Jeff Williams Russian EVA training -- in the blind?

Old January 11th 06, 03:44 PM posted to sci.space.station

Default Jeff Williams Russian EVA training -- in the blind?

Jeff Williams Russian EVA training -- in the blind?
http://www.kommersant.com/gallery.as...&pics_id=28993

I presume he will be able to SEE through at least a
few square centimeters of the faceplate?

Old January 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.station

Jim Oberg wrote:
Jeff Williams Russian EVA training -- in the blind?
http://www.kommersant.com/gallery.as...&pics_id=28993

I presume he will be able to SEE through at least a
few square centimeters of the faceplate?

Here are pictures of others undergoing Russian EVA training:

http://www.uai.it/index.php?tipo=A&id=648
http://www.uai.it/photos/2004-12-20_648_1903.jpg

http://iss.sfo.jaxa.jp/astro/report/2004/0404_e.html

Rusty

Old January 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.station

Your are right. This photo was taken a the Hydrolab in Star City. There is
a Plexiglas visor on the Orlan that protects the main visor from bumps and
scratches. The water drops are just hanging on the inside of that
protective visor. As soon as he's in the water he can see fine. Actually I
think maybe he is getting out of the suit after a training run so everything
is still we.

Chuck

"Gene Cash" wrote in message
"Jim Oberg" writes:

Jeff Williams Russian EVA training -- in the blind?
http://www.kommersant.com/gallery.as...&pics_id=28993

I presume he will be able to SEE through at least a
few square centimeters of the faceplate?

That may be water droplets hanging off the outside of the visor.

If you look in the background, I think that's the reflections off the
water surface in the zero-gee simulation tank.

-gc

--
"Atheists view their theist friends with much the same feeling as

nonsmokers
do their smoking friends." -- David R. Henry