[OT] A giant passes.

Old December 13th 04, 07:39 AM
Derek Lyons

Default [OT] A giant passes.

After a long illness and a recent crisis, my father-in-law passed this
Sunday morning as he had wished; quietly asleep in his favorite chair
with little bother or fuss.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old December 13th 04, 03:40 PM
Taneli Pirinen

Derek Lyons wrote:
After a long illness and a recent crisis, my father-in-law passed this
Sunday morning as he had wished; quietly asleep in his favorite chair
with little bother or fuss.

Sorry to hear that. But that is really nice way to go, had I the power
to choose, I'd pick the same way.

Old December 14th 04, 01:39 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Taneli Pirinen"
REMOVETHIStaneli.pirinenREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHIShels inki.fi.invalid wrote in
message ...
Derek Lyons wrote:
After a long illness and a recent crisis, my father-in-law passed this
Sunday morning as he had wished; quietly asleep in his favorite chair
with little bother or fuss.

Sorry to hear that. But that is really nice way to go, had I the power
to choose, I'd pick the same way.

Ayup. All in all, one of the better ways to go.

My condolances Derek.

Old December 14th 04, 06:09 AM
OM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:39:19 GMT, (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

After a long illness and a recent crisis, my father-in-law passed this
Sunday morning as he had wished; quietly asleep in his favorite chair
with little bother or fuss.

....D, you have my condolences. If there's really any good way to pass
on, there's really three acceptable options:

1) Dying in the service of your country and making sure if the enemy
isn't beaten by your actions, at least their victory is pyhrric as
possible.

2) Dying with a gorgeous redhead with big hooters bouncing on top of
you so that you have the unique experience of going and coming at the
same time.

3) Passing on as your FIL did, in peace.

....I do have one bit of advice, tho: I've had a lot of friends go
through deaths in the family during this particular holiday season and
find that the season tends to enhance the trauma. One in particular
tries to drink herself to death every Christmas Eve, and it's always a
fun event when nobody's around to kick her in the butt and babysit
her. My advice is this: treat this for what it is, and don't let the
fact that it happened two weeks before Christmas make it any worse.
Your FIL wouldn't have wanted that, even if you *did* marry his baby
girl. Mourn, yes. Overwhelm, no.

Again, my condolences and prayers, pal.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 14th 04, 11:17 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

2) Dying with a gorgeous redhead with big hooters bouncing on top of
you so that you have the unique experience of going and coming at the
same time.

We are finally in _complete_ agreement on something. :-)

Pat
Ann-Margret fan club member # 30,632,878

Old December 14th 04, 02:58 PM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

OM wrote:

2) Dying with a gorgeous redhead with big hooters bouncing on top of
you so that you have the unique experience of going and coming at the
same time.

We are finally in _complete_ agreement on something. :-)

They're always coming and going
And going and coming
And always too soon

-- Lili von Shtüpp

Old December 15th 04, 03:07 AM
OM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:17:54 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

OM wrote:

2) Dying with a gorgeous redhead with big hooters bouncing on top of
you so that you have the unique experience of going and coming at the
same time.

We are finally in _complete_ agreement on something. :-)

Ann-Margret fan club member # 30,632,878

....Not totally, alas. While Ann still holds a major place in the small
portion of my heart that I've allowed for "fanboy wet dreams", her
boobs weren't as big as I was talking about.

Still wouldn't spit'em out of my mouth under any circumstances, tho...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 15th 04, 06:09 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Not totally, alas. While Ann still holds a major place in the small
portion of my heart that I've allowed for "fanboy wet dreams", her
boobs weren't as big as I was talking about.

Blaze Starr...no, Tempest Storm...no, Virginia Bell...no, all six at
once! :-)

Pat

Old December 15th 04, 10:59 AM
Dale

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Derek.
What did he do for a living (or as a hobby, interest, whatever)?

Dale