mission to Mars..."

Don't forget Agnew's Mars program way before that.

Pat