In Pappy's Own Words

Old July 25th 03, 02:17 AM
John Maxson

Default In Pappy's Own Words

Jon Berndt wrote in message

I managed to track down Mr. Papadakis,

Big deal. The last I heard, he'd moved from Houston to Austin.

His answers shed a LOT of *light* on Mr. Maxson's claim,
and tells us "the rest of the story".

It tells you very little, other than Myron's revised but jaundiced
opinion. (Is he off the Scotch yet?)

"Only when the 154 film from theodolites are studied do you
get clear enough pictures to see the lower rocket really does
have the stripe."

"The 154 film?" What planet is he on?

Clearly, camera E202 shows that it has a frustum separation ring.
Copying film doesn't change proportion to *that* extent!

"The upper rockets black line is shown in this film to actually
be caused by the frustrum that is displaced and causing a dark
shadow where a stripe would be."

Sure, and I know where there is some good ocean-front property
in Clear Lake, Iowa.

There is no way in the world anyone is going to convince me that
a displaced frustum and a sun shadow cause the black ID band
visible in more than 30 frames of rotating left booster seen he

www.mission51l.com/apreview.htm

The fact that John Maxson's FOIA copies are poorly printed
(overexposed) explains a lot.

It shows you exactly how devious and deceitful NASA is (not to
mention that Jon Berndt is the same way).

But, this shows that his use of the words of others is at least
sometimes twisted and incomplete, in order to paint the picture
he wants to paint.

You are a liar, Berndt. You don't know one percent of the story.
On January 5, 1989, some time before traveling to KSC for his
oft-delayed screening (from the Reagan administration into the
Bush administration), Pappy called me to say:

"I don't trust NASA to show us the originals. They've had
a *year* to 'prepare' a film. Now they're claiming they're
having 'flickering' problems."

Papadakis betrayed me. I was told on good authority that it would
make my case even stronger, and it has. Howard Acosta told me
no light table was used, and that the film was run through very fast
(no time for "studying").

They were looking for dozens of things, not just the ID band. In
all cases, Charlie Stevenson gave them an excuse or interpretation
to twist what the Commission reported 180 degrees out of phase.

CASE CLOSED

Sorry, BBR, it doesn't work that way. You're not Judge Roy Bean;
you simply have delusions that you are.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old July 25th 03, 02:41 AM
Jon Berndt

Default Pappy Sets the Record Straight on 51-L

"John Maxson" wrote in message

Jon Berndt wrote in message

It tells you very little, other than Myron's revised but jaundiced
opinion. (Is he off the Scotch yet?)

You are so predictable. So deluded. So tragic.

Sure, and I know where there is some good ocean-front property
in Clear Lake, Iowa.

Trying to dump it on someone else, eh?

There is no way in the world anyone is going to convince me that
a displaced frustum and a sun shadow cause the black ID band
visible in more than 30 frames of rotating left booster seen he

We know. You're hopeless, you're not an engineer, you can't do basic
engineering calculations. You've got a history of misusing quotes, twisting
them, and holding back information, as we have just seen.

www.mission51l.com/apreview.htm

The fact that John Maxson's FOIA copies are poorly printed
(overexposed) explains a lot.

It shows you exactly how devious and deceitful NASA is (not to
mention that Jon Berndt is the same way).

You just can't handle that you made a big mistake. How typical of you! "Only
*my* evidence is any good!" he says. "Just a flesh wound", he says!

Papadakis betrayed me. I was told on good authority that it would
make my case even stronger, and it has. Howard Acosta told me
no light table was used, and that the film was run through very fast
(no time for "studying").

Hmmm. I wonder what Mr. Acosta would have to say:

CASE CLOSED

Sorry, BBR, it doesn't work that way. You're not Judge Roy Bean;
you simply have delusions that you are.

You always resort to name-calling when you've lost. You're no engineer, Mr.
J. Maxson.

CASE CLOSED.

Jon

Old July 25th 03, 03:04 AM
John Maxson

Jon Berndt wrote in message

It tells you very little, other than Myron's revised but jaundiced
opinion. (Is he off the Scotch yet?)

You are so predictable. So deluded. So tragic.

No, I'm just extremely well documented but very poor from
Lockheed's ***kill*** the messenger campaign. I could
quote Papadakis supporting me till the cows come home.
He frankly admitted that Senator Proxmire had **nothing**
to do with helping them get to see the (ha-ha) "original" film.

When push came to shove, Pappy got pushed and told me
to shove it. What can you expect from a guy who wrote the
first "SRB burnthrough" story for the Houston Chronicle?
(I'm dead serious about his over indulgence in Scotch, too.)

Old July 25th 03, 10:17 AM
Kent Betts

"Jon Berndt"
You are so predictable. So deluded. So tragic.

Is there some point when we can expect for you to give this topic a rest?

Old July 25th 03, 02:56 PM
Charleston

"Jon Berndt" wrote in message

When I spoke with him he remembered lots of details - even page numbers

from
the Rogers Report.

Reading all of that material, and seeing all of the video and some film
leaves an indelible imprint on your mind. It is unlike anything I have ever
studied in my life. It is why I have been able to quote info from written
sources on the accident fairly frequently and fairly accurately FWIW.

Daniel
Mount Charleston, not Charleston, SC

Old July 25th 03, 02:58 PM
Charleston

Default Austin's Bob Mosley III Leads Vicious 'Shoot the 51-L Messenger' Campaign

"John Maxson" wrote in message
Jon Berndt wrote in message

Squirm all you want, John Maxson, the truth is revealed in
your own words, and from your own sources.

It takes a worm to squirm, Burnt. That's you -- and Dan.

This from a man who has withheld the truth about Pappy all these years?
Leave me alone.

Old July 25th 03, 03:32 PM
John Maxson

This from the son who has constantly belittled and defamed
me? The one who won't own up to his own admission of early
knowledge (from O'Connor) of the fireball crossing? I'll have
plenty more to say here about what you've tried to do to me.

Don't ever lecture *me* about withholding information, you
lower than a burnt out maggot!

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Charleston wrote
in message news:SHaUa.41801$zy.31555@fed1read06...

Old July 25th 03, 04:50 PM
John Maxson

Charleston wrote
in message news:IQbUa.41907$zy.6373@fed1read06...

The truth of the Pappy info is getting to you, so you go
personal?

"Truth?" You've gone off the deep end.

Regarding STS 51-L, no one on this planet has supported
you over a longer period of time and did more for you than
I have done. No one.

You are an ungrateful liar. You are unfit to bear my name.
You sloughed off copies of what *you* wanted to request.
You sided with my adversaries; to you I was no more than
your token father. Jean-Claude makes you look plain sick.

Old July 28th 03, 01:37 PM
Sander Vesik

In sci.space.policy John Maxson wrote:
Jon Berndt wrote in message

Mr. Maxson seemed plenty interested in throwing about
names when he thought it might help him.

More libel and defamation, I see. Is that all you can do?

Maybe you should conisder finding out what the terms "libel"
and "defmaion" actually mean? Becuase most of what you call
by them doesn't apepar to be.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old July 28th 03, 02:37 PM
John Maxson

"Seemed," "when," "most," "appear?" Do you lame critics
ever do *anything* but hedge?