The Moon, LSE-CM/ISS, Venus and beyond, with He3 to burn

Old January 16th 05, 10:48 PM
Brad Guth

Default The Moon, LSE-CM/ISS, Venus and beyond, with He3 to burn

As it turns out, I'm not the one and only village idiot that's thinking
we should have been accomplishing something constructive about our
moon.

http://www.space.com/businesstechnol..._020923-2.html
Lunar gateway; "Spudis said that buried within NASA is a progressive
plan for placing humans back onto the Moon. NASA Exploration Team
(NExT) members at the Johnson Space Center, he said, have scripted a
breakthrough strategy."

http://www.ssi.org/body_research_update.html
"Can we discover a path that allows us to defend the Earth, as we must
do, against asteroid and comet impacts and allows us to provide
unlimited clean energy to improve our quality of life and the
environment of our planet and also allows us to settle the solar system
and begin our exploration of the rest of the universe?"

http://www.gg.caltech.edu/~mwl/publi...lications2.htm
THE INTERPLANETARY SUPERHIGHWAY; "Lunar L1 is an ideal and logical next
step for extended human presence in space beyond LEO (Low Earth Orbit).
To first order, from energy considerations, it requires only a .V of
3150 m/s to reach LL1 from a 200 km parking orbit around Earth."

This "Cal tech" site has certainly become absolutely chuck full of
proper notions associated with our moon, or at least the gravity
thereof, of what's possible to obtain in the way of achieving
short-term as well as long-term goals based upon utilizing the moon and
of its' LL1 as a gateway. This is ongoing in spite of what I've been
arguing for five years and counting that the moon needs to be fully
utilized for itself as well as per accomplishing absolutely terrific
Earth science and future moon pillaging as well as for our going to
other planets with sufficient fuel and necessary physical shielding
that can be efficiently accommodated from what the moon has to offer.

Unfortunately, before we go about obtaining any pot of lunar gold
(He3), take notice how there's still an absolute void of specific
information as to the lunar surface environment, even as to the
physical aspects of incoming space debris, and of whatever primary plus
lunar secondary contributed radiation is on behalf of impacting the LL1
zone remains as somewhat nondisclosure/taboo, as well as per the simple
knowledge of ice-melt in space (no liquid phase), and of the daunting
task and thereby knowledge base as to deploying whatever onto the moon
from any given altitude is oddly obscure if not entirely illusive, as
seemingly this gravity influence of acceleration without any
significant atmosphere as based solely upon a lunar 1r influence being
1.623 m/s/s simply hasn't been given the most basic worth of
physics-101, especially as to what such an unobstructed gravity
potential can otherwise accomplish on behalf of terraforming the moon
into sustaining an atmosphere.

Clearly my LSE-CM/ISS (Lunar Space Elevator) topic that I've been
posting ideas and questions upon for more than 4 years, and of the most
recent notions and arguments of our relocating ISS into the ME-L1 (LL1)
zone for somewhat safe-keeping, as in station-keeping on behalf of
mostly robotic intentions of establishing the one and only LSE, this
can't remain all that top-secret. Then as for creating our initial
tethered lunar LSE that's to secure our first outpost gateway/depot
that may eventually become the essential core of the Cal Tech
interplanetary superhighway as clearly being on the great minds of
smart folks that I believe are capable of seeing the imperative needs
as for going beyond their mere trajectory boosted benefits of lunar
gravity, by way of subsequently establishing a permanent moon-based
infrastructure (most likely deep underground), and then of the fully
operational LSE-CM/ISS that can't be far behind.

Residing deep underground is a multitasking assignment, as for the
necessary radiation shielding is only a fairly minor aspect (unless the
ground itself is excessively radioactive), since 3 meters affords 10
tonnes/m2 between yourself and whatever's radiating the moon is
certainly good enough. However, physically shielding yourself and
instruments from relatively slight impacts arriving at 30+km/s will
likely require 100+ meters of solid basalt, that is if there's to be a
reasonable margin of structural integrity should a 100 kg worth of
something decide to join your lunar abode, or even from a displaced
secondary shard could be worth an array of 10+ meter impressions
depending on secondary trajectories that'll have nearly the fullest
average of 1.6 m/s/s as to accelerating upon their return to the
surface, thus it doesn't require all that great of impact
bounced/deflected item obtaining sufficient altitude in order to impose
a significant death sentence to whomever's not well shielded by
sufficient mass.

