We made it to Mars, finally!

Old January 4th 04, 05:12 AM
P. Edward Murray

Default We made it to Mars, finally!

For many of us,thousands if not more,this is a great day. Some years
ago folks at JPL decided again to create a cd and give citizens of the
United States the opportunity to go vicariously to Mars by printing
our names on it. I said many of us because we signed up for the Polar
Lander that never landed safely.

I pray that we can also find the little Beagle 2 and start getting
data back from it!

Let's find some water! I want to go swimming or at least have some
iced tea!

Ed
Old January 4th 04, 06:43 AM
Mr Fix It

Just caught it on the news - only took two hours of searching thru all
the crime and dime shows and other TRASH on TV and local MEDIACOM
shelolim. Mediacom can "bitzvanishdah meinen toces"! But Im greatful
FOX finally spent 30 seconds on the landing to inform America of its
great triumph tonight. I hope FOX informs Pres Bush so he can give a
press conferbence tomorrows to yous.
Yepper and HeeeeeeeeeeHaw!
Fix It

Old January 4th 04, 07:00 AM
starman

Mr Fix It wrote:

Just caught it on the news - only took two hours of searching thru all
the crime and dime shows and other TRASH on TV and local MEDIACOM
shelolim. Mediacom can "bitzvanishdah meinen toces"! But Im greatful
FOX finally spent 30 seconds on the landing to inform America of its
great triumph tonight. I hope FOX informs Pres Bush so he can give a
press conferbence tomorrows to yous.
Yepper and HeeeeeeeeeeHaw!
Fix It

There was about 30-minutes of live coverage on CNN, starting well before
the landing.

Old January 4th 04, 07:57 AM
Klaatu

P. Edward Murray wrote:

For many of us,thousands if not more,this is a great day. Some years
ago folks at JPL decided again to create a cd and give citizens of the
United States the opportunity to go vicariously to Mars by printing
our names on it. I said many of us because we signed up for the Polar
Lander that never landed safely.

I pray that we can also find the little Beagle 2 and start getting
data back from it!

Let's find some water! I want to go swimming or at least have some
iced tea!

Ed

Current live webcast on NASA TV, including first panorama images of Mars
see http://www.nasa.gov/ram/35037main_portal.ram as of 2 am CST.