Telephone engineer heard during Apollo EVA

Old March 14th 04, 10:34 AM
Dave Downing

Default Telephone engineer heard during Apollo EVA

Hi all,

I have a sound file I downloaded a couple of years ago of a Spanish
telephone engineer who was heard saying "hello, hello" then singing
during one of the EVSs. The commentator explained that he had been
"isolated, electronically that is!". I can't remember where I got it
from and my googling has found nothing. I have a feeling it was during
Apollo 15 can I am prepared to be corrected on that one. Can anyone here
remember the incident and provide a pointer to where I could read more
about it. I have most of the Apogee Mission Reports CDs, so it must be
in there somewhere, but I am hoping that someone can narrow my search
please.

Thanks in advance.

--
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
| Dave Downing, Somerset U.K. |
Old March 14th 04, 02:46 PM
Neil Gerace

"Dave Downing" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a sound file I downloaded a couple of years ago of a Spanish
telephone engineer who was heard saying "hello, hello" then singing
during one of the EVSs.

"To talk to Mission Control, press 1."

Old March 14th 04, 02:48 PM
Roverpick

It was during Apollo 16.

J.L. Pickering

Old March 18th 04, 02:47 AM
Roverpick

I believe the telephone engineer was heard during the trip out to the Moon....I
am guessing 4/17 or 4/18 of 1972.

J.L. Pickering
Old March 19th 04, 10:18 AM
Dave Downing

Roverpick wrote:
I believe the telephone engineer was heard during the trip out to the Moon....I
am guessing 4/17 or 4/18 of 1972.

J.L. Pickering

If it is any help, I have posted the sound file to some of my web space.

http://www.aoxh92.dsl.pipex.com/space_thing.mp3

It sounds to me like it was during one of the moonwalks. I am slowly
making my way through the Apogee Apollo 16 CD moonwalk videos. It's a
lot to watch, but fun nonetheless.

--
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
| Dave Downing, Somerset U.K. |
Old March 28th 04, 04:32 PM
David Lesher

Dave Downing writes:

Hi all,

I have a sound file I downloaded a couple of years ago of a Spanish
telephone engineer who was heard saying "hello, hello" then singing
during one of the EVSs. The commentator explained that he had been
"isolated, electronically that is!".

At least during early US flights, Bell had a "no touch" policy.
Techs would stop working on any major circuit at critical times.
This in case the circuit they THOUGHT they were working was in fact
one of NASA's.

Ma had to build considerable facilities to support NASA; I recall
one major route from KSC to Houston.

--
A host is a host from coast to