DC Area: Societal Impact of Spaceflight Conference

Old September 2nd 06, 01:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default DC Area: Societal Impact of Spaceflight Conference

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 11:33:13 GMT, in a place far, far away, rk
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Societal Impact of Spaceflight Conference

NASA History Division and National Air and Space Museum Division of Space
History

19-21 September 2006 · Hirshhorn Museum, Smithsonian Institution,
Washington, DC

Purpose: The purpose of this conference is to undertake a broad overview of
the societal impact of space exploration, especially as illuminated by
historical research. The purpose is not to conduct an exercise in public
affairs or a debate over public policy, but to examine with rigorous
research what the impact has been, both nationally and internationally. This
is an enormous topic, so we cannot be comprehensive, but we can be broadly
representative of the major areas of impact.

Looks interesting. Too bad it's at the same time as Space 2006:

http://www.spaceref.com/calendar/calendar.html?pid=3876