Of somewhat greater velocity afforded by the likes of speedy meteors
having a potential closing speed of advance that can exceed 100 km/s
may involve a rather nasty depth of several km as clearly recorded of
relatively small craters. Doing the KE=.5MV2 formula, and considering
the insignificant atmosphere as to moderate, much less deflect
anything, chances of surviving the surface are not all that terrific
unless there's a great deal of structural integrity situated between
yourself and of whatever is being gathered by the moon.

Even the basalt/silica LSE tether(s) will need to be redundant
(multiple tethers) so that at any given time it'll be unlikely that
more than one tether element will be severed and/or damaged by what's
bound to come along sooner or later, not to mention that little pesky
factor of human error.

Fortunately, there's no shortage of easily available process energy at
ME-L1(LL1), as solar influx energy is ample, especially upon employing
large surface deployed sterling thermal conversions, as in how many
megawatts do you want?. Spare energy is stored effectively within
counter-rotating flywheels that'll operate as being interactively
maintained within nearly the exact nullification point, thus near-zero
gravity and otherwise the least amount of friction insures unlimited
capacity and somewhat extremely efficient energy holding capability
that should not lose more than 0.0001% per year, unless ceramic
bearings are frequently needed as to backup the magnetic bearings. In
other words, storing each terawatt of energy should not lose but a
megawatt per year.

I'm talking big, as in if need be megatonnes worth of flywheel mass,
although whatever size, mass and even shape are almost nonissues, as
are the indications of extracting terawatts from the tether dipole
configuration that's sustaining a large service platform to within
50,000 km of Earth (closer if need be) that's hosting a dozen or so 100
GW laser cannons for transferring such energy to dozens of potential
Earth receiving stations established around the world, as this isn't
without reasonable expectations of achieving the goal of delivering
clean energy to Earth. The beam lethal aspects of somewhat serious
consequence no-fly zones that are continually on the move may be the
only drawback, as otherwise the star-wars potential and NEO defense
aspects are certainly suggesting positive alternatives.

We've been informed for decades of the likely existence of He3 (helium
3) that's supposedly just sitting within the lunar surface, mostly
within the first meter or so of piled high accumulations and/or at most
into the first few meters of solid lunar basalt that simply needs to be
robotically processed on location, robotically transported up to the
LSE-CM/ISS for final packaging and deployment back to Earth, everything
transpiring efficiently within the slight gravity of the moon, as well
as the free energy aspects of gravity and careful timing of package
release so that a given sphere of composite basalt arrives safely onto
Earth (ocean drop zone), as there's really no need of any guidance
systems or even parachute deployments if each containment sphere that's
accommodating processed He3 is that of a robust basalt fiber composite
that'll take the reentry heat and survive the efficient splash-down
format of delivery. As plan-B, the tether dipole element trailing
towards mother Earth could act as a fly-by-wire sort of sphere
guidance, so that if need be the final release point being 50,000 km
isn't leaving all that much error.

Of course, there's much other value as to terraforming the moon into
sustaining an atmosphere. Bombarding the lunar surface with whatever is
going to vaporise lunar basalt by a factor of perhaps 1e6:1, as it
seems this isn't all that complicated nor energy consuming if the lunar
basalt itself were being utilized. Robotically extracting chunks of
basalt that would be transported up the LSE tether, whereas at any
given point deployed by a slight push or perhaps having dual basalt
chunks of equal mass that could push-away against each other, thus
imposing zero influence upon the tether. Whereas the resulting fall
back to the moon (due to nearly zero orbital velocity) would impact at
such absolutely terrific final velocity and subsequently vaporise into
the moon, creating relatively massive crater displacements far to
either side of the LSE installation.

Terraforming the moon by using it's own substance and the free-fall
aspects of vaporising the raw elements of basalt into becoming the bulk
of artificial atmosphere which is too heavy to being extracted by the
solar heat and 30 km/s headwinds, or even drawn away by the 600 km/s
solar winds is what make this task potentially so doable. Of released
sodium and lighter atoms are what's going to leave the lunar
environment, and not so much of the O2 and heavier elements. Because of
the solar thermal influx, our moon atmosphere will never become another
Titan, but possibly as great as .027 bar is obtainable if it's laced
with a good amount of CO2/Rn.

