global warming hoax

Old November 22nd 09, 06:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default global warming hoax

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:28:36 -0800, spud wrote:

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong.

You said it, not me.

All I'll say is that you are wasting bandwidth on a science forum,
someplace you have no business posting.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 22nd 09, 06:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
L.A.T.[_3_]

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

Of the hundreds of journals discussing Global Warming, Climate Change and
the like, not one predicted, or even hinted at, the global economic
meltdown. Not one!
Obviously they are not to be taken seriously.

Old November 22nd 09, 07:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

Sam:

I have a great deal of respect for you and your method of discussion.
I have read each of these when you posted them in an earlier
discussion. I do not disregard the assurtions.

I am not saying AGW is not true, but neither am I a BELIEVER. I
viciously object to scientists prostituting themselves and there staff
for muliti-million dollar grants and promise of hitchiking fame on the
coattails on the likeness of the high priest AlGore.

The money granted to gov't agencies, universities and think-tanks to
apparently promote an AGW is billions. There is a vested interest in
this agenda!

Here's an example. Several years ago I read NASA press releases that
indicated measured warming on Neptune, Uranus, Mars and even Pluto.
Most long term readers of saa remember this. I simply cannot find
them online anywhere, any-search anyway anymore. They have evaporated
into the ether. Why is that?

Additionally I have had many enviro' truly friends in my professional
lifetime. I have had fine professional people to my home for dinner,
wine and converstaion. Many have flatfooted, eye to eye lied to me
about research, about models, about conclusions, about objecives.

Enviromentalism is a multibillion dollar international industry. It
is no different than Phillip Morris. Yes, I mean it. They will do
what they have to to keep the money flowing and chicken little crisis
is the easiest way to generate millions. It's all about the money.

I remain skeptical, like my science profs taught me to be.

Steve
Oregon

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:33:18 GMT, Sam Wormley
wrote:

spud wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:45:57 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:58:30 -0800, spud wrote:

No warming for the next 10 years:
I expect you'll be proven quite wrong. The evidence to the contrary is
pretty overwhelming.

Arguing with those who don't believe we are currently experiencing a
long term global warming trend, largely human produced, is like arguing
with Oriel. Pointless, because they selectively filter the evidence to
support their ideology.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Oh briillant one...

So you willingly disregard the same gov't priests that are paid to
promote global warming if they don't write what you believe. That's
damn convenient. No requirement to be objective if you are a true
believer, eh?

But I'm not a CalTech alum and indoctrinated in uh, the believers
group think scientific methods. You know, fitting data to comply with
the agenda (er, uh theory?), and actually conspiring to stifle
opposing models.
http://features.csmonitor.com/enviro...t-in-a-teapot/

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong.

You know, your usual cowardly retort.

Steve
Oregon

Hey Steve, You'll just love these!
See: http://www.hfranzen.org/Global_Warming.pdf

Recent changes in a remote Arctic lake are unique within the past 200,000 years
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/10/16/0907094106

Yarrow Axforda,1, Jason P. Brinerb, Colin A. Cookec, Donna R. Francisd, Neal Micheluttie,
Gifford H. Millera,f, John P. Smole, Elizabeth K. Thomasb, Cheryl R. Wilsone and Alexander
P. Wolfec

Abstract

The Arctic is currently undergoing dramatic environmental transformations, but it remains
largely unknown how these changes compare with long-term natural variability. Here we
present a lake sediment sequence from the Canadian Arctic that records warm periods of the
past 200,000 years, including the 20th century. This record provides a perspective on
recent changes in the Arctic and predates by approximately 80,000 years the oldest
stratigraphically intact ice core recovered from the Greenland Ice Sheet. The early
Holocene and the warmest part of the Last Interglacial (Marine Isotope Stage or MIS 5e)
were the only periods of the past 200,000 years with summer temperatures comparable to or
exceeding today's at this site. Paleoecological and geochemical data indicate that the
past three interglacial periods were characterized by similar trajectories in temperature,
lake biology, and lakewater pH, all of which tracked orbitally-driven solar insolation. In
recent decades, however, the study site has deviated from this recurring natural pattern
and has entered an environmental regime that is unique within the past 200 millennia.

Arctic Sediments Show That 20th Century Warming Is Unlike Natural Variation
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1023163513.htm

"There are periods of time reflected in this sediment core that demonstrate that the
climate was as warm as today," said Briner, "but that was due to natural causes, having to
do with well-understood patterns of the Earth's orbit around the sun. The whole ecosystem
has now shifted and the ecosystem we see during just the last few decades is different
from those seen during any of the past warm intervals."

APS rejects plea to alter stance on climate change
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/40916

The American Physical Society (APS) has "overwhelmingly rejected" a proposal from a group
of 160 physicists to alter its official position on climate change. The physicists, who
include the Nobel laureate Ivar Giaver, wanted the APS to modify its stance to reflect
their own doubts about the human contribution to global warming. The APS turned down the
request on the recommendations of a six-person committee chaired by atomic physicist
Daniel Kleppner from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The committee was set up by APS president Cherry Murray in July, when the society received
the proposal for changing its statement, which had originally been drawn up in November
2007. It has spent the last four months carrying out what the APS calls "a serious review
of existing compilations of scientific research" and took soundings from its members. "We
recommended not accepting the proposal," Kleppner told physicsworld.com. "The [APS]
council almost unanimously decided to go with that."

