Has the Meade eye-piece deal expired?

Old September 9th 03, 09:30 PM
Nate Pitcher

Default Has the Meade eye-piece deal expired?

I saw on one site that it was continued...what's the deal. Anyone know if I
can still get those lenses for 99 bucks? If so, when does it expire?

Old September 9th 03, 09:51 PM
Victor Roberts

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:30:26 GMT, "Nate Pitcher"
wrote:

I saw on one site that it was continued...what's the deal. Anyone know if I
can still get those lenses for 99 bucks? If so, when does it expire?

They have moved the expiration date a few times. I think the current
date is Dec 31, 2003.

--
Vic Roberts
Old September 9th 03, 10:12 PM
Dale

Nate Pitcher wrote:

I saw on one site that it was continued...what's the deal. Anyone know if I
can still get those lenses for 99 bucks? If so, when does it expire?

You might be thinking of the Celestron Accessory Kit on Amazon.com for
$99.95 w/free shipping.
It contains 5 Plossls, a 2X barlow, 5 color filters, moon filter &
aluminum case. Orders are being
taken now, but shipment will not be made until October.

Dale

Old September 10th 03, 04:52 AM
David G. Nagel

In a word-YES

I have the set and they appear to be fairly good lens for the design.

Dave Nagel

Old September 10th 03, 01:18 PM
Victor Roberts

"Dale" wrote in message
Nate Pitcher wrote:

I saw on one site that it was continued...what's the deal. Anyone know

if I
can still get those lenses for 99 bucks? If so, when does it expire?

You might be thinking of the Celestron Accessory Kit on Amazon.com for
$99.95 w/free shipping.
It contains 5 Plossls, a 2X barlow, 5 color filters, moon filter &
aluminum case. Orders are being
taken now, but shipment will not be made until October.

I'm not sure the answer is an unqualified YES. I have a Celestron C6
with a 25mm and 10mm Plossel and a 2X Barlow. I also have a Meade
ETX-125EC. The Celestron 2X Barlow is too long to be used in the Meade
ETX-125-ec. It hits the mirror used to direct the image to the
eyepiece instead of the camera mount. And, the 9.8 mm Meade Plossel
will not work in the Celestron C6 as the focuser does not have enough
travel.

--
Vic Roberts
Old September 11th 03, 03:17 AM
Paul F. Aubin

Good news. Thanks.

Old September 11th 03, 03:18 AM
Paul F. Aubin

Oops. Hmm, one yes, one maybe.... Guess I'll have to research this a bit
more.

Thanks.