As to why I'm even receiving any flak about this notion is beyond good
reason, as for nearly five years I've been receiving the usual
mainstream topic and author bashings as orchestrated efforts by the
status quo cops that are still sucking up to their NASA/Apollo ruse of
the century, and that's no lie.

With your help, what I'll need to accomplish is another overall edit
and/or replacement of what has been internet published, then another go
at promoting this research and discoveries (especially about Venus)
that'll need to become addressed by others unless the mainstream is
willing to risk another 9/11. That's not an idle threat, it's a matter
of fact that if honest folks are not given fair credit and their ideas
a balanced opportunity as to being shared on behalf of benefiting
humanity, the only alternative for the resident the Skull and Bones
cultism is to wag their dogs to death, by inventing whatever WMD or
other perpetrated cold-war crapolla they think the snookered humanity
of mostly Americans and our usually dumbfounded allies will accept.
Last few times it seems to have involved the likes of TWA flight-800,
the shuttle COLUMBIA and of course 9/11, plus all of those stealth WMD
that only our insane resident warlord and of his global energy sucking
partners in crimes against humanity could see, and to think, their fat
lady hasn't even stepped on stage to sing.

I'm never certain if I've gone over the edge, as obviously others in
office have accomplished their dastardly cold-war deeds as well active
war-crimes for profit, whereas my efforts have been somewhat lacking in
collateral damage, and way short of the sorts of carnage upon the
innocent. In several ways I've been proposing the most bang for the
buck/euro, in other ways I'm suggesting the notions of investing a
trillion close to home, upon the LSE-CM/ISS in exchange for the
trillions worth of pillaging our moon for all it's worth, and of
thereby sustaining Earth while efficiently getting whatever and/or
whomever to/from the lunar surface, of also accommodating fairly large
numbers of folks within the relative sanctuary of the CM/ISS abode
that's offering 1e6 m3 worth of usable interior. Then obviously much
like Cal Tech without all the spit and polish, I'm accommodating the
various interplanetary aspects on behalf of communications and
robotics, eventually manned missions that folks can actually survive,
and secondly by way of establishing those few deep underground lunar
habitats within hollow rilles or geode pockets as biological safe-house
environments, essential should any future expedition manage to return
from the likes of Mars or Venus while biologically hosting entirely new
DNA/RNA spores and microbes that need not be tested upon Earth.

Unfortunately, it'll take pages if not volumes addressing all the
positive aspects of what our moon is good for, whereas one page is
perhaps more than enough to outline the negative aspects.

If all of this moon or LSE thinking is too much information to deal
with, as such I do have an ongoing list that's continually building
upon somewhat less complex notions, many of which need to be polished
into a few of those spendy NOVA class infomercials having the sorts of
star-wars 3D animation and custom surround-sound embellishments that'll
knock socks off. For every topic I'll be suggesting upon what's
possible, as it seems I have loads of questions that require your
feedback and hopeful contributions as to resolving a few issues. So,
please help yourself to whatever suits your interest and expertise, as
there's lots more to come.

Sorry about this wordy entro. If need be I'll repost as an abbreviated
entro topic of "The Moon, LSE-CM/ISS, Venus and beyond, w/He3 to burn".

Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm

Old January 17th 05, 11:01 PM
Nick Hull

OK, how do we burn He3 to produce something useful like electricity?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Old January 18th 05, 01:45 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
oups.com...
As it turns out, I'm

the one and only village idiot

who confused Mars with Venus.

Old January 18th 05, 02:00 AM
Brad Guth

I'd hardly call your question "one worthless statement" as offered by
Lord OM.

GOOGLE has unlimited storage capacity, thus quoting an entire topic
post is going to exactly bust their bandwidth.

Actually I'm not the fusion expert here, probably OM is, as that fool
is an expert on absolutely everything under the sun, that is as long as
it supports his cold-war love affair with anything NASA/Apollo.

Going for a search of "he3 fusion" or just include FUSION HE3 or FUSION
HELIUM-3 or just about any combination and you'll get an absolute brain
overload.

