Summertime Once More in Gresham

Old July 27th 18, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

Sunny here in Gresham. I slight bit cooler until Sunday when we challenge 100F mark. Now 82F as of 1:15 PM. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 35%. Another gorge forest fire has popped up near Hood River! There are other fires in southern Oregon. In northern California the city of Redding is on fire! When the wind shifts to the south on Sunday, we should start smelling the smoke from those fires here!

The moon is in full eclipse today, but we can't see it from here.

Double-A

Old July 27th 18, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:57:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Summer at last! Felt more like summer yesterday, however. Reached 90F. But today is overcast and cooler. Only 68F now as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 61%. Not expected to get above 74F.

There was thunder and lighting over where Kim lives this morning! A couple of houses were hit by trees, and a power pole was hit by lightning! Lots of people lost there electric power. But pretty calm over here on the east side.

The blood sucking Draculamobile is in the parking lot outside again today. They have a table here in the lobby to sign victims up!

Double-A

Old July 27th 18, 09:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:26:15 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny here in Gresham. I slight bit cooler until Sunday when we challenge 100F mark. Now 82F as of 1:15 PM. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 35%. Another gorge forest fire has popped up near Hood River! There are other fires in southern Oregon. In northern California the city of Redding is on fire! When the wind shifts to the south on Sunday, we should start smelling the smoke from those fires here!

The moon is in full eclipse today, but we can't see it from here.

Double-A

Full moon here and saw it when the Sun was out.It looked the size of a dime Sun the size about 3 times bigger.Still their gravity can lift Earth's water 4 feet in their direction WOW that is a lot of weight.Who said gravity's force of pull was weak.Bert
Old July 28th 18, 10:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:45:08 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:26:15 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny here in Gresham. I slight bit cooler until Sunday when we challenge 100F mark. Now 82F as of 1:15 PM. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 35%. Another gorge forest fire has popped up near Hood River! There are other fires in southern Oregon. In northern California the city of Redding is on fire! When the wind shifts to the south on Sunday, we should start smelling the smoke from those fires here!

The moon is in full eclipse today, but we can't see it from here.

Double-A

Full moon here and saw it when the Sun was out.It looked the size of a dime Sun the size about 3 times bigger.Still their gravity can lift Earth's water 4 feet in their direction WOW that is a lot of weight.Who said gravity's force of pull was weak.Bert

Sunny and 83F here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM. Wind west at 4 mph. Humidity 36%. A fire rages just south of The Dalles Oregon. The worst fire seems to be in Redding, CA. I remember my wife and I spending a nice comfortable high in Redding one time at a nice motel.

Facebook stock crashed by 19% on Thursday, and Twitter stock plummeted by 21% on Friday over privacy abuses, dwindling numbers of users, and declining revenues! CBSs stock has also dropped as CEO Les Moonves becomes the latest man of prominence to have dropped his pants!

The moved the Farmers market today, and I had to get all hot and sweaty getting to where it now is before it closed! Got beats and romaine lettuce.

Double-A

Old July 30th 18, 06:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 2:24:47 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Sandy and I went for a swim at the Halladay pool.We were the only one in it We sipped white ice wine.Its been hot as hell. We did some heavy shopping,and parted early.When your 90 the heat can make you very tired. Do not see any birds flying.To hot and dry.See a bee type green bug everywhere.I wish I had a net.Bert
Old July 30th 18, 06:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 10:07:22 AM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Sandy is back? For how long? Hot here too! I just stayed home yesterday, rather than go out in the heat. My backyard thermometer had hit 100F by 5 PM! But it never got above 77F inside my apartment. I have an electric fan and that helps. Also drinking Steel Reserve 211 beer poured over lots of ice cubes helped a lot! I still see birds around my backyard, and always the squirrels. Hot weather that goes on too long makes me feel in a daze, as though every day someone is hitting me in the head!

Came to the library early today. Currently 75F as of 10:30 PM. Wind west at 3 mph. Humidity 55%. Some marine air moving in. Also there is some smoke in the air. Hope that has some cooling effect. I heard that the Redding smoke has reduced the temperature there by 15 degrees! Looks like the northern half of California is on fire? Is Jerry Brown fiddling?

Double-A

Old July 31st 18, 09:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Currently sunny and 80F as of 1:30 PM. We are finally into a cooling trend.. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 44%. Still some smoke in the air. Don't know if that's what's causing my watering eyes and runny nose. If it reaches 90F today, it will tie a record here of ten days in a row over 90F!

Renewed my Trimet HOP card bus pass for another month. A customer ahead of me dilly dallied around over a bunch of trivial matters, so I missed the next bus. So I walked all the way to the Transit Center, and beyond that to the PGE office to pay my electric bill. That sun sure felt a lot hotter than 80F! It about did me in by the time I got there! But I survived.
PGE has filed to mail me an electric statement two times now in the last 3 months! So I have to go into their office to pay it, to be sure the lights stay on.

Double-A

Old August 1st 18, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:57:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Summer at last! Felt more like summer yesterday, however. Reached 90F. But today is overcast and cooler. Only 68F now as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 61%. Not expected to get above 74F.

There was thunder and lighting over where Kim lives this morning! A couple of houses were hit by trees, and a power pole was hit by lightning! Lots of people lost there electric power. But pretty calm over here on the east side.

The blood sucking Draculamobile is in the parking lot outside again today.. They have a table here in the lobby to sign victims up!

Double-A

AA that smoke in your eyes is from fires burning in North Calif. Hot everyday and not a cloud.Only big green bugs flying. Drink Bud and stay out of the Sun.Buying all cotton shorts and shirts.This weather needs no weather man.It does not change.The only storms are fire storms.Bert

Old August 2nd 18, 08:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:37:03 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply, Bert. At least it lets me know you are there.

Currently overcast here in Gresham. A much cooler 65F as of 12 noon. We did tie the record of 10 days in a row over 90F! Wind west at only 2 mph. Humidity 65%. Looks like cool weather the next few days.

Double-A

Gresham in Springtime Double-A[_4_] Misc 151 June 22nd 18 06:29 PM
Winter in Gresham Double-A[_4_] Misc 157 April 1st 18 12:18 AM
Fall in Gresham Hägar Misc 208 January 9th 18 11:29 PM
Summer in Gresham Double-A[_4_] Misc 165 September 30th 17 09:33 PM
Summer in Gresham hanson Misc 0 August 31st 17 02:10 AM