"Farewell, Beagle 2"

Old December 20th 03, 09:50 PM
Henry Spencer

Default "Farewell, Beagle 2"

ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |
Old December 21st 03, 01:01 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Henry Spencer
writes
ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.

Good Grief! (A highly appropriate expression, I feel !)
When you put "farewell" I thought they'd lost their small dog.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10
Old December 22nd 03, 03:56 AM
Hop David

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:
In message , Henry Spencer
writes

ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.

Good Grief! (A highly appropriate expression, I feel !)
When you put "farewell" I thought they'd lost their small dog.

Hopefully this Beagle will safely reach terra firma (or should I say
ares firma?) after his dance with the Red Baron.

I'm be eagerly awaiting Christmas morning.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old December 22nd 03, 11:32 AM
Pat Flannery

Hop David wrote:

Hopefully this Beagle will safely reach terra firma (or should I say
ares firma?) after his dance with the Red Baron.

I'm be eagerly awaiting Christmas morning.

Hopefully you don't get to hear those live sounds from the Martian Polar
Cap that go "w-h-i-i-z-z-z-k-e-e-r-r-B-O-O-M!"
It would by really fun to see them pull this off.

Pat

Old January 24th 04, 06:47 PM
Robert Miller

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message , Henry Spencer
writes
ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.

Good Grief! (A highly appropriate expression, I feel !)
When you put "farewell" I thought they'd lost their small dog.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10

Yes! and to what power:-)

Old December 21st 03, 03:48 AM
G.Beat

"Henry Spencer" wrote in message
ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |

The mission manager for Beagle 2 is Dr. Mark Sims of the University of
Leicester
http://www.beagle2.com/resources/contact.htm

I met Dr. Sims (next seat) on a transatlantic flight this September -
best 9 hour plan flight that I have ever had !

G. Beat

Old December 21st 03, 05:31 AM
Scott Hedrick

"G.Beat" wrote in message

The mission manager for Beagle 2 is Dr. Mark Sims of the University of
Leicester
http://www.beagle2.com/resources/contact.htm

I met Dr. Sims (next seat) on a transatlantic flight this September -
best 9 hour plan flight that I have ever had !

It pays to pay attention

I happened to be standing near some of the investigators for the Hubble
Telescope when it launched, but I hadn't done my homework. We chatted about
lots of *other* things, but it wasn't until I got home and saw the news
where the folks were identified. The t-shirt with "high-speed photometer"
wasn't enough of a clue :P

Sure was pretty, though. The launch, not the goofy-looking guy with the
t-shirt.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

Old December 21st 03, 09:24 AM
OM

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:48:27 GMT, "G.Beat"
wrote:

I met Dr. Sims (next seat) on a transatlantic flight this September -
best 9 hour plan flight that I have ever had !

....You. Lucky. *******.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 21st 03, 09:25 PM
G.Beat

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
wrote:

I met Dr. Sims (next seat) on a transatlantic flight this September -
best 9 hour plan flight that I have ever had !

...You. Lucky. *******.

OM

That is exactly what I thought - the dead giveaway was 30 minutes into the
flight the
pulled out his laptop - and brought up notes from the space conference in
New Mexico
he had just attended (and changed planes in Chicago).

Of course, I was reading Tom Clancy's latest novel, "The Teeth of the
Tiger" - which I put down.

An interesting way to spend Christmas ... at Beagle 2 Mission Control
(finding out if you received presents or a lump of coal)

gb

Old December 21st 03, 09:24 AM
OM

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:50:05 GMT, (Henry Spencer)
wrote:

ESA doesn't seem to have issued an update press release for this:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMSSY274OD_index_1.html has the
picture Mars Express shot of Beagle 2 after separation.

....Yeah, but I give it two months before some dip**** claims that ME
shot a flying saucer instead.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr

Colin Pilinger to head inquiry into what went wrong with Beagle... Tom Merkle Policy 4 February 1st 04 01:58 AM
hope for Beagle 2 ? Simon Laub Science 7 January 19th 04 12:24 AM
Beagle 2 assistance Martin Milan Science 6 December 30th 03 04:50 PM
Beagle 2 landing sequence - how? Abdul Ahad Technology 2 December 10th 03 12:55 PM