If need be, I'll do a few other searches and return with posting more
of those links. Actually several of those He3 related links will even
have the NASA stamp of approval.

http://www.nuenergy.org/alt/helium.htm
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...m3_000630.html
http://www.asi.org/adb/02/09/he3-intro.html
http://fusedweb.pppl.gov/CPEP/Chart_...Reactions.html
Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS

Old January 18th 05, 04:54 AM
Fred J. McCall

Nick Hull wrote:

:OK, how do we burn He3 to produce something useful like electricity?

Aneutronic fusion reaction.

Please don't top-post.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old January 18th 05, 08:23 PM
Brad Guth

Besides Helium-3(He3) and the somewhat complex fusion application
that's perhaps best intended for accomplishing this on Earth, although
eventually such clean energy may include future space expeditions and
certainly upon the moon itself as fueled along by way of processing
this extracted He3 as obtained from lunar basalt that'll yield a
surplus of O2 in the process.

Speaking a bit further of somewhat more conventional lunar energy
that's for local usage; There's the nifty prospect of raw nuclear
elements having been suggested as roughly twice the available density
as here on Earth. Then supposedly the moon offers a massive thermal
core that really isn't recessed all that many km below the surface, as
another perfectly fine source of geological energy that's apparently
worth 830=B0C. And of course, there is the tera joules worth of energy
differential between Earth and the moon, plus a good amount of solar
flux passing through the LSE-CM/ISS dipole element that should become
worth another energy extraction that could represent terawatts that'll
have to be stored and re-distributed from fairly massive
counter-rotating flywheels as situated about the primary tether. The
ME-L1 zone of essentially zero gravity and damn near zero friction is
absolutely ideal for such massive flywheels and their multi-terawatt
core motor/generator.

I'm still speculating upon the 4~5 terawatts of continuous lunar
recession energy, that which any sufficiently smart physics wizard
should be able to tap into, with no harm done.

There's also the viable alternative of somewhat harsh surface
environment and radiation tolerant sterling thermal energy conversions,
whereas STERLING ENGINES as based upon utilizing hydrogen(H2) as their
internal thermal transfer medium are capable of extracting 700 usable
watts/m2 (maximum thermal dynamic efficiency being 59%). However,
taking everything into account should equate to capitalizing upon 500
watt/m2.

If that 500 w/m2 doesn't sound like all that much; consider there's
none of those 'not-in-my-backyard' folks, no GreenPeace anywhere in
sight, no spotted owls nor old-growth forest to save or wetlands to
avoid, thus somewhat massive areas of auto-tracking mylar reflectors
can efficiently focus their 1.4 km/m2 worth of solar influx as raw
energy onto the sterling hydrogen boiler(s), and using the relatively
cool moon itself as the all-essential thermal heat-exchanger, if not
taking advantage of the shaded areas of craters that should become
worth -200=B0F.

From a 1e6 m2 mylar reflector farm represents 500 megawatts as long as

the sun is up (I believe that represents 27.5 days worth per
installation, two or three such installations about the globe or
perhaps just one polar site is good for continuous energy). However, a
larger hydrogen boiler (thermal receiver) and taking the fullest
advantage of lots more geothermal cooling might suggest reaching 700
megawatts per 1e6 m2 farm. Keeping in mind, it should not require more
than 10 kw/soul as to accommodating each individual on the moon, or
rather as safely situated deep (100+ meters) into the moon where it's
actually not all that nasty to begin with.

My LM-1 (600t Lunar Metro Bus) is a good example of using locally
processed basalt fibers as offering a sufficient composite for insuring
the safety of a dozen brave souls, while depleting less than 25
kw/individual and hauling a serious butt load of h2o2/c12h26 for the
IRRCE that's essentially powering everything along at good speed and
sufficient range as to circumnavigate the moon (not all that complex
once you realize the moon isn't that far around, and your EPA mileage
isn't entirely in the toilet while you're managing perhaps 15 km/hr,
twice that once a path has been established).
Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS

Old January 19th 05, 12:43 AM
Brad Guth

Instead of accomplishing anything on behalf of our moon, for all of one
red-cent or even a mill on the dollar/euro, we could just go all-out
for Titan.

