Using a Digital SLR with an ETX

Old September 19th 06, 11:11 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Steven Gill

Default Using a Digital SLR with an ETX

Hi

Could anyone please point me in the right direction i.e websites or
information, about using a digital SLR with a Meade ETX. I have a Meade ETX
125 and a Canon EOS 350D digital SLR camera.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Old September 19th 06, 11:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message , Steven Gill
writes
Hi

Could anyone please point me in the right direction i.e websites or
information, about using a digital SLR with a Meade ETX. I have a Meade ETX
125 and a Canon EOS 350D digital SLR camera.

I've found Mike Weasner's site useful
http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html
Old September 20th 06, 12:35 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Lilian Hobbs

Steven,

My ETX book available talks about photography using the ETX available from
Telescope House.

The problems you have to concern yourself with are the weight of the camera
and the angle of the image becuase you could hit the base. Due to the nature
of the drive you can't really use it for deep-sky but you can do some good
planetary stuff. You might want to look at a webcam which is very light but
of course needs a PC.

Hope this helps,
Lilian Hobbs