Saturn - Better Seeing and Darker

Old March 12th 07, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

Default Saturn - Better Seeing and Darker

Sunday, 11 Mar offered some fantastic seeing, rare for Northern VA. I
endeavored to image Saturn with my newly acquired Takahashi TOA 130, 5x
barlow and a ToUcam Pro II webcam. Attached find a test run from a group of
images I was able to capture before high clouds stole the night. Image is a
stack of 760/1000 frames. Stack program was K3CCDTools and I finished up
with Photoshop CS2.

Scott

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saturn-6_2a.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	520  Click image for larger version

Name:	saturn-5_1aa.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	521
Old March 12th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

reconair wrote:

Sunday, 11 Mar offered some fantastic seeing, rare for Northern VA. I
endeavored to image Saturn with my newly acquired Takahashi TOA 130, 5x
barlow and a ToUcam Pro II webcam. Attached find a test run from a group of
images I was able to capture before high clouds stole the night. Image is a
stack of 760/1000 frames. Stack program was K3CCDTools and I finished up
with Photoshop CS2.

Scott

Great improvement!

Good Saturn shots have always eluded me. Good seeing is rare here this
year. It was excellent before the observatory went in. The Seeing gods
must not like me. Only nights of good seeing here are accompanied by
haze, thin clouds or smoke from Canadian fires it seems. They seem to
settle down the seeing but reduce contrast and transparency. Must be a
corollary to the Heisenberg Principle.

Rick

Old March 14th 07, 03:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
adm

"reconair" wrote in message
Sunday, 11 Mar offered some fantastic seeing, rare for Northern VA. I
endeavored to image Saturn with my newly acquired Takahashi TOA 130, 5x
barlow and a ToUcam Pro II webcam. Attached find a test run from a group
of
images I was able to capture before high clouds stole the night. Image is
stack of 760/1000 frames. Stack program was K3CCDTools and I finished up
with Photoshop CS2.

Scott

Nice shots,

Here's one of mine from last night in the UK. Seeing was OK but not great.

Taken with Meade LX200 10", 2x Barlow, Toucam ProII. Also used K3CCDTools
for capture, but finished with Registax.

Cheers,

Alasdair

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version