NASA Mars rover landing seeks new alien life. Here's how thatwould change the world.

Old February 19th 21, 07:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

Default NASA Mars rover landing seeks new alien life. Here's how thatwould change the world.

(Cross-post removed)

a425couple wrote on 19/02/2021 5:50 am:
from
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-s-ncna1258212

NASA Mars rover landing seeks new alien life. Here's how that would
change the world.

Sorry!! Did I miss where 'they' had found *old* alien life??
--
Daniel
Old February 19th 21, 07:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Daniel65 wrote:
(Cross-post removed)
a425couple wrote on 19/02/2021 5:50 am:
from
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-s-ncna1258212
NASA Mars rover landing seeks new alien life. Here's how that would
change the world.

Sorry!! Did I miss where 'they' had found *old* alien life??

That would be the Viking missions.

The big excitement of getting a result back from your probe
saying "I think I see a chemical reaction characteristics of
life" was tempered by someone later finding an inorganic reaction
gave the same results.