9-frame PST mosaic 2006-09-11

Old September 11th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default 9-frame PST mosaic 2006-09-11

Hi all,

Here's a 9-frame solar mosaic made using images delivered by a
Coronado PST and captured by a Lumenera SKYnyx camera. PST frames
aren't particulalry well suited to this kind of image construction as
they tend to come with a sweet-spot and gradient bands across them.
The processing isn't perfect but it's a lot better than my previous
attempts...

http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...tated_1024.jpg

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old September 11th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Gareth Slee

Pete Lawrence wrote:

Hi all,

Here's a 9-frame solar mosaic made using images delivered by a
Coronado PST and captured by a Lumenera SKYnyx camera. PST frames
aren't particulalry well suited to this kind of image construction as
they tend to come with a sweet-spot and gradient bands across them.
The processing isn't perfect but it's a lot better than my previous
attempts...

http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyImages/2006_Solar/2
006-09-11_08-43-12_annotated_1024.jpg

I haven't enough technical knowledge to ask any insightful questions
Pete, but that image from an artistic point of view is breathtaking.

--
Gareth Slee
Old September 11th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
George[_1_]

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi all,

Here's a 9-frame solar mosaic made using images delivered by a
Coronado PST and captured by a Lumenera SKYnyx camera. PST frames
aren't particulalry well suited to this kind of image construction as
they tend to come with a sweet-spot and gradient bands across them.
The processing isn't perfect but it's a lot better than my previous
attempts...

http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...tated_1024.jpg

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Very nice, Pete. Good work.

George

Old September 11th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Pete Lawrence wrote:
Hi all,

Here's a 9-frame solar mosaic made using images delivered by a
Coronado PST and captured by a Lumenera SKYnyx camera. PST frames
aren't particulalry well suited to this kind of image construction as
they tend to come with a sweet-spot and gradient bands across them.
The processing isn't perfect but it's a lot better than my previous
attempts...

http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...tated_1024.jpg

Dear Pete,

This is truly excellent work. You have the acquisition and processing
fully mastered.

Anthony.
Old September 12th 06, 07:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Norbert

Pete Lawrence nous a donc écrit :

Hi all,

Here's a 9-frame solar mosaic made using images delivered by a
Coronado PST and captured by a Lumenera SKYnyx camera. PST frames
aren't particulalry well suited to this kind of image construction as
they tend to come with a sweet-spot and gradient bands across them.
The processing isn't perfect but it's a lot better than my previous
attempts...

http://www.globalobservers.net/SkyIm...tated_1024.jpg

Very impressive.
I hardly imagine how difficult it could be to join the pieces of the puzzle
without large details.

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)

Doglicker off her meds Daedalus Misc 0 July 20th 06 08:44 PM
Mars Global Surveyor Images: January 12-25, 2006 [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 January 26th 06 01:27 AM
Mars Global Surveyor Images: January 12-25, 2006 [email protected] News 0 January 26th 06 01:26 AM
A positive leap second will be introduced in UTC on 31 December 2005 Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 6 July 11th 05 05:23 PM