Astro Stocking Stuffers

Old December 25th 03, 07:40 PM
Rod Mollise

Default Astro Stocking Stuffers

Santa left me O'Meara's books on the Messier and Caldwell objects. What astro
gear did Santa leave you?

Hi Bill:

Some new eyepieces (plossl sets to use in the Denkmeier), and some odds and
ends like a new Polaris Setting Plate for the U8 (mine was several years out of
date), a computer control cable for the NS11 (already had the computer cable to
use with HcAnywhere, but wanted the other cable as well), etc.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old December 25th 03, 08:12 PM
Tom Carrico

No whining from southern CA. I have imaged every clear night since Aug 30,
for a grand total of 3 nights. And we are entering the cloudy season now.
The Pacific Northwet is not a good place for astronomy.
Santa brought me the RASC handbook and The Great Atlas of Stars. My youngest
daughter received The Monthly Sky by Ridpath and Tirion.
Happy Holidays!

--
Tom Carrico
http://www.ccdargo.com
"Starlord" wrote in message
A cold rainy cloudy day.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Bill Ferris" wrote in message
Santa left me O'Meara's books on the Messier and Caldwell objects. What

astro
gear did Santa leave you?

Regards,

Bill Ferris
"Cosmic Voyage: The Online Resource for Amateur Astronomers"

Old December 25th 03, 08:12 PM
Tom Carrico

No whining from southern CA. I have imaged every clear night since Aug 30,
for a grand total of 3 nights. And we are entering the cloudy season now.
The Pacific Northwet is not a good place for astronomy.
Santa brought me the RASC handbook and The Great Atlas of Stars. My youngest
daughter received The Monthly Sky by Ridpath and Tirion.
Happy Holidays!

--
Tom Carrico
http://www.ccdargo.com
"Starlord" wrote in message
A cold rainy cloudy day.

Old December 25th 03, 08:40 PM
Starlord

I'd be more than happy to tell the rain that's falling right now to pack it's
bag and go NORTH by at lest 2 states.

--

"Tom Carrico" wrote in message
No whining from southern CA. I have imaged every clear night since Aug 30,
for a grand total of 3 nights. And we are entering the cloudy season now.
The Pacific Northwet is not a good place for astronomy.
Santa brought me the RASC handbook and The Great Atlas of Stars. My youngest
daughter received The Monthly Sky by Ridpath and Tirion.
Happy Holidays!

--
Tom Carrico
http://www.ccdargo.com
"Starlord" wrote in message
A cold rainy cloudy day.

--
[...]

---

Old December 25th 03, 08:40 PM
Starlord

[...]

"Starlord" wrote in message
A cold rainy cloudy day.

Old December 25th 03, 09:23 PM
Michael A. Covington

A Tele Vue XL21 eyepiece (see other threads).

A Slinky (from my daughters who think I need to have more fun).

A set of Sharpies in various colors never seen before. (They frequent
art-supply stores.)

A small gong for my desk. Reportedly for keeping graduate students in line

Old December 25th 03, 09:56 PM
Rod Mollise

No whining from southern CA. I have imaged every clear night since Aug 30,

HI Tom:

Not me I haven't had any good planetary imaging runs since Novemeber...we have
our share of excellent seeing down here...but not lately. I've YET to get a
good night with Saturn. ;-(

Old December 25th 03, 09:57 PM
Rod Mollise

A small gong for my desk. Reportedly for keeping graduate students in line

Curse those grad students! Wait...I _am_ one! ;-)