Different positions

The official APS position on climate change says that "emissions of greenhouse gases from
human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate" and
adds that there is "incontrovertible" evidence that global warming is occurring. The APS
also wants reductions in greenhouse-gas emissions to start immediately. "If no mitigating
actions are taken," it says, "significant disruptions in the Earth's physical and
ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur."

More, see: http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/40916

Old November 22nd 09, 07:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:39:15 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:28:36 -0800, spud wrote:

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong.

You said it, not me.

All I'll say is that you are wasting bandwidth on a science forum,
someplace you have no business posting.
_______________________________________________ __

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Did you work on the Mars Climate Orbiter by chance?

Steve
Oregon
Old November 22nd 09, 07:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:28:36 -0800, spud wrote:

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong.

You said it, not me.

All I'll say is that you are wasting bandwidth on a science forum,
someplace you have no business posting.
_______________________________________________ __

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

I also said it was a cowardly retort. Which you proved yet again.

Steve
Oregon
Old November 22nd 09, 07:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Woos

"spud" wrote in message
[...]

So how come the cabal publishes data that doesn't neatly fit the agenda? In
fact, the very data you cite here is produced by those you claim are
untrustworthy! I am not claiming that science as it is practiced is totally
pure, but dishonesty on the level you seem to accept as fact is, I think,
for most folks simply incredible. Your statement that "It's all about the
money." is not in the same ball park as your "I remain skeptical", and you
are kidding yourself if you think that your hypothesis isn't right up there
with the UFO stuff.

Dennis

Old November 22nd 09, 07:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Nov 22, 12:00*am, "David Staup" wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk science
and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and advocated
by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

These guys here cannot explain the annual cyclical temperature
variations which requires the understanding of only two dynamics and
the specifics of each motion - the constant rotation of Earth allied
with the specific orbital way the planet orbits the Sun.The old
explanation which dumps everything on to variable 'tilt' no longer
serves the purpose in an era that needs a clear distinction between
global climate background and the hemispherical weather patterns that
occur against the background and the two major components are overall
distance from the Sun and the changing relationship between daily
rotational and orbital dynamics.

If astronomers existed,none of this particularly awful conclusion
which turns carbon dioxide into a global temperature dial to the
exclusion of all else would have happened
Old November 22nd 09, 07:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:21:55 -0500, "Dennis Woos"
wrote:

So how come the cabal publishes data that doesn't neatly fit the agenda? In
fact, the very data you cite here is produced by those you claim are
untrustworthy! I am not claiming that science as it is practiced is totally
pure, but dishonesty on the level you seem to accept as fact is, I think,
for most folks simply incredible. Your statement that "It's all about the
money." is not in the same ball park as your "I remain skeptical", and you
are kidding yourself if you think that your hypothesis isn't right up there
with the UFO stuff.

Dennis

Well, read the articles yourself Dennis, find THIER own explanation to
the inconsistencies. Are the explaiantions science based or need for
funding?

It's reminds me of the stories we know of Tycho Brahe. Damn the data!

Steve
Oregon
Old November 22nd 09, 08:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
TBerk

On Nov 21, 3:00*pm, "David Staup" wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk science
and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and advocated
by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

I would say this:

Despite my not having run the numbers personally myself I find the
lack of understanding how destructive the Human Race can be is
disturbing.

We seem to be on a course to wreck the only place we have to live, all
for Quarterly Growth and Trade Balances in our favor, whomsoever
anyone determines 'us' to be.

Life is beautiful. But Power can corrupt and our own inherent Will to
Survive needs a self check lest we get to the point of disaster. If we
don't deal with ourselves, we'll get dealt with. I don't think anyone
here on the planet wants to get 'dealt with'.

Now, we can play Cain and Able while Rome Burns and rearrange those
deck chairs as long as the band plays, but if you think things are bad
now- well lets just keep on going the way we seem to be headed and see
what happens. OK?

berk
Old November 22nd 09, 08:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thad Floryan

On 11/21/2009 10:39 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
[...]
On USENET, I'm not seeing any credible arguments against global
warming... and I'm not seeing any credible arguments against the
warming being driven by CO2 liberated from the burning of fossil
fuels and cement production.
[...]

You might want to expand your "view" to include the 1000s of known
active under-sea and under-ice volcanos.

These are being found in the eastern Pacific basic (over 1,600 just
a short bit off the coast of Peru), under the North Pole, under the
South Pole, under Greenland, and many, many other places by ESA's
satellites and many countries' research vessels and submarines. One
correspondent at the ESA wrote he was amazed to see volcanic fires
through miles of clear ice at the South Pole in their sat's imagery.

Think what happens to a pot of ice placed on a kitchen stove after
the stove's burner is turned on -- it melts.

And volcanos emit a LOT of CO2 (among other things).