ASTRO: NGC 4490/4485

Old June 28th 09, 12:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 4490/4485

I had some nights with good seeing this spring, in one of those (FWHM in the
5 minute raw frames was about 2.2 arcseconds in the earlier frames and 2.9
arcseconds in the later frames) I got the luminance data for this image of
interacting galaxies NGC 4490 and NGC 4485. Colour was added a month later
with my QHY8 one-shot-colour.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.8 on a G11
mount, luminance with SXV-H9 camera, 40x5 minutes, colour with QHY8, 27x5
minutes.

The image can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/4490-4485colourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4490-4485colourgut.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2488
Old June 28th 09, 06:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I had some nights with good seeing this spring, in one of those (FWHM in the
5 minute raw frames was about 2.2 arcseconds in the earlier frames and 2.9
arcseconds in the later frames) I got the luminance data for this image of
interacting galaxies NGC 4490 and NGC 4485. Colour was added a month later
with my QHY8 one-shot-colour.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.8 on a G11
mount, luminance with SXV-H9 camera, 40x5 minutes, colour with QHY8, 27x5
minutes.

The image can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/4490-4485colourgut.jpg

Stefan

The HII regions came out very well. I've tried this pair twice -- last
time was last year when it had a bright SN. Neither had good seeing.
This year I've been getting better seeing on a few nights but so many
clouds I've gotten very little in the last three months. I've gotten a
lot of 10 minutes of this and 20 of that then they are too far west and
I'm out of luck. It's driving me nuts. Think I have about 15 such part
images that will now have to wait for next year.

Rick

Old June 29th 09, 02:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that's a fine image of one of my favorites Stefan!

that came our really nice