Of course this will work; Applied technology of a sufficient spacecraft
and reusable shuttle method of getting our team(s) to/from the likes of
the Titan surface should be entirely doable. All that's needed besides
another trillion bucks/euros plus another spendy decade of R&D plus
whatever travel time is a nifty way of launching sufficient shielding
on behalf of those damn fools, protecting them from the sorts of
multi-year space travel related radiation that robotics manage to
survive because, such robots do not involve the likes of DNA/RNA that
keeps us ticking.

At least the Titan environment might be easily defended by way of
fairly conventional EVA titansuits (much like our moonsuits), with the
rather major exception/advantage of their titansuit internal
environment that's already having to manage the 1000 BTUs/hr of a
fairly active biological source of energy, as that of their not having
to deal with any nasty radiated influx of 1.4 kw/m2 plus another good
amount of reflected IR derived off the basalt dark surface as was
supposedly the case for our moon, and fortunately there certainly isn't
much of any unexpected pulverising going down on Titan, nor is there
hardly a millirem worth of radiation per day. Just lots of available
fuel and possibly something geothermal available as for processing upon
obtaining the all essential element of O2 that'll sustain whomever and
hopefully get whatever shuttle/lander back off Titan.

At the very least they'll need to create the likes of h2o2 which should
remain quite safe as remaining nicely frozen solid, or otherwise plan
upon an extended stay until all options are eliminated and they each
die on the spot (perhaps as eventually sinking into a frozen tar pit).

Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm

Old January 21st 05, 06:48 PM
Brad Guth

I've added to my "Terraforming the moon, before doing Mars or Venus"
topic, something about Titan and our DEEP IMPACT mission that makes
perfect sense on behalf of terraforming our moon.

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...=smart&p=1/165
or

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ab8054a3d20bc4

Titan,
"Radar images revealed dark patches which could indicate liquid methane
or ethane."

Rivers and lakes of LNG?

All that's needed is a little spare energy, and the bulk of that LNG
becomes hydrogen.

-

As I've previously mentioned, if ISS were relocated and tethered to the
moon could accoumplish a great deal of lunar impacting without further
polluting mother Earth to another fairlywell.

If you still can't grasp this concept, perhaps you simply need to inform
the rest of us village idiots why you think and/or know for a fact that
our moon is so insurmountable, and so apparently worthless to humanity
as well as to future science and astronomy.

Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/update-242.htm

Old January 24th 05, 04:58 AM
Garuda

"If you still can't grasp this concept, perhaps you simply need to
inform
the rest of us village idiots why you think and/or know for a fact that
our moon is so insurmountable, and so apparently worthless to humanity
as well as to future science and astronomy."

Besides the minor things like tidal forces and weather patterns being
affected by large scale mining and such on the moon there is another
important factor to consider why we should not mess with the moon at
all. That is the Earth's axis of rotation. Our little planet happens
to have an extremely rare and useful axis of rotation which is
stabilized be the large mass of our planet's moon. Most planets don't
have a moon as massive in relation to the planet as ours does.

The axis of rotation is important for things like the North and South
poles staying frozen and minor things like the four seasons. In short,
if we tamper with our moon we are directly tampering with our planets
biosphere. If enough damage is done the axis of rotation would shift
and both ice caps would become tropical regions while the equatorial
regions became arctic. Obviously, there would be extremely horrible
side effects to such an event happening.

Simultaneously, our moon is very important to us as it helps maintain
our biosphere. We should protect it from all sorts of privatization
and explotaition because it is vitally important to the survival of the
human species.

Old January 24th 05, 05:25 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Garuda" wrote in message
ups.com...
Besides the minor things like tidal forces and weather patterns being

affected by large scale mining

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa!

Clearly, you have no clue as to just how big the moon is, and just how
little material it would be possible to mine.

and such on the moon there is another
Our little planet happens
to have an extremely rare and useful axis of rotation

Which has changed over time, *even with the presence of the moon*. It's
changing *right now*.

Most planets don't
have a moon as massive in relation to the planet as ours does.

But some do- at least Pluto does, and it's moon is far larger in proportion.

We should protect it from all sorts of privatization
and explotaition because it is vitally important to the survival of the
human species.

You're already doomed, because of the exploitation that has already occured
on Earth. Crawl under a rock and die.