ASTRO: NGC7535

Old May 18th 08, 05:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: NGC7535

I'd taken the luminosity on this guy two years ago. I remembered (or
thought I did) taking color data the following year. I couldn't find
it. So figured I was wrong. But with nothing to image here for weeks
at a time thanks to clouds I've been going back to early data taken in
moonlight that I can now process. In one such folder of an ARP galaxy I
found the color data for this object I'd taken last year after all.
Just badly misfiled. Though I quickly found it was also taken in
moonlight. With it I found new luminosity data as well. It too was in
moonlight. But at 80 minutes instead of 30 I decided to use it as it
went a bit deeper even with the moonlight.

It's obvious this needs a dark night as there is a red HII glow through
the entire image. There's a nice dark nebula at the upper right but it
barely shows due to the moonlight. The blue frames were really hit hard
by the moon. When I subtracted out the moon I lost so much blue the
nebula was very rosy red rather than the more proper HII pink color. So
I added back a bit of the red and green channel into the blue. So this
is pseudo color at best but at least it isn't the deep red I had
originally. The green seems to have made it a bit orange. Oh well --
there's always next year. With HII as well. At least it was something
to process.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=8x10' RGB=2x10', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC7538L8X10RGB2X10r.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	1926
Old May 23rd 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick, very nice picture of NGC 7538. Colour looks good in spite of the
"fixed" blue frame.

Stefan