Magazine

Old February 1st 05, 08:32 PM
Phil Hawkins

Default Magazine

Morning all

Can anyone recommend an Astronomy magazine suitable for those who live
in 'Paradise' (Perth, Western Australia grin)

The ones I've spotted seem to aimed at the American market, therefore of
limited value to me since the 'sky' is different. I'm told there is an
Australian one but it seems to go before I get to the newsagent. Is it
that good???

I'm a ' rank newbie' so too much technical stuff is of little value.
(Hell, I can't understand most of the posts concerning telescopes on
this newsgroup!!)

BTW thanks to those who assisted me with my CDC problem - I fixed it by
switching off the extra catalogues and went back to the basic one only

Regards
Phil
Old February 1st 05, 08:47 PM
CLT

IIRC, Sky and Telescope is coming out with Australian S&T.

;-)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

Old February 1st 05, 08:47 PM
gubbenimanen

Perhaps you meant the Australian Sky & Telescope:
http://www.austskyandtel.com.au ?

Roger Persson

Old February 1st 05, 08:48 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:32:33 GMT, Phil Hawkins
wrote:

Can anyone recommend an Astronomy magazine suitable for those who live
in 'Paradise' (Perth, Western Australia grin)

Seems like the brand new Australian edition of Sky and Telescope ought
to be just what you are looking for. Can't help if it sells out before
you get to the stand, but you should be able to subscribe.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old February 1st 05, 09:10 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Phil,

There is now the Australian Sky&Telescope which started in January/2005.
In the event it sells out as per your message below, why not subscribe?

Anthony.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:49 AM
Phil Hawkins

Phil Hawkins wrote:

Morning all

Can anyone recommend an Astronomy magazine suitable for those who live
in 'Paradise' (Perth, Western Australia grin)

The ones I've spotted seem to aimed at the American market, therefore
of limited value to me since the 'sky' is different. I'm told there is
an Australian one but it seems to go before I get to the newsagent. Is
it that good???

I'm a ' rank newbie' so too much technical stuff is of little value.
(Hell, I can't understand most of the posts concerning telescopes on
this newsgroup!!)

BTW thanks to those who assisted me with my CDC problem - I fixed it
by switching off the extra catalogues and went back to the basic one only

Regards
Phil

Thanks to all
I'll subscribe now
Regards
Phil
Old February 3rd 05, 09:29 AM
Jeff R.

"Phil Hawkins" wrote in message
Morning all

Can anyone recommend an Astronomy magazine suitable for those who live
in 'Paradise' (Perth, Western Australia grin)

The ones I've spotted seem to aimed at the American market, therefore of
limited value to me since the 'sky' is different. I'm told there is an
Australian one but it seems to go before I get to the newsagent. Is it
that good???

http://www.skyandspace.com.au/cache/...blic__0-0.html

This is Sky and Space, the local magazine, which has been serving the local
market for years. (Not just re-writing overseas articles.)

--
Jeff R.