Green Laser Nonsense - Astronerds

Old January 18th 05, 04:14 PM
Dawn Baird-Chleborad

Default Green Laser Nonsense - Astronerds

Yep, I just had to do it.....

For the record, I have been annoyed by green lasers (mostly when my hubby
wields it ;-) and the daggnabbit things are TOOLS *not* toys but I have to
say that the whole mounting hysteria is really getting to me so my response
is....

www.astronerds.com (click on the green laser hysteria banner, you can't miss
it)

(if you want it for your club's newsletter -yes, still free- click he
http://www.astronerds.com/download.html )

Dawn

Old January 18th 05, 06:07 PM
Mark

I share your annoyance with the hysteria, but like this store a lot
better -

http://www.cafepress.com/nglpa

A much wider variety of clothing ;-)

Old January 18th 05, 07:10 PM
Dawn Baird-Chleborad

If you are looking for more variety you can always scroll down on
www.astronerds.com and see a heck of a lot more to sate your astronomy gear
appetite. ;-)

--
Dawn Baird-Chleborad
www.wodenoptics.com

ups.com...

Old January 18th 05, 07:29 PM
Mark

love the comics! well done

Old January 18th 05, 07:42 PM
Florian

For the record, I have been annoyed by green lasers (mostly when my =
hubby
wields it ;-) and the daggnabbit things are TOOLS *not* toys

Frankly, i do think of my GLP more as a toy than a tool. I've used=20
it a couple times to point things out to my wife and son. But most=20
of the time it's just fun to shine it on trees a half mile away and=20
see the green dot. Or to shine it on a refective sign over a mile=20
away and see a very bright reflection. Please note, i'm very careful=20
where i aim it... never at a person, or a car, or *gasp* an airplane.
And i would never us it in the presence of other stargazers who were
observing and/or imaging.

-Florian

Old January 18th 05, 08:42 PM
Dawn Baird-Chleborad

Okay, okay, you just play much more responsibly with yours. Definitely
something I can live with. :-)

Dawn Baird-Chleborad
www.wodenoptics.com
www.astronerds.com

Old January 20th 05, 06:55 AM
Warm Nights

well, all discussion about it has been shut off by our club president pending a
hi level investigation of the intrals of an ostrich! He posted our club has
formed
a policy at the last meeting - news to all who were there! - but wont state the
policy or answer any questions. Several resignations from the club are now
pending over this Facist attitude - well the dropouts were pending anyway
due to accumulated frustrations in our club. The Green Laser hysteria has put
it over the top.

Our club sits on the approach line to an airport! Club members refuse to put
their light sabers away!

I hope to hell we survive this BS and I have a place to observe in peace this
summer. Thats all I care about .... astronomy ....... not laser toys.

Magdela