Binoculars

Old January 31st 05, 04:47 PM
sammy

Default Binoculars

I'm looking to spend $100 on a pair of binoculars. Does anyone have a
favorite brand. Assuming you use binoculars often.

Old January 31st 05, 07:34 PM
Florian

I'm looking to spend $100 on a pair of binoculars.

$100 is pretty tight for good quality astro binoculars. But=20
bigbinoculars.com has a 8x56 and 11x56 for $99. I'd go=20
with the 11x56 myself.

-Florian

Old January 31st 05, 09:54 PM
Banjo

I found a nice pair of 7x50s at edmund scientific.

-Banjo

oups.com...

Old January 31st 05, 10:01 PM
SaberScorpX

sammy wrote:
I'm looking to spend $100 on a pair of binoculars. Does anyone have

favorite brand. Assuming you use binoculars often.

Orion's WA Scenix series (8x40s, 7x, 10x, and 12x50s) are all $99 or
less.

Old January 31st 05, 10:38 PM
Nostromo

sammy wrote:
I'm looking to spend $100 on a pair of binoculars. Does anyone have a
favorite brand. Assuming you use binoculars often.

I've got a pair of Barska Blackhawk 15x70 for 64.95$ plus shipping on:

http://thehuntersmall.com/

They're amazing for astronomy and I'm very happy with them. There's even
a good review about them on cloudynights:

http://www.cloudynights.com/breviews/barka.htm
Old February 1st 05, 03:39 PM
shneor

Burgess (burgessoptical.com) has a nice pair of Series I 15x70s for
$99. He star tests each pair. The optics on these are fully
multicoated.

Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman

Old February 1st 05, 08:33 PM
sammy

Nostromo
Thanks for the info and review article. I bought the Barska w/Tripod

Old February 2nd 05, 02:27 AM
starman

sammy wrote:

I'm looking to spend $100 on a pair of binoculars. Does anyone have a
favorite brand. Assuming you use binoculars often.

Bausch and Lomb 10x50 'Legacy' model.